Wheelersburg Baseball 2011

The D
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg Baseball 2011

Post by The D »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:I know of a couple places that I would like to see if they could win with that coaching??? Let that staff come to a couple other schools in that conference and see how they would do!! You are only as good as your players. If you have mediocre players your record will be mediocre!! If you have talented players, you will win a lot of games!!! How many games do you think a coach actually wins in a season of baseball????
and if you have a mediocre coach that doesn't care, nor gives the effort to prepare his players and get them working together, it doesn't matter how good the players are, there will be trouble for that team!

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

The D wrote:
ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:I know of a couple places that I would like to see if they could win with that coaching??? Let that staff come to a couple other schools in that conference and see how they would do!! You are only as good as your players. If you have mediocre players your record will be mediocre!! If you have talented players, you will win a lot of games!!! How many games do you think a coach actually wins in a season of baseball????
and if you have a mediocre coach that doesn't care, nor gives the effort to prepare his players and get them working together, it doesn't matter how good the players are, there will be trouble for that team!
Sir i know that you are not talking about the Wheelersburg Coaching Staff or you are on the wrong site to be posting your comments. The Wheelersburg Staff is second to none and know their stuff and the talent very well.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Burg#1 wrote:
The D wrote:
Sir i know that you are not talking about the Wheelersburg Coaching Staff or you are on the wrong site to be posting your comments. The Wheelersburg Staff is second to none and know their stuff and the talent very well.
no, i am 100% on board that they are a top teir staff, I am saying that a team must have excellent coaching in order to preform as well as our pirates do! the other guy is saying that only taleent matters, and that the Burg coaching staff in other schools would only have mediocre organizations, which is absolutely preposterous.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Support Wheelersburg's Baseball Team this Saturday at McDonald's in the Burg. They will be "helping" from 11am to 2pm. Come on out and meet the team and help them raise some money. A big thanks to Bruce Parsley!

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

BE THERE!!!!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

mcdonlad's and the parsley family always stepping up and helping the sporting community both in wheelersburg and around the county. thanks to them and all they do. will be there as well eating mcd's and supporting the cause.

CleanupMan
Waterboy

Post by CleanupMan »

4th n Goal wrote:The schedule on the school website shows 4 games vs. Greenup Co. and all of them are shown as away games.
My Greenup schedule has GC varsity playing at the Burg on 4/26 & 5/10 FYI :mrgreen: Home games against the Burg are 3/28 & 4/13(Tourney)

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

CleanupMan wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:The schedule on the school website shows 4 games vs. Greenup Co. and all of them are shown as away games.
My Greenup schedule has GC varsity playing at the Burg on 4/26 & 5/10 FYI :mrgreen: Home games against the Burg are 3/28 & 4/13(Tourney)
The schedule on the Burg website does not list the 4/26 or 5/10 games at all, but has a game @ GC on 4/16.

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

Wheelersburg will scrimmage Unioto @ Wheelersburg at noon on Saturday.

sonny
Riding the Bench

Post by sonny »

How about Fairland on the schedule this year? I heard they should pretty good this year. They lost only one starter.

CleanupMan
Waterboy

Post by CleanupMan »

Greenup scrimmaged Fairland and won , but that don't mean anything. Fairland is big as a football team, pretty good lefty pitcher also.

sonny
Riding the Bench

Post by sonny »

Fairland pulled starters inthat game,I was told after four innings and was winning 3-1. Thackston pitched well and he gave up 1 hit and one run. They pulled starters and put in jv kids in after that and greenup kept alot of thier starters in. Greenup co dad was saying. Greenup lost alot of seniors and Fairland has seven starters back. I seen Thackston pitch last year and he was impressive as a sophomore.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

sonny and cleanup man. maybe you did not see the thread but it is a burg baseball. i'm sure the fairland and greenup co threads would love this information. but then again isn't greenup co everybodys team?

CleanupMan
Waterboy

Post by CleanupMan »

RxBurgFan,

Well let us have it. Who are the Burg top three pitchers & hitters? What the lineup going to look like? Who do you expect to play the field? I don't want to hear about who eating at McD's. :lol: :mrgreen: :roll: :12224

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

CleanupMan wrote:RxBurgFan,

Well let us have it. Who are the Burg top three pitchers & hitters? What the lineup going to look like? Who do you expect to play the field? I don't want to hear about who eating at McD's. :lol: :mrgreen: :roll: :12224
well its about time the thread returns to the subject at hand. well we could open it up to discuss soap operas but i think we should leave this to burg baseball. just follow the lead of the thread that you click on. that's usually a good idea when visiting this site. :-D

sonny
Riding the Bench

Post by sonny »

Rx burg,
What are you the thread police? Get a grip. I ask the question about fairland on their schedule? Maybe we will see you at the fairland-burg game and then you can comment about it.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Burg scrimmaging chillicothe friday at 5p and clyde saturday 11am double header-both at the burg-Go Burg ;-)

CleanupMan
Waterboy

Post by CleanupMan »

Does Burg regular season start on Monday?

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

CleanupMan wrote:Does Burg regular season start on Monday?

Yes! Monday evening at 7:00pm @ Greenup Co

CleanupMan
Waterboy

Post by CleanupMan »

I know this not GC thread, but till you see our new scoreboard. It is impressive! Like to know your guys opinion after the game. Also Greenup looks to be in a rebuilding year. :mrgreen:

Return to “Baseball”