WHEELERSBURG @ MINFORD 4/16/08

TrojanXplosion
S

WHEELERSBURG @ MINFORD 4/16/08

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Huge SOC II showdown in Minford coming up. This one looks like it should be a dandy. Many people may think the Pirates will win this one but, I think that Minford will make a statement and come out with a victory. A HUGE crowd is expected for Minford and I think that the Falcons will feed off of the fans energy. I personally can't wait until these two square off. LETS GO FALCONS !!!!!!

rxburgfan
All State

Re: WHEELERSBURG @ MINFORD 4/16/08

Post by rxburgfan »

pitching will be key for minford. burgs hits 1-9 and with authority. should be a good one to watch.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

RxBurgFan wrote:pitching will be key for minford. burgs hits 1-9 and with authority. should be a good one to watch.

Indeed it will. When people look back in history they will remember three things. The invention of the wheel. The creation of the submarine. And, the night that the Falcons dethrowned the "evil empire".

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

I do love you FalconFan.

As the great hymn says...onward Falcon soldiers!

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

win or lose, this is measuring stick for the falcons and i guess to some a degree a measuring stick for the pirates. many of us have argued who is better and who will win but when it comes down to it on wednesday only one will be able to come away with the W and in the end that's what it all ends up being about..

GO FALCONS

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Big matchup at Minford. Shoud be a dandy.

Not sure how much pitching Farmer against West will hurt Minford in this one, but you must play for the day and win the league games, then worry about tomorrow. Sounds like the West game was a close one and Farmer was needed in this game. Bricker is one of the best pitchers the Falcons will face with another tomorrow in Russell of the Burg. I'm guessing that Minford will now send Cook to the hill against the Pirates.

I believe the pitching advantage will have to go with the Pirates as Russell has been solid, does not give up many runs and has been going 5 now pretty easily. I also believe the offense advantage will have to tip in the Pirates favor as they are solid 1-9 and can hit the baseball well.

My prediction is that Cook will keep the Pirates hitters in check through the 1st 2 frames but not much more. The second time through the lineup will prove to be key for him. If he makes it through without too much damage we are probably looking at a 1-2 run difference in the ball game.

I say Russell puts up 0's through the 1st 4 innings and Burg hitters come around by the 3rd and begin to plate runs. My prediction: Burg 7 Minford 3

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

BULDOG wrote:Big matchup at Minford. Shoud be a dandy.

Not sure how much pitching Farmer against West will hurt Minford in this one, but you must play for the day and win the league games, then worry about tomorrow. Sounds like the West game was a close one and Farmer was needed in this game. Bricker is one of the best pitchers the Falcons will face with another tomorrow in Russell of the Burg. I'm guessing that Minford will now send Cook to the hill against the Pirates.

I believe the pitching advantage will have to go with the Pirates as Russell has been solid, does not give up many runs and has been going 5 now pretty easily. I also believe the offense advantage will have to tip in the Pirates favor as they are solid 1-9 and can hit the baseball well.

My prediction is that Cook will keep the Pirates hitters in check through the 1st 2 frames but not much more. The second time through the lineup will prove to be key for him. If he makes it through without too much damage we are probably looking at a 1-2 run difference in the ball game.

I say Russell puts up 0's through the 1st 4 innings and Burg hitters come around by the 3rd and begin to plate runs. My prediction: Burg 7 Minford 3

Sean Cook will be pitching tomorrow night against the Pirates. From my understanding, they went ahead and pitched Farmer against West because he has not had a good record against the Burg. Maybe with Cook being a lefty and throwing a little slower than most pitchers he will be able to throw Burg off balance.

Also, tomorrow before the game there will be a tailgate party.. burgers, dogs, steaks, maybe some 'cabobs' (doubt it), so get there early and support the Falcons!!

ONE MORE THING!! IF YOUR READING THIS!! Tomorrow would be a great night for some of those famous "Chili and Jerry Pulled BBQ Sandwiches" :!: :!: :!: :!:

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

thenino wrote:
BULDOG wrote:Big matchup at Minford. Shoud be a dandy.

Sean Cook will be pitching tomorrow night against the Pirates. From my understanding, they went ahead and pitched Farmer against West because he has not had a good record against the Burg. Maybe with Cook being a lefty and throwing a little slower than most pitchers he will be able to throw Burg off balance.

