Eastern @ Minford Saturday Doubleheader @ 5:00

TrojanXplosion
S

Eastern @ Minford Saturday Doubleheader @ 5:00

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I know that the Falcons still have to get past Waverly but, this game is coming soon. Now, I don't know much about Eastern but I know that Minford beat them pretty good last year. I am going to go out on a limb and say that the Falcons will take care of buisness in the doubleheader. Hopefully the Minford fans come out and support the Falcons. One thing is for sure, I will be there. GO FALCONS!!!!

Fonzie
S

Re: Eastern @ Minford Saturday Doubleheader @ 5:00

Post by Fonzie »

What Eastern are we talking about?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Maximus wrote:What Eastern are we talking about?

The Eastern Eagles

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Reedsville or Pike.........both are THE EASTERN EAGLES!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Maximus wrote:Reedsville or Pike.........both are THE EASTERN EAGLES!!

The schedule simply says Eastern. I think that it is Eastern Pike. Anyway, gameday has finally arrived and I look for the Falcons to continue the winning ways. Good luck and Go Falcons!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Falcons should finish the both games with a win. I'll even go out on a limb and say by mercy rule.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Minford won the first game 5-3. The Falcons came out of the game and didn't seem interested in the baseball game at all. I was really concerned after the first ball game. But, Coach Martin must have fired them up because I had to leave early in the second game but, after 1 inning, the Mighty Minford Falcons were up 15-1. So I would go out on a limb and say they finished that game off with a win. Hopefully Minford can pick up a win against West Monday and then get ready for the big showdown with wheelersburg.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Does anyone know the results of the second game ????

red ninja
Waterboy

Post by red ninja »

Eastern had some major troubles in the field during the second game. Minford got up 23-1 and the Eastern coach decided to forfeit after the fourth inning. The Falcons were not running up the score, Eastern just simply couldn't field the ball and minford was hitting lights out. Runners went base to base and were held at first when they could have easily had doubles or triples. Very nice sportsmanship.

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

Good to see the Falcons recooperate nicely from the first game. I couldn't make it out to this weekends showdown so I can't wait for this weeks games!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Not real sure here, but why would a coach "forfeit" in the 4th inning?

Being down that many runs, they only had to play one more inning and it would have went down in the books as a mercy rule.

I dont think that is a good thing to show your kids as a coach....."lets just quit".

I am sure that most schools would have a discussion with their coach about not finishing the game.

Just my opinion.

ABB
Waterboy

Post by ABB »

Who is Beaver Eastern's head coach?

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

Bleeding Red wrote:Not real sure here, but why would a coach "forfeit" in the 4th inning?

Being down that many runs, they only had to play one more inning and it would have went down in the books as a mercy rule.

I dont think that is a good thing to show your kids as a coach....."lets just quit".

I am sure that most schools would have a discussion with their coach about not finishing the game.

Just my opinion.

I heard their catcher broke his ankle or something and had to stick around because there were no other adults to go with the kid in the ambulance. That is just what I HEARD though.. doesn't make sense to me

Return to “Baseball”