Wheelersburg Pirates SOC II Champs ?

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates SOC II Champs ?

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

The burg year in and year out have a team that can get the job done. We do loose 8 seniors this year but their is alot of talent that is on the burgs bench right now who has got alot of playing time this year with the way alot of the games have turned out so I dont think those guys will have any problim stepping in next season. Coach Estep and the other coaches will have his team ready to play next season.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates SOC II Champs ?

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I believe all this success Wheelersburg has at the high school level can be credited with the excellent Little League program that the Burg has. I live across from the Grade School where the LL fields are and there isn't a night that goes by during the spring and summer that the parking lot isn't full and the ballpark rocking. You can also go by on any given night and see fathers with their sons up there hitting balls, taking infield, pitching, etc. I know from first hand how this group of Pirates worked during their LL days because I coached most of them at one time or another and knew these kids were going to excell at the next level. A great bunch of kids who have worked their tails off since the Minor League and Pitching Machine days to get where they are today and I'm sure quite a few of them will go on and have excellent college baseball careers.

Return to “Baseball”