Any Schools NOT allowed to use baseballs in their gym???

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: Any Schools NOT allowed to use baseballs in their gym???

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I know Minford's baseball team doesn't use real baseballs in their gym. That would be nuts if they did though.

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

yea the players gotta practice some where

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

biggdowgg wrote:well, dont let the basketball team practice on your baseball fields then :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As a player I hated practicing in the gym with real baseball. Dangerous.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

If practices are organized than it is not any more dangerous that using synthetic/rubber baseballs. I believe that you need to use real baseballs in throwing drills, infield, pitchers, catchers especially. Why??? The weight of the real baseball. When you get outside and start playing the feel of the real baseball is different-ARM INJURIES!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't say use the real baseballs for everything-but pitching and catching???? YES, YES,YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My taxpaying $$$$$ pay for all kids to use that gym. Baseball and softball players need that area to practice!!!!!!!!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Rubber baseballs can do as much damage to a floor or block as a regular baseball.

It has nothing to do with a sport being a revenue producer or not.

Your tax dollars are paying for all kids to use the gym under the rules set forth by those who maintain the gym. When the gym was built it was built to house P.E. classes, basketball ball (that is why the hoops are at each end of the gym), volleyball and any other sports (or activities) that can get their workouts in without damaging the facilities.

Return to “Baseball”