TVC Scores and Standings

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Re: TVC Scores and Standings

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre handed Meigs their 1st TVC Ohio Division loss 5-2 Monday at Belpre Civitan Park. Ashton Packard pitched a great game and freshman Tyler Watkins hit the first of what will be many HR in an Eagles uniform. Belpre improved to 4-2 in the TVC Ohio with the victory. Great job Eagles

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Eagles20 wrote:Belpre handed Meigs their 1st TVC Ohio Division loss 5-2 Monday at Belpre Civitan Park. Ashton Packard pitched a great game and freshman Tyler Watkins hit the first of what will be many HR in an Eagles uniform. Belpre improved to 4-2 in the TVC Ohio with the victory. Great job Eagles

Looks like Belpre is pulling it together. I thought they looked like a championship caliber team, and a strong finish could get them in the mix. They need to all work hard together, clean up the defense, and cut down on the walks.

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

Belpre came ready to play last night. Definitely not the same team that meigs beat 13-1 earlier in the season. They played really well. The Marauders looked pretty flat last night. Not much happening at the plate, and a few fielding errors did not help the cause. Time to re-group Meigs and come back strong. There is still a lot of ball left to play...

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

Any results on the Waterford vs Eastern game?

hillbilly
Waterboy

Post by hillbilly »

Eastern won in 5 innings. not sure what the score was.

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

I believe the local newspaper had the score at 14-1.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Federal Hocking 6
Alexander 3

These two teams always play close games, and it happened again tonight. I thought FH looked a bit flat with this game being squeezed between Southern and Eastern, but Alexander battled and seem to have a good future in front of them.

FH moves to 12-3 overall and 6-0 in the TVC Hocking.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Eastern 8
River Valley 7

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

Meigs got back to business tonight, with an exciting come from behind win over a very good Marietta team. Final score Meigs 4 Marietta 3. Bryan Delong did an excellent job on the mound tonight for Meigs, pitching a complete game, with no walks. Not sure how many strike outs he had. Congrats Marauders...

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

Athens beat Nelsonville-York 10-0 in 5 innings in a non-league game at Athens tonight.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Southern- 6
Wahama- 5

It was a sophmore showcase for Southern tonight...

Sophmore Taylor Lemley changed momentum in the game with a 3Run HR early and Sophmore Jordan Taylor hit the game winning base hit in the bot. of the 7th... Mike manuel, another sophmore, finished the game on the mound and did really well... Just goes to show the young talent this team really has...

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I also believe that the catcher last night for Southern is a sophmore. Southern will be in good shape for the next few years. They will need some young guys to come out next year, because they only have 3 or 4 freshman this year.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Federal Hocking 4
Eastern 0

Complete games from both Tyler Thompson of FH and Titus Pierce of Eastern. Both are sophomores, so I would wager there will be a few more showdowns between these two.

Federal Hocking moves to 13-3 overall and 7-0 in the TVC Hocking. FH must win 2 of 3 against Miller, Waterford, and Trimble to win the TVC Hocking outright.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Congrats to Federal Hocking on the win tonite.

Now if only Eastern would show a little more discipline at the plate, IMO to many first pitch swings.

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

OH MY GOSH, SPORTS FANS. I witnessed nothing short of a miracle tonight. Wellston led Meigs the entire game, leading 5-0 after six and a half innings. Wellston played a tight defense all night long, keeping Meigs from scoring. As well as the Marauders hits being few. Then low and behold in the bottom of the 7th, Meigs started to show signs of life, as one by one the bases loaded up and Meigs began to score. With bases loaded, Brian Delong hit a rocket to right field and scored three runners. Everything is still a blur, but with two outs and the game tied 5-5 with a runner on third, JT Evans hit one right down the third base line, to score the runner, and MEIGS WON 6-5. I believe Meigs is still in first place in the TVC Ohio, with a record of 5-1.

"Oh mama, take me home and put me to bed, I've seen enough to know that I've seen too much." Awesome job Meigs. Way to hang in there and never give up no matter what...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Congratulations to the Lancer Men on another big win! Keep up the good work!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Southern picked up a win last night by defeating Trimble 13-6. Jordan Taylor picked up the win on the mound for the Tornadoes. Southern started the game slow but by the third inning they got things going a bit. Sloppy but a win is a win.

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

It was Meigs over Nelsonville-York by a score of 8-2. Meigs is now 6-1 in TVC Ohio play.

stillballin
Waterboy

Post by stillballin »

Wellston 21 - 3 over South Gallia tonight at Paint Stadium in Chillicothe. Matt Lockard and Zach Fisher both hit grand slam homeruns. Wellston ups their overall record to 9-3.

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

Meigs swept Athens today in a non-league double header, in The Plains. The first game was a pitcher's duel, with the Marauders edging the Bulldogs by a score of 3-2. Corey Hutton hit a home run in the top of the 7th to give Meigs the advantage. Bryan Delong pitched the first game for Meigs and did a great job. The second game was a slug fest, with Athens jumping out to a large lead early, something likt 8-1 by the second inning. Meigs battled back with an 11 run inning in the 3rd, I think. Corey Hutton hit another one out in the second game, and Bryan Delong hit 2 home runs in the second game as well. The final score for game two was 18-13. I think that gives Corey 4 home runs for the season thus far. If that is not right, someone can correct me. Ryan Jeffers came on to pitch the latter part of the second inning of game 2, and pitched the rest of the game for Meigs, earning his first win of the season. These wins put Meigs at 10 and 5 overall, and 6-1 in the TVC. Keep playing hard Meigs. Keep believing and NEVER give up...

Return to “Baseball”