Minford 2008

Incognito
Varsity

Re: Minford 2008

Post by Incognito »

The Falcons looked a little rusty the first two innings. THen they picked it up. Starting SS jared Farmer was ill and couldnt play. Oesch , Cook and Johnson threw for the Falcons. Cook and Johnson were dominate Oesch struggled a bit. The Falcons look to have speed throughout the lineup. Gaines, Oesch, Matheny, Cook and RF Zach Gahm can all fly. DOnt know the final score it was a good game for the two teams. Good Luck Ironmen in your season. GO FALCONS!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Well, at least it was only a scrimmage game. I talked to one of Minfords players today and he said that they lost all 4 scrimmage games last year! And look where they ended up...The districts. So, it was tough for them to lose last night but, it could be worse. I believe the final was 10-9 ??? Not 100% on that but it is around there somewhere. GO FALCONS !

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

That is what scrimmage games are all about....working the rust out and getting ready for the regular season games.

I agree that Coach Martin has done one heck of a job on the field and the baseball complex overall. I am still amazed how he gets the athletic department to spend the money.

When I played for Minford in the early and mid 90's, the field was nice but in no way what it is today. If it wasnt money spent back then for football or basketball, it just wasnt spent plain and simple.

Coach Martin has done amazing things for this program, specifically and more importantly for the kids involved in this program. He is a top notch fundamentals coach and more importantly he has a strict philosophy that is enforced and nobody regardless of who their parents are follows a different set of rules. That is why he is undoubtably one of the most respected individuals in southern Ohio baseball. He had an immediate impact on my senior class on and off the baseball field, which was his first year as an assistant at Minford.

He indeed deserves a big pat on the back. Too bad every school isnt priviledged enough to have a coach like Tim Martin.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Bleeding Red wrote:I agree that Coach Martin has done one heck of a job on the field and the baseball complex overall. I am still amazed how he gets the athletic department to spend the money.

The majority of what gets accomplished on the field is through donations and hard, physical labor. A lot of people have contributed to that facility and it is due to the leadership of Martin. He loves the kids, baseball, and that field.

I think overall, they did good for a first scrimmage, ONCE they woke up and started playing. There were some nice hits last night and any rust that is there will wear off quick as more scrimmages are played and the season gets started. As we all know, pitching can still be a little tough this time of year since some, unfortunately, played basketball. Trust me, these kids are athletes and will be a fine tuned machine by opening day. Top to bottom, this is a solid team with a lot of depth.

Big Red
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Red »

who is minfords jv coach!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Big Red wrote:who is minfords jv coach!
I don't know for sure, but I heard it was some old has been named Childers! :-) Seriously, I think it is him (Chilli) and Aaron Fenton.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Hopefully they can get things squared away before the trip tennessee and can show how good they are on the trip. I would say Coach Martin already has things fixed though.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Talked with a player the other day. He said Coach Martin got rid of the rust the old fashion way. Practice in the gym with those 3 magical words players hate to hear.
"On the line!"

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Mighty Minford Falcons take on the Portsmouth Trojans tonight at Branch Rickey Park. Yes, it is only a scrimmage game but, I hope to see a decent crowd come out and support the boys. Good luck to the Falcons tonight.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

:roll: Sorry, but running in a gym, doesn't get rid of rust on the field.

Minford should have a very good season this year though.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

danicalifornia wrote::roll: Sorry, but running in a gym, doesn't get rid of rust on the field.

Minford should have a very good season this year though.

I don't think you should judge Coach Martins techniques to get his players ready to play. I think he knows what he is doing...lol

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

agreed

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Not sure if the game is still on but, if so, the Mighty Minford Falcons will travel up to Gallia Academy tonight for their 3rd scrimmage game. I look for Minford to continue to improve in these last two scrimmages before taking on the Zane Trace Pioneers. Good luck to the Falcons and have a safe trip.

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

game cancelled. I also look for improvement , but I think some attitudes need to change. :122246

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

little doggy wrote:game cancelled. I also look for improvement , but I think some attitudes need to change. :122246

Thanks for the update. I don't think that there is anything wrong with the attitudes. I've talked to several of these boys on the team and they are excited for the season. They look to be THE best team from around here. I mean, there isn't really any reason to panic because they have lost the first two scrimmage games. Not only are they just scrimmage games but, last year Minford lost all 4 of their scrimmages and then went on to have a stellar season. I think that the attitudes are fine and everyone is on the same page. We will find out soon though....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I was at the Portsmouth Minford scrimmage......Minford will do very well, they have a great team

Big Red
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Red »

back to the jv coach! I thought childers was the girls soccer coach.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

biggdowgg wrote:I was at the Portsmouth Minford scrimmage......Minford will do very well, they have a great team

Position by position, they have the ability to be the top team in SOC II and can make a serious run at the Regionals and State. Mental preparedness and toughness will be the key...that and staying focused.

Return to “Baseball”