Southern Tornadoes Baseball (Perfect)

Super trooper
All State

Re: southern Tornadoes Baseball

Post by Super trooper »

The Eastern poster on this forum doesn't represent us all at Eastern. Heck of a year so far Southern

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I've been to wren many times. It cannot hold the amount of all district games like turf field at va can. No shade at wren either. Good to have some shade to watch late spring tourney games.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

bballmaniac wrote:Should be 15-2 right now. the games against Gallia were flukes. :122249
Just like the cardinals winning the world series last year. Fluke but still got the rings

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

93Bulldog wrote:Of all the sports - baseball (and or softball) could do a TVC championship game the easiest ... Lots of flexibility in the scheduling ... Usually there are rain-outs and teams don't ever reach the max games.

But please don't get me started on the Carbon/Ohio University deal ... lol ... We lost the American Legion State tournament - and I'm still mad over it!

Wren Stadium should be the 'hub' of all high school district tournaments (just like the Convo is to basketball) ... Instead - we all have to make the haul over the Chillicothe.
93 - When Athens lost the Legion Tournament, I was one of the most outspoken critics on this forum of Carbone and OU for their treatment of the Athens Post, and the state Legion officials. The economic impact to the area was significant, and the arrogance shown from OU administrators in the wake of this unfortunate development was sickening. I was not kidding about having the championship at Wren. Once Carbone is gone, it could happen. Of course, the TVC has to decide to have a league championship first, and who knows if that will ever happen. One can only dream...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I hear ya Steely Dan ... It may be Carbone's last year - but getting the Legion Tournament back from Beavers (who had been trying to get it for years up in Lancaster) will be next to impossible.

SOUTHERN TORNADOES: This week may be the biggest test yet for Southern ... Three games in week five: Belpre at home Monday ... at Federal Hocking Wednesday ... vs Trimble on Friday in Racine. If the Tornaodes make it through the week unscathed - only Miller, River Valley and Eastern stand in the way of a perfect 24-0 regular season.

(Question: Anyone know of the last undefeated regular season by a baseball team in Southeastern Ohio?)

1sportsfan
Waterboy

Post by 1sportsfan »

bballmaniac wrote:Should be 15-2 right now. the games against Gallia were flukes. :122249
Not a Southern fan but did attend the Gallia games and your sadly mistaken. Southern used there #4 and #5 pitchers and played all there players in numerous positions to see what they had. Great coaching job early in the year and still came out with victories

bballmaniac
Waterboy

Post by bballmaniac »

1sportsfan wrote:
Not a Southern fan but did attend the Gallia games and your sadly mistaken. Southern used there #4 and #5 pitchers and played all there players in numerous positions to see what they had. Great coaching job early in the year and still came out with victories
Put Southern up against the Devils now and see how that works out for em. There's a big difference between division 2 and division 4 competition. That's all I have to say. :aaaaa10 :aaaaa10 http://southeasternohiopreps.com/forum/ ... ilies&f=20#

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I think the Devils already had their chance. You lost twice to a division 4 Southern team so im not sure how your qualified to say thered be any change now

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Didn't Gallia lose to a Division III Meigs team just last week?

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

bballmaniac wrote:
1sportsfan wrote:
Put Southern up against the Devils now and see how that works out for em. There's a big difference between division 2 and division 4 competition. That's all I have to say. :aaaaa10 :aaaaa10 http://southeasternohiopreps.com/forum/ ... ilies&f=20#

If you play a team enough times you probably will eventually win a game. I wouldn't worry about Southern you are 0-2 against them. I would be worrying about some of them D2 schools you are going to be playing in the tournament like Athens. I have watched Gallia and Athens and all I am going to say is you better be real worried about Athens or that bye-bye will be you leaving the tournament.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Depending on how the seeding shakes out - Athens could easilly be playing Gallia in the 2nd round of the districts - or not at all. It just depends where Athens, Unioto and Gallia end up ... But ... Even getting out of the sectional may prove to be tough with Warren, Jackson, Chillicothe and Marrietta lurking in the 6, 7, 8 and 9 sports right now.

Satelite
Waterboy

Post by Satelite »

How can someone make a statement that "Southern is not that good?" Or better yet, how can someone profess that Gallia is better when they were beat twice at their own place?

DIVISION 2 is supposed to be better than DIVISION 4! Yet, what does it say about a D4 team beating a 10th ranked D2 team...twice? Fluke?...maybe once, but not twice! Come on bballmaniac!

Publius, come on man!..who have they played? Pretty much the same teams you have. Let's see here...5 of Eastern's wins have been by one or two runs against RV, Fed, Trimble, S. Gallia, and Belpre. Three of your seven losses have been against Wahama, MILLER, and Trimble, all by one run. Why do I mention this, because Southern has mercied all of those teams! Not just won, but MERCIED!

Not that good? Southern is 19-0 and ranked 3rd in the state. And even though I agree with the fact that they have played weak teams, I am convinced by the fact that they have mercy ruled 14 of the 19 wins (along with shutting out 6) and have outscored their opponents something like 240-40. If Southern was just slipping by these weak times, I too would not put much value in them. However, they are doing what good teams are supposed to do to weak teams...go home after five.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

bballmaniac wrote:
1sportsfan wrote:

You are right there is a big difference in division 2 (Vinton Co.) and division 4 ( Southern).

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Congrats to Southern for being TVC Hocking Champs! Keep rolling!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hopper 11 wrote:Congrats to Southern for being TVC Hocking Champs! Keep rolling!
Ditto.

BTW Hopper ... Eastern has won 4-in-a-row (5 if you include the suspended game vs Fed Hock) ... They have Miller, Waterford, Belpre, Vinton County before the season finale versus Southern.

I may have to make a trip to Racine for that one - especially if Eastern is on a 9-game winning streak!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

BTW Hopper ... Eastern has won 4-in-a-row (5 if you include the suspended game vs Fed Hock) ... They have Miller, Waterford, Belpre, Vinton County before the season finale versus Southern.

I may have to make a trip to Racine for that one - especially if Eastern is on a 9-game winning streak![/quote]

Wahama beat eastern tonight. Although
Eastern seniors are on senior trip in florida

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

G.W.A. wrote:BTW Hopper ... Eastern has won 4-in-a-row (5 if you include the suspended game vs Fed Hock) ... They have Miller, Waterford, Belpre, Vinton County before the season finale versus Southern.

I may have to make a trip to Racine for that one - especially if Eastern is on a 9-game winning streak!

Wahama beat eastern tonight. Although
Eastern seniors are on senior trip in florida[/quote]

G.W.A. Eastern won 8-3. At least that's the score I recieved.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

My bad. I read it wrong.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Hopper 11 wrote:Congrats to Southern for being TVC Hocking Champs! Keep rolling!
Ditto.

You definitely need to experience a game at Racine. It is the only field I can think of if you foul one off behind you it is in the river.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Can I anchor the boat and watch from the river? How about jump in and try to retrieve the ball like they do in San Fransisco bay at Giant games? lol

BTW ... The Athens Messenger had a great spread on the Southern/Fed Hock game ... You should pick up a copy Hopper - some great pics on the front page.

Here is the online link - but the print copy had more stuff on its sports page ... http://www.athensohiotoday.com/sports/

Return to “Baseball”