Best TVC Players in the last 5 Years

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Best TVC Players in the last 5 Years

Post by grizzlyman »

Well we got opinions on the SEOAL's best for the past five years. Let's hear some opinions on the TVC - Both Divisions

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Hale, Grimm, Barnhart

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Tyler Chadwell--Fed Hock

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Pat Johnson from Southern would have to go somewhere in a list for the past five years.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

The two people previously mentioned would have to be at the top of the list for the top pitchers in the past 5 years. Pat was a 4 year starter on the varsity at southern and im sure chadwell was also...

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

I'm not sure either Johnson or Chadwell were as good as the Smith boy from Eastern, Hale or Grimm. But they are w/o a doubt top 10 pitchers in the TVC over the last 5 years. Jordan Doup, Matt Christman, & Anthony Dixon were also good pitchers.

VC had some good talent over the past years also, Greg Powell, Matt Brozak (sp), Josh Ousley (sp).

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

grizzlyman wrote:I'm not sure either Johnson or Chadwell were as good as the Smith boy from Eastern, Hale or Grimm. But they are w/o a doubt top 10 pitchers in the TVC over the last 5 years. Jordan Doup, Matt Christman, & Anthony Dixon were also good pitchers.

VC had some good talent over the past years also, Greg Powell, Matt Brozak (sp), Josh Ousley (sp).

Well, as far as numbers and high school results go, I think Chadwell, Grimm, and Barnhart were as good as it gets.

Keep in mind that no one saw what Chadwell had on the mound his senior year, and up to that point, he had improved greatly between each season.

His JR year he went 11-2. His regular season loss was a 3-2 loss to Warren, where he gave up 1 earned run. Warren was a regional team that year I believe, and it was as an offensive team. He also lost a multiple error/unearned run 3-2 game to Belpre in the tournament. That year he beat Gallia (Haislop and King) 3-2, where he gave up 1 earned run. He also shut out Southern twice, and gave up a total of 3 or 4 hits in the two games combined. Rocky gave him the nod against the best teams.

That same year Barnhart went either 10 or 11 and 0. He just had a bit higher ERA than Chadwell. Chadwell's was .052 or something along those lines. Barnhart's was just over 1.00. Barnhart got Eastern both times, Alexander, and Marietta.

Tyler Chadwell was the best all-around player over that time period IMO.

Some others since 2003:

Brad Grimm (FH)
Brandon Barnhart (FH)
Joel Gandee (FH)
Nick Springer (FH)
Clint Sears (FH)
Ryan McCune (FH)
Jordan Thornhill (Belpre)
Jake Hale (Alexander)

Probably forgetting some...

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I'll throw in a couple of Meigs guys from the early 2000's: Buzzy Fackler & Jimmy Smith. I believe they both graduated in '03.

nemo
Waterboy

Post by nemo »

FrozenRope9 wrote:I'll throw in a couple of Meigs guys from the early 2000's: Buzzy Fackler & Jimmy Smith. I believe they both graduated in '03.

I agree both of them were good players. I would also include David Poole (TVC MVP Offense Last year) and Jeremy Blackston (TVC MVP Offense his senior year and currently starting Shortsop for Shawnee).

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

How many of the players mentioned are playing college ball and how are the doing? I see Springer from FH went to Marietta last year but never got an at bat for the big club. Chadwell is going to Ohio this year so hasn't played yet any of the others from Federal play college or any other players mentioned playing now or in the past for any College team?

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

Mike Davis from Meigs had a pretty good arm.

Anyone know who the past TVC - MVP's both Offensive & Defensive have been? I think the Durst kid from Feeney-Bennett(did he go to Eastern or Southern?) was, as well as Chadwell both offensive(?).

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Durst went to Eastern.... and Chadwell got the Offensive MVP i think the last two seasons... Johnson got Defensive MVP last season... What about Corey Bean From Alexander, catcher, hes playin college ball, he has a good arm and a good bat, he play for Athens Post 21 this past season...

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I think 2004 was the first year the league split up the MVP into both offensive and defensive awards. However, FH has had someone win the award every year since 2000, and in 1999 Keith Carroll had a 12-1 pitching record (pitched every big game), and a .475 BA for the league champion Lancers. He, though, did not get MVP. It was amazing.

Anyway, FH has won The award or one of the awards in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. That's a pretty good streak.

TVC Hocking MVP since 2003 for FH:

2003: Clint Sears
2004: Brad Grimm
2005: Nick Springer
2006: Tyler Chadwell and Brandon Barnhart
2007: Tyler Chadwell

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

I think Eastern's 2nd baseman or SS (anyone have a name?) won the offensive in 2004 (seems to me they had a pretty good hitter back then but it may have been the Springer kid from FH) & I think Smith won it in 2005 for defense.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

grizzlyman wrote:I think Eastern's 2nd baseman or SS (anyone have a name?) won the offensive in 2004 (seems to me they had a pretty good hitter back then but it may have been the Springer kid from FH) & I think Smith won it in 2005 for defense.

There was a Smith kid that played for them and dont forget Ken Amsberry... I thought he won the offensive MVP one season...???

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

Jake Hale,Grimm,Barney,Chadwell...

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Eric Smith (Eastern 1999 or 2000) would easily be in the top 5 pitchers in the TVC in the past 10 years.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Cory Bean is on the team at Mount Vernon. Ryan Thomas is at Rio Grande and Tyler Chadwell is at Ohio University.

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

Pat Johnson also goes to Rio Grande

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Jake Hale and Brad Grimm were as goos as it gets as far as pitching. Jake had all the tools and Brad just had the toughness. I loved playing with both of them. Chadwell was a great player as well, he's probably the best all around player the past few years. Cory Bean was a great catcher. Worked very very hard and I think it's gonna pay off for him at MV.

Return to “Baseball”