Belpre Eagles 2008

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Belpre has Hell of a freshman class coming in. Lots of speed and power. The 8 grade team is loaded as well. We took these kids to tournament at Kent state and dominated Cleveland, Toledo, some other team but lost to Akron by 1.
Last edited by otterslide on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Go look at your dugouts.

Hey, otterslide if you had told me to go look at my dugouts then obviously you know what school I am from.

I run the parks down there and I take your smart remark personel. If I find out who you are I will drag it with your face. I know are field is one of the best fields in all of TVC area.

First it is personal not "personEl" and if you talking of something belonging to you then it is our not "are." Are you talking about the field that the Belpre high school team plays on and if you are, and you are collecting a paycheck, you are stealing. I will give you this it is better than Miller's. Anyone have a banana?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Why rip on Belpre's field? Obviously the guy took personal offense to it, and the subject isn't overly important. What is the point? Vinton County used to play on a field with a 6 foot mound and potholes all over the darn thing. Federal Hocking didn't say a word. They proceeded to simply kick VC's arse. Did Jr. boot a couple of balls at Belpre or what?

FH used to have a bad field, but they don't rip on other team's fields now that the FH field is one of the best. I think they realize that they were very lucky to have the type of people to make the field a great one, and that not every district (all are poor) have the people and/or resources to do the same.

Actually, VC used to have three of the worst facilities for football, basketball, and baseball in the TVC. I guess now that they've passed a levy, you can smugly criticize other team's facilities.

I understand being disgruntled when a field does not seem safely playable, and the original comment may have been warranted. However, the point was made. It obviously hit another poster personally, so it clearly becomes time to stop the discussion, rather than trying to make the person look stupid.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

Hawkeye seriously let this one go! Belpre High School has nothing to do with the field, it's the Belpre Junior Baseball League. Which odds are he is a volunteer, trying to improve his community! If you want to rip on someone for trying to improve his/her community you need to get the heck of this site!

Belpre has a decent facility, they're trying to pass a levy right now! Maybe then they can get the beautiful facilities you have.

But since we're on the subject what is with your field, I went to a game this past year & it was not mowed & the grass you did have looked dead! It looked horrendous for a 2-3 year old field! I'm just wondering what was going on there & if you're going to slam me please just PM me!

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

I am going back to delete my posts. The comments were pretty harsh about the Belpre Junior Baseball Fields and the High School field we maintain.
I did take it personel however my point has been made and it is time to move on. However, one needs to remember that if he or she is going to be negative about another school they should sometimes turn around and look at themselves or in some cases not even a year or two ago. None of the schools in our area are state of the art like the schools are up north. It takes alot of community help and volunteers.
I could be wrong but I wasn't it the levy in VC that passed or did the state just take over? I have had nothing but good things to say about the great school buildings they have gotten and I am very glad. I have told that to several VC people. I am truly sorry that our facilities are not up to some peoples standards. We (several volunters in the area) are trying to get things done. Alot of us put our own personal time and money in these things and one day we all hope to see it pay off.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Just a question....why did Belpre stop using the field at the high school? Back when I was in high school in the early 90's they were still using it. Then when I was coaching in the TVC in the early 00's they were using the public park. When did they officially stop playing at the high school? I know it had a very short porch to right field, but it wasn't too bad...could have just put up a green monster style fence in right. Will there ever be another diamond at the high school?

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Although Belpre lost Thornhill, Watson and Sizemore from last seasons squad the cupboard isn't bare. Packard, Waderker, Tate and Logue will give Belpre a solid pitching rotation. Packard and Waderker can both hit the long ball. Defense will be a huge key in Belpre's sucess

Just A Fan
Waterboy

Re: Belpre Eagles 2008

Post by Just A Fan »

did tate even play baseball last year. i didnt see him on the field.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Just A Fan wrote:did tate even play baseball last year. i didnt see him on the field.

Yes he did. Started every game he played at several different positions. Shortstop, third base, second base, right field, catcher, and pitcher. He had big saves vs NY Buckeyes and Warren Warriors on the mound. Was turninging into our closer til grades became an issue. I believe those issues are behind him now and I look forward to an outstanding sophomore season.

Just A Fan
Waterboy

Post by Just A Fan »

didnt that happen in baseball too.

Just A Fan
Waterboy

Post by Just A Fan »

sorry meant football.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I hope that if FH plays Belpre in the tournament, that FH is the underdog. :-D The underdog wins that sectional game every time.

Belpre in 2000, 2006, and 2007

FH in 2004 (though FH was only the dog because Grimm did not pitch in the regular season game)

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

The Eagles pitching staff looks set with senior Mike Waderker, juniors Ashton Packard and John Logue along with sophomores Markie Tate and Curtis Merryweather. Pitching should be a strength on this years ball club.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Has anyone seen this seasons schedule?

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Haven't seen a schedule bit I believe the 1st game is April 3rd. There are 27 games on the schedule from what I've been told.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Belpre looked pretty good in yesterdays schrimage against Waterford.

Just A Fan
Waterboy

Post by Just A Fan »

they looked really good but there are still a few things that they need to work on

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

At the scrimmage against Waterford I thought the pitching looked pretty good. Packard, Waderker and Tate threw hard and kept the ball down in the strike zone. The bats were there as well. Packards big blast as well as a shot Waderker hit (that was held up by the wind) to dead center field showed that the Eagles will still have those big bats they had last year. If the defense can get to that level as well, a TVC championship is within reach.

Return to “Baseball”