TVC Scores and Standings

vchoops
Freshman Team

Re: TVC Scores and Standings

Post by vchoops »

Does anyone have an updated record for the following teams?

Eastern
Trimble
Waterford
Miller

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Southern 9
South Gallia 1

South Gallia has shown great improvement from previous seasons.. they are more discipline and played with sportsmanship... the new coach has really helped out in changing the program

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Tyler_Durden wrote:
Remember_The_Name wrote:Southern is 3-0 in league play (with the Fed Hock game pending... its being finished when Fed comes to Southern... score is 9-6 Fed in the bot. of the 5th).

If that game is in the bottom of the 5th with Federal Hocking winning, how is it not a complete game?

1.42) A game which has gone five innings and is called while an inning is in
progress and before it is completed and the following situation prevails shall
be a suspended game:

The visiting team has scored one or more runs to tie the score or to take the
lead and the home team has not retaken the lead.

That is the only circumstance that would make it a suspended game. Otherwise after the visiting team has batted 5 innings it is complete.

I am not 100% sure on this one but I will give it my best shot to explain it. By rule I believe the game should haver been finalized when it was called due to darkness. However, the umpire signed the books with the ruling of a suspended game. With his signing of the books with that rule, the game must be completed. If I am incorrect in any way please correct me. Hope this helps you out Tyler_Durden.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

None of my business but it sounds like a completed game to me. I wondered when they said it was "suspended". I assumed there was a OHSAA or league rule that said all innings must be played...I think Tyler_Durden is correct on this one.

Ruban9
Waterboy

Post by Ruban9 »

The umpire told me that games that are rained out are completed but called from darkness games need finished...didn't make sense to me, but that is what he said.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

That umpire is FOS, and his name has already been mentioned by me in regards to this game in a letter.

I even said, "after 5 innings a game is over, right?" He responded, "Not in high school. The game has to be finished."

Rocky keeps clouding the issue by saying the TVC has an overriding rule. However, that makes no sense. The TVC is highly unorganized, which makes me believe no such rule exists. Also, even if the rule were in place, in no way could a TVC rule override a OHSAA rule. The same page of regulations has the 10 innings for a pitcher every 3 days rule. Can the TVC override that as well? I think not.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Federal Hocking 12
Miller 1

FH gave a lot of first-time starts tonight, and Soph. Lance Sharpe threw a no-hitter. Everyone either got some first-time starting experience, or a shot at a position they are not accustomed to playing.

FH is now 8-2 overall and 5-0 in the TVC Hocking.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Congrats to Lance Sharp.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre 4
Vinton Co 2

Belpre upped their record to 5-4 (3-2) in the TVC Ohio

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Good effort Eagles; some of the freshmen and sophomores are hitting around .500, you older guys need to take notice.
Go Eagles.

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

Thursday:

Wellston 11, Alexander 5... Alex scored 3 runs in the last inning off of a pitching change. The Rockets are now 5-2 (3-1).

student of THE ROCK
Waterboy

Post by student of THE ROCK »

Can't wait to see Lance's quote in the paper :-D Just kidding good job man!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Logan 6
Federal Hocking 2

Big step back for the Lancers this evening. The day started with the staff and team finding out that one of their best players would be unable to play for the weekend, and that his status for the Southern game on Monday would be up in the air. A very lifeless performance by FH tonight. They better pull together or they will drop two more tomorrow.

Federal Hocking moves to 8-3 overall and 5-0 in the TVC Hocking.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Federal Hocking 11
Maysville 1

Federal Hocking 4
Maysville 3

Better showing from FH today. They played with a lot more life and spirit. They are still without the key player, but there is hope that all will be worked out by Monday, as FH will travel to Racine for a big game. Southern will be like a wounded animal, desperate for a win. FH better be ready.

Federal Hocking moves to 10-3 overall, and 5-0 in the TVC Hocking.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Eastern split a DH with Belpre today not sure of the scores.

mward206
Waterboy

Post by mward206 »

VC split a DH with Waterford tonight. Dont remember the scores. VC won the first one by mercy rule in 5. Waterford won the second by 5.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Fed Hock - 7
Southern- 6

Great game to watch tonight if you were a fed hock fan... good luck to Fed Hock on the rest of their season...

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Remember_The_Name wrote:Fed Hock - 7
Southern- 6

Great game to watch tonight if you were a fed hock fan... good luck to Fed Hock on the rest of their season...

One of those games that would cause either team to think "what if" after a loss. Southern stranded a lot of baserunners, which could have blown the game open. FH, while not stranding as many as Southern, did still strand some, and also had to play the game without a couple of starters. A definite gutsy performance from FH's players, and some missed opportunities for Southern. As a fan of FH, I definitely feel like the Lancers dodged a bullet tonight.

Good luck to Southern the rest of the way. You guys have a tough team, and a few very good players. I told Coach Brunty and Hoffman that Riffle is the toughest "out" in the league for FH to get, and they both agreed. I hope he plays some college ball next season. :-D

Anyway, FH is now 11-3 overall and 6-0 in the TVC Hocking.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Orestes, I agree.

Good win for the Lancers. Tyler Thompson just didn't have his best stuff tonight. Cory McCune picked up the win and deserved it. Gutsy middle inning work by Gandee. Ryan Chapman pitched well but just ran out of gas.

Great game to watch. Some great defensive outfield play. Marnhout's throw from centerfield was textbook. Southern's leftfielder made a great diving catch with two out and the bases loaded. Grant Smith's diving catch in centerfield (and the double up ) turned out to be the difference in this tight game.

FH had some key hits in key situations, Southern stranded too many.

FH is hot right now and Southern will win several more games.

Congrats to both teams.

whsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by whsfan »

Wellston beat VC 1to0 while wellstons Jr slone cales pitched a no no for the the rockets

Return to “Baseball”