Best fields in southeastern Ohio

webgem6
Waterboy

Post by webgem6 »

Got to give props to Warren High School for one of the top fields in Southeast Ohio for sure! Alexander's field is certainly a great set up as well.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Overall facility in Scioto county, I'd have to go with Minford. If you just go with baseball field, I'd pick Valley's.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Does Minfords have the big red wall? if so our legion team played there ver the summer, its a good field, looks really nice, but that wall is huge loland Red lol... when your standing in right field and you look down to left field the wall looks like its deeper in right than it is in center... but still a nice field

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

yeah it does

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

ok, its nice...

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

well since chillicothe gets to play at the VA, my vote would go to them.

i've umpired on that field many times and it is great. not to mention that you get a chance to play in a semi-pro stadium. plenty of seating and the concessions are great.

unioto has a very nice field as well.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Will chillicothe continue to play there? Or will they build their own now that the Building project is complete? Chillicothe doesn't get to play all of their games there don't they also play their games at Bolmer field?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Minford has the best field around these parts hands down.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

My vote to Minford as well. Neat setting and the big red monster.

Valley has a nice field along with Northwest but these are lacking something... I guess maybe just the atmosphere.

Minford seems to be more of a baseball setting I guess.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Minford's field hands down in southern Ohio, then above Piketon it has to be the VA Memorial field!!!

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

Lucasville Valley, (Coach Schuler keeps the field in top notch shape)
Minford, (That big red wall is AWESOME)
Northwest, (Great Playing surface)
Federal Hocking, (great work by the staff & players)
VA (That turf is SWEET especially for the batters)
Unioto (the view of that prison takes away from it but great field)
All beautiful fields with great playing surfaces!

As far as atmosphere, Athens hands down especially when the 4th of July & Legion State tournament rolls around! Tom Metters is the man! Gotta love the "North to Alaska & all the Johnny Cash!''

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

bengalfan76 wrote:Will chillicothe continue to play there? Or will they build their own now that the Building project is complete? Chillicothe doesn't get to play all of their games there don't they also play their games at Bolmer field?

the varsity plays all of their games out there(or at least as far a i know). the jv's and freshman play on blomer. all of the varsity games i have this year for them are out there.

and as far as i know chilli is not looking into building a new field at all. the old one was horrible and i doubt that they would give up the chance to play out at the VA.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Gotta go with Unioto, Athens, and Minford on this. All those coaches work hard to maintain those fields. Can't wait til season begins.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

redeagle - a correction to your post.

Great work by the players, and their parents!!! You were obviously confused.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Remember_The_Name
SEOP

I have to include that Parents, Players, Coache's and many people from the community helep contributed to the work thats been done to Southerns field... those who come to play on it this year will be surprised with the change...

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

redeagle wrote:Lucasville Valley, (Coach Schuler keeps the field in top notch shape)
Minford, (That big red wall is AWESOME)
Northwest, (Great Playing surface)
Federal Hocking, (great work by the staff & players)
VA (That turf is SWEET especially for the batters)
Unioto (the view of that prison takes away from it but great field)
All beautiful fields with great playing surfaces!

As far as atmosphere, Athens hands down especially when the 4th of July & Legion State tournament rolls around! Tom Metters is the man! Gotta love the "North to Alaska & all the Johnny Cash!''

The VA is nice and all but I would just assume play on grass and dirt. It was a great experiance to play there and all, but I just like playing on the real stuff...lol....

webgem6
Waterboy

Post by webgem6 »

Honestly I don't know exactly why Athens' field is getting recognized. Sure it might look good from a spectators' point of view but playing on it is whole different story. The infield play is terrible, plus that 250 ft. left field line is a pitcher's nightmare!

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

webgem6 wrote:Honestly I don't know exactly why Athens' field is getting recognized. Sure it might look good from a spectators' point of view but playing on it is whole different story. The infield play is terrible, plus that 250 ft. left field line is a pitcher's nightmare!

The infield is being redone and that short left field may be a pitcher's nightmare but sometimes it's a hitter's dream. LOL

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I think what sets Minford apart from Valley and Northwest is they actually have BATHROOMS. Nothing less exciting than going number 2 in a Scotty Potty. :shock:

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

if your lookin for something different, paints field in chillie, all turf is fun lol

Return to “Baseball”