Southern Tornadoes Baseball (Perfect)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: southern Tornadoes Baseball

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Southern Tornadoes getting some radio air time via the Sportsfan last night ... Full page spreads in the newspapers ... I'm thinking 93Bulldog needs some compensation for all the strings he's pulling lately for the purple & gold! :mrgreen:

Maybe tickets into Paint Stadium if/when the Tornadoes play in the districts???? Dinner at Roosters if Southern makes it to the regionals in Lancaster??? Lifetime pass into Southern gymnasium for basketball games????

All pretty good ideas IMO ... Oh yea, I always take cold hard cash as well.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

93Bulldog wrote:The Southern Tornadoes getting some radio air time via the Sportsfan last night ... Full page spreads in the newspapers ... I'm thinking 93Bulldog needs some compensation for all the strings he's pulling lately for the purple & gold! :mrgreen:

Maybe tickets into Paint Stadium if/when the Tornadoes play in the districts???? Dinner at Roosters if Southern makes it to the regionals in Lancaster??? Lifetime pass into Southern gymnasium for basketball games????

All pretty good ideas IMO ... Oh yea, I always take cold hard cash as well.
Tickets into that gym, hummm. That will only be one more season. Suppose to be in their new high school 2013-14 school year. You should go watch the shs trimble game fri evening in racine. It really is a great field.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I may do that G.W.A ... and thx for the insight into the gym ... I'll take lifetime 'basketball' passes then - including ALL tournament games! lol

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

93, you should have passes into all the TVC games the great coverage and pictures you do for the league. As far as dinner goes, we may be able to do Applebees if you order off the two for twenty menu. lol You can anchor the boat for sure but you will have to walk to the top of the bank to see the game. I did pick up a copy of the Athens Messenger, I thought they did a great job on the game. I like how they interview the coaches after the game and get their perspective on the game. Did you get that Southern shirt made up yet for the game? Or are you going to wear that Athens shirt again? I will get you a Southern shirt if you don't have one because Pfloyd told me it was bad luck when you wore that Athen's shirt.lol I can't imagine a guy from Logan thinking like that. lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Probably too hot for the Athens sweatshirt Hopper ... I'll definitly have a T-shirt made from ZONEZ sometime next week ... Do you spell Southern; E.A.S.T.E.R.N? You guys are green and white correct? Gotta make sure I have that stuff correct before I have her make it ... lol

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I think Easterns winning streak is due to a lack of competition IMO. I dont look for the Southern game to be close

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Question: Once I get to the river and make a left off Rt. 33 ... Then get into Racine ... I'm assuming I don't make a left to the school, right? Since the field is along the river, do I keep going straight until I see the field or what?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

When you go past Southern High school with the school on the left, you keep going straight and turn left at the bank and you'll run right into it

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

93Bulldog wrote:Question: Once I get to the river and make a left off Rt. 33 ... Then get into Racine ... I'm assuming I don't make a left to the school, right? Since the field is along the river, do I keep going straight until I see the field or what?
That will take you right to the softball field which is fine you'll just have to walk around it to the baseball field.
Or you can make that left you speak of then take the 2nd right before the new bank and this will take you to the boys field parking

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Make the left like I'm going to the school ... take the 2nd right before the new bank ... and I'm there ... sweet.

Chikki is umpiring the softball game down there tonight and he drew me a map today that I DO NOT want to follow ... lol ... Rights, lefts, exits, round-a-bouts, 4-LANES, 2-LANES, watch for this sign and that sign ...

I'm sure its quicker to go out past Meigs High School ... But I like the "go to the river and make a left - you can't miss it' directions better.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

I see that you made it to racine 93. What do you think of the field?
That was one ugly game. Both pitchers looked good

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

G.W.A. wrote:I see that you made it to racine 93. What do you think of the field?
That was one ugly game. Both pitchers looked good
Oh man ... I LOVE IT down there on the river! lol

That may be my favorite field/facility in southeastern Ohio now ... The backstop is way to short (behind the catcher) - but its great for fans - gets you right up close and personal with the action ... Having the softball field right next to it is cool, the river in the backround is awesome ... The smoke stacks in the backround as well ... Lots of personality indeed.

After seeing both RAMTHUN & TAYLOR pitch this year fills me with optisism that Southern can do well in the districts - and hopefully the regionals ... You have to have that No. 2 guy when you start advancing - and Southern doesn't have a No. 2 - they have a 1 and a 1A IMO.

I know what J.D. can do - I could easilly see Trimble doing what they have done in the past ... Get to the tournament with a sub-par record, and then go on a run ... Seeding will determine how far I think.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I added a few pics to the Southern team page ... but its the ones at the bottom that kind of show off the atmosphere down on the river.

http://trivalleyconference.com/Southern.html

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

cool cucumber wrote:Southern has outscored their opponets 262 to 49 on their way to 23-0 this season.. That is INSANE! GO TORNADOES!
One more game against rival Eastern. If Southern wins it's an undefeated season! Yeahh Buddy! SOUTHERN BASEBALL!

Wraith
Riding the Bench

Re: Southern Tornadoes Baseball

Post by Wraith »

I would love to see Southern Play the marauders this year, even a little scrimmage. I think Southern would have their hands full. :twisted:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wraith wrote:I would love to see Southern Play the marauders this year, even a little scrimmage. I think Southern would have their hands full. :twisted:
Quick question ... Wouldn't a Meigs legion team consist of MEIGS, SOUTHERN & EASTERN?

Man, they should be one of the favorites in District 8 if all the kids do in fact play.

Publius
Waterboy

Post by Publius »

Game on? Looking forward to the Eagles ending this undefeated season. Going to be fun ending Southern's regular season with a loss then beating them again in the district championship. (if they even get there) Go Eagles!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Publius wrote:Game on? Looking forward to the Eagles ending this undefeated season. Going to be fun ending Southern's regular season with a loss then beating them again in the district championship. (if they even get there) Go Eagles!
It's always good to dream.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

G.W.A. wrote:
Publius wrote:Game on? Looking forward to the Eagles ending this undefeated season. Going to be fun ending Southern's regular season with a loss then beating them again in the district championship. (if they even get there) Go Eagles!
It's always good to dream.

:mrgreen:

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Sir, you are coming off a bit incoherent.

Return to “Baseball”