Offical Topic of 2008 Southern Baseball

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

lol ok ok... lol :lol: :lol: :lol: this is probably one of the most random things ive seen on a thread... lol but lets keep it about Southern Baseball instead of ppl tellin me to go eat myself... :lol: :lol: :lol:

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

what sup RTN

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

lol not much longball315... :lol:

Seen some boys lifting yesterday... everyone seems ready for the season to get underway...

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

I heard Southern opens the season at home vs. Ripley... i havent seen them play before and have no idea what they are like... so it should be interesting...

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

what is the date of the game

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

when do u guys start practicing

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

longball315 wrote:when do u guys start practicing

Im not 100% for sure but i think its around Feb. 18th or maybe the week after... You should come in and visit longball...

BUNYAN banner
Waterboy

Post by BUNYAN banner »

is Southern sopposed to be good I heard they lost alot of seniors and who will be on the mound for Southern this year?

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

ill try and make down rtn

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

BUNYAN banner wrote:is Southern sopposed to be good I heard they lost alot of seniors and who will be on the mound for Southern this year?

Well they lost Hunter, Johnson and Buck... those are the three major Seniors that had big roles in last seasons success... But this seasons team will have the same amount of talent as last seasons. The Senior class Southern has now is full of good leaders... Expectations are high but were gonna take it one game at a time...

There could be numerous ppl on the mound... not really gonna say who though ... :lol:

BUNYAN banner
Waterboy

Post by BUNYAN banner »

It sound like Southern will need some underclassmen to step up and fill the roles of the seniors that graduated. Its a big jump from JV to Varsity, I hope that they are willing to work a little.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

BUNYAN banner wrote:It sound like Southern will need some underclassmen to step up and fill the roles of the seniors that graduated. Its a big jump from JV to Varsity, I hope that they are willing to work a little.

Theres been some underclassman in the weight room since football season... and a lot of uperclassman as well....

BUNYAN banner
Waterboy

Post by BUNYAN banner »

Great to here. Crunch time now, they really need to hit it hard and take advantage of the warm weather to get their arms in shape. I think that a lot of kids think "oh I will take a few weeks off because practice is around the corner", but the ones that really love it will be inside working on their swings and really utilyzing this last little time space to make one last push.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

i agree BUNYAN Banner...

now is the time in the weight room where you really hit it hard for these last few weeks before practice... I know of a few guys that are gonna lift during season maybe twice a week, light weights and high reps, just to keep their strength constant through out the season...

longball315
Freshman Team

Re: Offical Topic of 2008 Southern Baseball

Post by longball315 »

so how is practice goin for u guys RTN

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

seems like talk is down this year, last year were were on something like 6 pages.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Just thought I would give you Southern guys some inside info. When Southern makes the trip to Stewart this year, look for Pat Tabler and Matt BRUNTY to be umpiring the game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

so what is the info, isnt that who umpires every year......J/J....I look for both meetings to be good.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Things are looking good. There are a lot of guys that are going to be huge contributers to this teams success this season... Everything is being taken seriouse, and things are being done right. Its time to focus on the season ahead and not be thinking about the past, last season was great for the tornadoes, but they know that thats long gone and they have to focus at the task at hand... this upcoming season... i look for these guys to be a major contender for the league and possibly another big tourney run... Keep up the good work, its going to pay off...
Last edited by Remember_The_Name on Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

so hows baseball rtn

Return to “Baseball”