Valley @ Minford 4/7/08

red ninja
Waterboy

Valley @ Minford 4/7/08

Post by red ninja »

Should be a classic matchup tonight at minford. Schueler and Martin will both have their teams ready for this game. This one will be fun to watch.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Valley @ Minford 4/7/08

Post by Bleeding Red »

What time does it start?

oldschooler
Waterboy

Post by oldschooler »

Good luck to both teams, this is goona be a good one, wish I could be there to see it, Martin and Schuler will have their game on!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Bleeding Red wrote:What time does it start?

The game starts at 5 PM. Great day for baseball.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

well boys, it's that time of the year again. a rivalry that has consistently been well-worth watching. Even after the first meeting last year, when the falcons spanked the indians, the next year would turn into a classic thriller. The Falcons & Indians are consistently good and seem to bring their "A game" to the field. I feel sorry for anyone who can't catch this one(no offense to probably other great games this evening) but this should be another great one.

I'm going to take the falcons, because, I know about them and what they have to offer. However, i know Schuler will have his boys ready to play, like always. I Believe the core seniors for the falcons will be tough to tame this year along with underclassmen such as Aaron Oesch, Michael Martin, and Justin Aeh. the falcons seem to have every position matched perfectly will capable subs on the bench. they have not yet "put the dagger in the coffin" in any game thus far. I would like to see them start strong and finish stronger.

I'll take the falcons in a clase one 7-4...

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

Should be a great game to watch. Both Martin and Schuler are great coaches and are sure to have their team ready to play. I believe Farmer is on the hill tonight so it will be tough for Valley to beat the Falcons if Minford's offense can put up some runs early in the game. The Falcons have had some trouble 'knocking out' other teams late in the game. If the Falcons let the Indians hang within a few runs Valley could easily beat them.

The Falcons have 10 or so upperclassmen, 6 of which are seniors. With that kind of experience, its hard to go against the Falcons. I'm going to take Minford in this SOC match-up with a final score of 12-3

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Hopefully they Falcons can take care of buisness tonight. I don't see alot of probems with this game. I would say that Minford will take this one rather easily. Hope that "The Torch" Johnson continues his nasty hitting spree. He has been seeing the ball well and really knocking the ball all over the place. Not to mention the fact in the first game of the double header the other night against Peebles "Torch" took the mound and pitched an amazing game. He fanned down 12 batters in 5 innings. His fastball and Lord Charles were nasty. Let's hope the "The Torch" stays red hot. Good luck to Farmer on the mound tonight against the Indians. I see this being a easy win for the Mighty Minford Falcons.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

The Falcons brought the bats out tonight final score 19-1. Farmer pitched a near un hittable game. When Valley did connect Minfords defense snuffed em out. Good Luck Falcons in your next game.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Behind an excellent pitching performance by Jared Farmer, the Falcons put a hurtin' on the Indians tonight. A very well played game by all members of the Falcons. Some stand out performances were Robbie "Jungle Cat" Matheny, Jared Farmer, and Jeremiah "The Torch" Johnson. "The Torch" hit a shot to dead center tonight that I thought was gone for sure. But, it instead hit off the wall. Needless to say, it was still a very good hit and it seemed to give the Falcons alot of energy and was a turning point in the game. Great pitching performance by Farmer and the Falcons are now starting to look like the team everyone thought they would be. Still, there is a little work left to do but, this team is going to be tough to beat from here on out. Final score was 19-1 by the way. Keep up the good work Falcons !!!!!!

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

great game for the falcons... but i would have thought valley might do a little better....the falcons are starting to click and rightfully so....its gonna be tough playing them from here on out.. can't wait for the wheelersburg game!!!

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote:great game for the falcons... but i would have thought valley might do a little better....the falcons are starting to click and rightfully so....its gonna be tough playing them from here on out.. can't wait for the wheelersburg game!!!

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Indeed. The Minford - burg game will be a tremendous battle of two Titans in the SOC. The Falcons still have some games left before they have to play wheelersburg so they need to take care of buisness before the classic matchup. As of right now though, the Falcons seem to be a "well oiled machine".

oldschooler
Waterboy

Post by oldschooler »

I am surprised that this was not a better game than what is being reported. Can't wait to see Minford when I get up north, sounds like they are starting the season out to do some big things this spring, Great Job Falcons keep up the good work!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

What is Minford's record? I know that they lost the opener to Zane Trace 6-5. Is that their only loss?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Bozo wrote:What is Minford's record? I know that they lost the opener to Zane Trace 6-5. Is that their only loss?

The Mighty Minford Falcons are 5-1 and 2-0 in SOC II play.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Too bad I missed the game last night.....sure looks like the boys are starting to drive the ball at the plate.

I remember last year Minford put it all over Schuler and company in the regular season. Schuler turned his team into a different ballclub and Minford had to fight out a tough win in tournament play. I am sure the Valley coach will get his team in shape in the upcoming weeks and have his boys tuned in before tournament time.

Good job Minford. Stay focused and take em one game at a time. Keep throwin strikes and keep the bats blazin.

Return to “Baseball”