OVC 2008

cgbaseballa839
Waterboy

OVC 2008

Post by cgbaseballa839 »

predictions on who will win the OVC in 08?

mcstephen10
Riding the Bench

Post by mcstephen10 »

kinda early don't ya think

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Fairland will win the OVC
Rock Hill will finish 2nd
Chesapeake and Coal Grove will battle for 3rd.
South Point could finish 4th or 5th.
River Valley will struggle, again.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Why you got the defending League Champs down so low???

cgbaseballa839
Waterboy

Post by cgbaseballa839 »

well i kinda agree but coal grove will have a strong returning team considering they only lost one senior and he was a non starter, also if they play like a team they could beat the best teams around hear cuz they did give south point their only loss this past year. i think fairland will be on top but i would put the grove and the peak over rock hill cuz they lost alot of talent as well! heres mine...

Fairland
Coal Grove
Chesepeak
Rock Hill
South Point
River Valley

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

cgbaseballa839 wrote:well i kinda agree but coal grove will have a strong returning team considering they only lost one senior and he was a non starter, also if they play like a team they could beat the best teams around hear cuz they did give south point their only loss this past year.

I heard CG is also getting David Bridges who left RH for Ironton and is now transfering from Ironton to CG... He's a good pitcher and pretty fair hitter too.

jbl
Waterboy

Post by jbl »

allsport wrote:
I heard CG is also getting David Bridges who left RH for Ironton and is now transfering from Ironton to CG... He's a good pitcher and pretty fair hitter too.

He is a good baseball player and I wish him well, but how many schools can you play at in one calendar year's time?!

Eligibility :?: His parents (still) live in the Rock Hill district. With his transfer to Ironton last spring, hasn't he used up his transfers with eligibility to play this school year?

MONEY
Riding the Bench

Post by MONEY »

I was told he enrolled as a self supporting 18 year old and has moved into the district alone.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

That is too funny. It is almost like he is going to a school that is going to give him the playing time that he thinks he deserves. I guess if this doesn't work out like he wants he could also try Fairland, Chessy or SP! Or even St. Joe they do give scholarships anyway!

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

osumufan wrote:That is too funny. It is almost like he is going to a school that is going to give him the playing time that he thinks he deserves. I guess if this doesn't work out like he wants he could also try Fairland, Chessy or SP! Or even St. Joe they do give scholarships anyway!

St. Joseph does not offer scholarships

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

They might not call it scholarships but I know of familes who go to St. Joe and can't afford it. Someone pays their tuition (I don't know if it is the school, church, or private citizens ) so in a way St. Joe does have scholarships for the kids in need. It is not based on athleticism because the kids I am talking about can't walk and chew gum! :-D Noththeless there are kids going to St. Joe that are not paying their own way.

SportsMom
Freshman Team

CG BASEBALL

Post by SportsMom »

Sparks is coming back for CG too!!!!! and he's only a sophmore!!!! CG should have a good shot at taking the ovc in Baseball this year if we get everyone to come back out!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE WISH SPARKS GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!! HE MADE THE USA BASEBALL TEAM AND IS GOING TO ITALY THIS COMING AUGUST!!!! HE WILL REPRESENTING THE LAWRENCE COUNTY AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'LL DO US PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cgbaseballa839
Waterboy

Post by cgbaseballa839 »

sparks is a good ball player all around. he will be a strong fielder and pitcher for coal grove but if u want to kno how good they really are... well that sparks boy isnt even gonna be in the top 5 hitters of the line up... im looking forward to coal grove giving fairland a run for their money this year

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Baseball

Post by SportsMom »

CG should give everyone a run for their money this year!!!!!!!!! They should have the pitching and the hitting to back it up this year!!!!!!!!!
GO GROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

cgbaseballa839
Waterboy

Post by cgbaseballa839 »

how good are all the other OVC schools gonna be this year??

sonny
Riding the Bench

Re: OVC 2008

Post by sonny »

South Point and Fairland should battle for this one with Coal Grove battling for second. Fairland should be deeper in pitching except they lost a good one with Hatfield not playing this year. Freshman Chad Fisher should step in and pick up the slack. They are returning 8 starters, and only one senior on the team. They probably have the two best hitters in the area with Thackston and Easterling.

cgbaseballa839
Waterboy

Post by cgbaseballa839 »

i agree with you on the part where u said they would be good but i think coal grove will give a better run than most ppl think cuz they got all the bats back and in my opinion the best starting pitching staff in the league with tyler allen, david bridges, zack murphy, alex johnson, and wayne sparks who all have started varsity pitching for 3 years

sonny
Riding the Bench

Post by sonny »

Without a doubt you guys from CG scare me I have watched you guys play. If you guys do take the OVC it wouldnt shock me. It will be fun to watch. Fairland should take it because of the bats more than the pitching. If SP cant find any pitching then CG should make a run with Fairland for the title. Fairland and CG are very comparable this year. I think CG is even younger than Fairland. Fairland has 8 returning starters and will have only one senior this year. Gonna be fun to watch!!!

cgbaseballa839
Waterboy

Post by cgbaseballa839 »

well coal grove has their best senior baseball class that they have had in years they are returning 8 starters plus 2 good bats and arms who didnt even play last year... on paper fairland has the better team its all gonna come down to who wants it more

sonny
Riding the Bench

Post by sonny »

These two teams will battle to the end with sp and chesapeake trying to steal wins. I think Fairland will prevail. These kids have been playing together since they were in little league. Burcham will be the top pitcher in the league. The batting lineup has strong hitters with Thackston,Easterling leading the way. Matasich,Jordan,Godby,Long are returning junior starters. If they can stay healthy look for them to make a strong run.

Return to “Baseball”