Logan Baseball 2008

Logangrad
All State

Logan Baseball 2008

Post by Logangrad »

Can anyone give me details on the team this year? Schedule? I hope they do well.

chieflineman06
Freshman Team

Post by chieflineman06 »

Logan Grad,

Is Mulrooney still coaching the team or has that changed?

I have been away from the Logan football world awhile and even longer from this one.

Just Wondering.....

CL06

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Saw Mulrooney at the state clinic last weekend so I would assume he's still coaching. However I did hear that Coach (Ron) Janey is going to help him out this year.

chieflineman06
Freshman Team

Post by chieflineman06 »

Yeah, I have heard that Janey has been closely watching the program after leaving to put fulltime attention into the AD position.

Janey was a legend of the field, it was sad to watch him leave. I know, as most do, that he will not be back in a full-time manner, but just to have him as a "consultant" will be a bonus.

Going to be interesting to hear what will be happening out at Allen-Shaw Field this spring.

CL06

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Coach Janey is as old school as they come. He demands the best of his players and he wants you to work hard to be the best. Coach Mulrooney wants the same but honestly its a new age imo. Back in the day, kids would stay late for bp or to work extra and it seems kids now just want to practice just enough and play games and then go on myspace or hang out or do other things other than get better at baseball. Coach Mulrooney has had to deal with alot of nonsense that wouldnt even had been dreamed of 8 or 9 years ago. Baseball was all we ever wanted to do. At home in a yard, during the summer for rec leagues and traveling teams, and in the spring for Logan. Thats all we knew. No internet, myspace, icq, cell phones, all that stuff now. So Mulrooney has more distractions and crap to deal with and it can get tough imo. I hope Logan can bring it back to what it was.

chieflineman06
Freshman Team

Post by chieflineman06 »

I agree entirely LoganGrad.

When I played a couple of year's ago, it was kind of ridiculous. There were some of us that wanted the extra practice, but then there were the one's that just showed up when, or should I say later, they were supposed too and left right on time or sooner if they could.

Of course there are the off the field troubles other than myspace, facebook, etc. I can't think of how many kids came to practice late due to in school suspension, detentions, or having to go to court.

Coach Mulrooney does do a great job of getting to the kids, but at the same time I think he gets too close. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but he needs to be a little stricter.

I just wish I could go back and play, god I miss those year's. To be back out on the diamond would be a god send, but oh well, I guess life moves on or as the Soaps say it.................."As the World Turns".

CL06

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

lg: remember the pizza crossing and davie-henderson all-star teams we had back in grade school. do they even have those anymore?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

101; Not many if at all. I tried to start a team a few summers ago and there is just not much interest as there used to be. Its tough to find a kid these days that just wants to play baseball in the summer.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

LoganGrad....you're right, it's rare to find a kid that wants to play baseball (or is allowed to). There are too many push and pull factors for these kids today. Yes there are the factors such as the internet, cell phones, girls, video games and so on. But there are also overbearing football and basketball coaches that DEMAND these kids summers be dedicated to their sport. It's just ridiculous what we expect these kids to do these days.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Just so nobody gets the wrong idea, my above comments were not directed toward the Logan football and basketball coaches. I was talking about high school kids/athletes in general throughout all of Ohio and probably the country being pressured by coaches of other sports.

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

hes right about the myspace icq etc stuff.
But not only logan baseball players have icq and myspace.
Everyone in high school has that now.
So every single coach in the nation has to deal with that now.
Coach Mul Knows the game of baseball veeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyy welll.
but i think that he doesnt commute it to his players well.
and i also think that he needs to disciplin his players more.
He has a great group to work with this year.
Wahl,angles,bapst,scott,pointdexter,hardin,kissling.
Thats a decent group, and i think they should do well this season.
I herd from a player today that he has changed his entire game plan from last year.....(they had a players meeting today) ..idk what thats supossed to mean tho...
its supossed to be a senior dominated team...
But i wish them the best of luck

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

I think that this years team could compete for league...they have like wut D1 said a senior dominated team....and have players moving up like kyle abram and coton brooks and jaush huntsberger who got playing time on varsity last year contribute in different ways

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Someone needs to tell Lucas Wright to get off the track and get back on the diamond! :shock:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

No No No No :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
5kdude
Varsity

Re:

Post by 5kdude »

noreply66 wrote:No No No No :lol:

are you guys crazy he is going to be on the track this year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan Baseball 2008

Post by noreply66 »

Hope so

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

I agree with Logan Grad and ole LUKEY needs to get back on the Diamond and be one of the senior leaders.Cause if he don't he will regret it later---I know first hand cause I did the same thing and wish I'd played my senior year at Amanda ---not to toot own horn but broke RBI record there my junior year and have regretted it ever since---and with Ron helping out this year they've had the Talent :lol: now its time to put it altogether and get the kids out ;-) been watching this group since little league and there's NO REASON --for them not to compete for the chapionship--Not buying that they don't work hard :shock: know these boys and are GREAT GROUP--Just need to play as a TEAM and be asurd Ron will see to that 1---Good Luck Guys and Lukey --JUST CHECKIN---- :lol: :shock: :!:

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Moreply66 or Logan grad...

Can one of you get in contact with Craig Dunn of the LDN and see if he has master schedules for the 2008 SEOAL baseball and softball campaigns? I tried to e-mail him, but for some reason, my computer won't connect. By the way, Craig did a great job last week on his tribute to Odie O'Donnell.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Jottings; I think Logan uses highschoolsports.net. I will email him but the schedule should be on there

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

BASEBALL

Coach: John Mulrooney

(All games 5 p.m.

unless otherwise noted)

Mon., March 31: at Marietta*, 4:30 p.m.

Wed., April 2: Athens*, 4:30 p.m.

Thu., April 3: Fairfield Union, 4:30 p.m.

Fri., April 4: Warren*, 4:30 p.m.

Sat., April 5: Lancaster (DH), noon

Tue., April 8: Jackson

Wed., April 9: at Zanesville*

Fri., April 11: Marietta*

Sat., April 12: at Alexander (DH), 11 a.m.

Mon., April 14: at Athens*

Tue., April 15: at Nelsonville-York

Wed., April 16: at Warren*

Fri., April 18: at Federal Hocking

Sat., April 19: Chillicothe (DH), noon

Mon., April 21: Zanesville*

Tue., April 22: at Sheridan

Wed., April 23: at Marietta*

Fri., April 25: Athens*

Mon., April 28: Warren*

Tue., April 29: New Lexington

Fri., May 2: at Zanesville*

Sat., May 3: Amanda/Adena (DH), 11 a.m.

Tue., May 6: Nelsonville-York

Wed., May 7: SEOAL Day of Champions

*-SEOAL North Division games

All home games played at Mingo Park (Allen Field)

Per the LDN

Return to “Baseball”