Burg vs. Indian Valley

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Burg vs. Indian Valley

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Bottom of the order up for IV.

Hit to Elliot and on to White for out number one.

Batter hit by pitch. Runner on first.

Burg gets the double play, 5-4-3 to end the inning.

Now lets get those bats going!!!

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Great game! Pirates WIN!! Now on to Adena!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Bottom of the 8th. 9, 1, and 2 hitters coming up.

Elliot at the plate. Hit to SS and on to 1st for the out.

Lyons at the plate. He walks. Winning run on 1st base.

Wamsley at the plate. High chopper to SS and the radio announcers said he was safe, but he was called out. Lyons to 2nd with two outs.

Hopper at the plate. Hopper hits a hard ball at the 2nd baseman and he misplays it and Lyons scores to win the game!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB BOYS!!!!!!!!!

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Thanks BG77 for the updates!

earp
S

Post by earp »

That was a hell of a game!I hated it ended like it did but those are the breaks!And a great win for Southern Ohio.Good luck againist Adena!I think clearly the best 2 teams in Southern Ohio. ;-)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You're welcome.

Great job by the boys today.

Burg had 4 hits and 1 error, 5 runners left on base

IV had 10 hits and left 9 on base and had 1 error.

Big two out hit by Hopper in the bottom of the 8th. Even though he didn't get an official hit for it since it was an error, the hard hit handcuffed the 2nd baseman and got the winning run home and that's all the matters. Awesome picthing by Russell ( 7 SO's) and Wamsley and excellent defense by the entire team got this win for the Pirates.

Hats off to Indian Valley. Gosser pitched one helluva game and had two solid doubles and the only RBI for IV. Indian Valley is a great team and congrats to them on a great season.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

CONGRADS on a very BIG WIN!!!! Keep it going an Good Luck on tomorrow!!!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Thanks for the updates! Good luck tomorrow to the Pirates!

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

What a game Indian Valley can hit the baseball. Jordan pitched a great game pitching himself out a jam after jam thats what winners do. The kids didn't panic when the bats were quite they just stepped up and played great defense till the bounce came our way. Wes worked a walk and Aaron hit a shot the the 2b could handle they do the little things to win.Adam came in and did a great job on the mound. Daniel was a wall today no passed balls and he saved atleast 3 wild pitches outstanding effort on his part. Tommorow Bigger fish to fry.
One game at a time.

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

Indian Valley was a very good team they just couldnt catch a break. Burg played a great game as well and had a little luck on their side today. Both pitchers today pitched great games and Indian Valley's pitcher also ripped the ball at the plate.

CONGRADS to the BURG keep it rollin!!!

Air Force I
Waterboy

Post by Air Force I »

If you didn't go to this game you missed a dandy ballgame. two great ball clubs batteling it out to try and play the next day. it ended up to who had the last at bat with burg stepping up big in the bottom of the 8th to end it and send them to the regional final. congrats to indian valley on a great year, and congrats to burg on the victory

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

What a game by two very solid ball clubs. Gasser was as good as Burg has faced all season but that is what is expected when you get this deep in the tourney. Rumor was they were clocking him at 86 pretty consistently. He placed the ball well and was around the plate with most of his pitches. Burg was patient at the plate with numeous 3-2 and 2-2 counts and just could not get his fastball away in play for the most part.

Russell pitched a dandy of a game working out of numerous jams throughout the day. A couple were 1 out strikeouts with runners in scoring position. Defense came up with huge plays and IMO defense is what wins championships. I think Burg turned 3 DP's (almost 4) on the day and the huge tag out at 3rd on the double relay from hopper to elliott to wamsley to lyon. Mr. Armstrong caught a dandy defensive game as well. I know bama is a proud papa! :122245

I'm sure the boys would have liked to hit the ball better today but they faced a dandy pitcher for IV in Gasser.

Again the Burg done the little things that mattered today to pull out this ball game.
IV had numerous chances to blow this game open with their 9 hits but Burg just making the defensive plays to end the inning.

Tomorrow is another day... Get some rest and get the big sticks out for tomorrow.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

BULDOG wrote:If both play to their top level, this game could be a 1-0 or 2-1 contest and could go into extra innings.

I believe I called this one. Yeah for me :122246 :122246 :122246

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BULDOG wrote:
BULDOG wrote:If both play to their top level, this game could be a 1-0 or 2-1 contest and could go into extra innings.

I believe I called this one. Yeah for me :122246 :122246 :122246

Nice call Buldog and give Aaron a big pat on the back for me for the great hard hit ball in the 8th that the 2nd baseman couldn't handle. I'm surprised you guys didn't hear me whoopin' and hollerin' all the way up there.

Great game by all the boys and the coaching staff today!!!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Wheelersburg is lucky that they are still playing.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Bozo wrote:Wheelersburg is lucky that they are still playing.

And it takes just as much luck as it does skill once you get to this level, so what's your point.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Probably more luck than skill at tournament time.
They dodged bullets all day long.
They won and that is all that matters.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Sounds like sour grapes there Bozo. You can try again next year.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Bozo, well I guess your name says it all. Pretty intelligent post there.

Jordan Russell battled all night and showed a lot of heart on the mound. His battery mate, Daniel Armstrong called a great game and handled his pitchers very well. He also has a good arm that no doubt kept IV leary about running.

Adam Wamsley made some outstanding plays on defense while Spencer Hall continued to be clutch today. Wes Lyon and Aaron Hopper got it going in the 8th to notch the win.

BTW, Adam was no doubt safe at first base in the 8th. All Pirates did their job tonight and earned the victory.

IV and Gasser were as advertised. Gasser is just a hard nosed kid and I can see him having a good bit of success playing for the Etta Express the next 4 years.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Catch24 wrote:BTW, Adam was no doubt safe at first base in the 8th. All Pirates did their job tonight and earned the victory.

I agree 100% that Wamsley was safe at 1st, but based upon the outcome we were better off with him out. Took us out of the force and Lyon was running on contact which allowed him to score from 2nd on Hoppers groundball.

Return to “Baseball”