Wheelersburg vs West 4/9/08

BULDOG
All Conference

Wheelersburg vs West 4/9/08

Post by BULDOG »

Wheelersburg 5-0 (2-0) travels to Portsmouth West to face the Senators today at 5pm.

Look for Wamsley to take the hill for the Pirates. The Senators will most likely send Bricker to the mound unless he pitched against Waverly last night. If so this could turn into a low scoring contest with 2 of the top pitchers in the area squaring off.

Hopefully the Burg bats from yesterday carry over this afternoon and they chalk up another conference victory.

West is coming off a solid game yesterday falling to Waverly 1-0.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg vs West 4/9/08

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Anyone know the final on this one?

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Wheelersburg wins 12-0

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

WOW!!!

Sounds like they really starting to get it going now.

Congrats on the big win Pirates!!!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Great win for the Pirates to extend their record to 6-0 (3-0) against one of the top pitchers in the county, Bricker. Game was close throughout until about the 5th inning. Wamsley was a machine on the mound for Burg. 0 runs on 2 hits and 13 K's I believe. Bricker gave up maybe 5 runs on 4 hits and 9ks with maybe 5 walks.

No homers in this game although Hopper took Bricker to the wall twice. Once to deep RF on a sac-fly and once to dead CF. Burg took the lead 1-0 in the 1st after a walk to Wamsley was followed by an RBI double into LCF gap by Hopper scoring Wamsley from 1st. Burg would extend the lead to 2-0 on I think Wes Lyons RBI single to CF. Game remained at 2-0 I believe until the 4th when Bricker walked 3 or 4 in the inning and the lead extended to 5-0. Spencer Hall had a solid night in the DH spot with two solid hits as well. Bricker left the game to start the 6th and Burg had several hits in the remaining 2 frames to increase the lead to 12 by the end of the 7th.

Not sure but I don't think West had a base runner past 2nd base. Wamsley walked a batter in the 4th and gave up a soft liner into RF to allow runners at 1st and 2nd with 1 out. But I believe he would stikeout the sides to end the inning.

Off today and onto Valley to face the Indians on Friday (weather permitting).

free safety
Riding the Bench

Post by free safety »

That was a good win over a much better West team then I thought they would be. Bricker will be one of the top pitchers we will face all year. Did anybody notice at the top of 7th West (SS) Journey trying to hit the players that was on the outside of the dugout. I always notice he is the one that stirs everything-up, he also didn't shake hands with his teamates after the game he went out on the fence and stood like a baby.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

free safety wrote:That was a good win over a much better West team then I thought they would be. Bricker will be one of the top pitchers we will face all year. Did anybody notice at the top of 7th West (SS) Journey trying to hit the players that was on the outside of the dugout. I always notice he is the one that stirs everything-up, he also didn't shake hands with his teamates after the game he went out on the fence and stood like a baby.

Yes, West is improved over last season and with Bricker on the mound they can keep games close. They just do not have much offensive fire power against good pitching. Bricker is equivalent to Farmer exept a lefty. I heard rumor at the game that Bricker was clocked at 82 topping out at 84. Seemed about right to me.

I also noticed early in the game Burg had runners at the corners with 1 out and both West fielders were holding the runners at 3rd and 1st. Obvious bunt situation and no one from the West coaching staff adjusted to cover the bunt over several pitches. Fortunuately for them Burg did not get the bunt down or everyone had a good chance at being safe.

The type of player attitude mentioned above destroys programs. IMO there is only one way to deal with it... Take a seat on the bench or the hit the highway. I don't care how good they think they are.

Return to “Baseball”