Burg Baseball 2008

BULDOG
All Conference

Re: Burg Baseball 2008

Post by BULDOG »

Burg completed their pre-season scrimmages on Saturday with a DH againt Clyde, OH (near sandusky). I think they are division 2 in baseball based on enrollment figures. Clyde was a pretty solid squad with good pitching and solid players. Hit the ball good as well. Pitching was comparable to Chillicothe. A little rusty fielding as this was their first outing outdoors.

Burg took both games although I am not sure of the scores. I would guess 1st game at 13-6 and 2nd game maybe 10-5. Several dingers hit on this chilly day as Burg hit 2 and Clyde 2. In the first game Burg jumped out to an early lead. Wamsley hit a solo shot in the 1st inning to LCF and Hopper added a 2-run shot to LCF in the 3rd I believe. Hitting is coming around as Burg hit the ball pretty well throughout the lineup in both games including some of the younger players. Solid play in the field as well.

In the 1st game Russell started on the mound and went 3 , Elliott 3 and Montavan 1. In Game #2, it was Wamsley going 3, Cook 2 and Hopper 2. Pretty decent pitching out of this group on such a cold day.

All in all a good showing on a cold day against a solid Clyde ball club. I would also like to wish them good luck this season.

Return to “Baseball”