Also, tomorrow before the game there will be a tailgate party.. burgers, dogs, steaks, maybe some 'cabobs' (doubt it), so get there early and support the Falcons!!

ONE MORE THING!! IF YOUR READING THIS!! Tomorrow would be a great night for some of those famous "Chili and Jerry Pulled BBQ Sandwiches" :!: :!: :!: :!:

Sounds like a "finger-lickin'" good time.

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

without farmer pitching Minford will have to hope that the pirates bats are abnormally quiet, which probably wont happen, or that the hits find gloves. Burg is the favorite, but I agree that it is nice to see a test for both teams and wish both tteams the best.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

backdoor54 wrote:without farmer pitching Minford will have to hope that the pirates bats are abnormally quiet, which probably wont happen, or that the hits find gloves. Burg is the favorite, but I agree that it is nice to see a test for both teams and wish both tteams the best.

I agree that Farmer is a good pitcher, but as history has told, Farmer has not faired well against the pirates. Cook brings some things to the table that Farmer doesn't. Cook is a lefty, and has much better ball control than Farmer. I think that Cook will do very well against the pirates, should be the best game in the area so far this year.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The Pirates faced a slow lefty in the Northwest game and just rocked his world. I'm sure Cook is a better pitcher than the boy from Northwest, but these Burg kids can knock the snot out of the ball no matter who or what style of pitcher is on the mound.

GO PIRATES!!!!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

The Pirates faced a slow lefty in the Northwest game and just rocked his world. I'm sure Cook is a better pitcher than the boy from Northwest, but these Burg kids can knock the snot out of the ball no matter who or what style of pitcher is on the mound.

GO PIRATES!!!!!

Minford hitters can "knock the snot out of the ball" as well. The Falcons offense is extremely high powered just like the Pirates. Should be a good match-up.

wolfenbaker
Waterboy

Post by wolfenbaker »

I was at the wheelersburg and minford game last year and it was not the pitching of the farmer boy that lost the game for minford. The minford defense had way too many errors on their fielding. With a good team like Wheelersburg you can not be making costly mistakes like that.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Burg- 8
Minford- 2

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

This should make for a quality SOC game on Wed. evening at the Falcon Nest. Throw out the records, throw out the smack because it all comes down to who executes tomorrow night out on the field. We got to know the Minford players very well last year during Legion season and they are all class people! When those young men step between the lines tomorrow, it will be an old fashioned brawl but when the game is over, I hope BOTH SIDES will tip their hat to the winner and get ready for the next matchup.

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

alabama mike wrote:This should make for a quality SOC game on Wed. evening at the Falcon Nest. Throw out the records, throw out the smack because it all comes down to who executes tomorrow night out on the field. We got to know the Minford players very well last year during Legion season and they are all class people! When those young men step between the lines tomorrow, it will be an old fashioned brawl but when the game is over, I hope BOTH SIDES will tip their hat to the winner and get ready for the next matchup.

That is one thing that Coach Martin instills in all of his players heads. Both teams will be playing for the sole lead of the SOC and I am sure both teams will play with class. The Burg offense is hot and Cook will have to keep the ball low and get some ground balls if Minford is going to win this game. The other half of the equation is, if Cook does get the ground balls, Minford's defense will have to step up and not be as sloppy as they have been the last few games. I have seen on numerous occasions this year routine groundballs go for base hits. Keep the pitches low and the defense clean, and Minford may be able to pull this off. GO FALCONS :!: :!: :!:

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

One pretty good common opponent: Zane Trace (8-2)

Zane Trace beat Minford 6-5 as the Pioneers threw one of their top pitchers. Minford threw Farmer. ZT got five runs off Farmer in the first inning.

Burg beat Zane Trace 14-2 as the Pioneers threw a youngster and the Burg pitched Russell.

It should be a great game.

honesty
Waterboy

Post by honesty »

two diff teams playing the same team(zane trace) but with different outcomes doesnt mean a thing...burg played waverly and had a fit with taht game...waverly played west and waverly had a fit with west...and burg killed west...what does zane trace have to do with the match up b/t minford and burg?????? two great teams are playing tomorrow and let the best team win...

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

FalconFan wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:pitching will be key for minford. burgs hits 1-9 and with authority. should be a good one to watch.

Indeed it will. When people look back in history they will remember three things. The invention of the wheel. The creation of the submarine. And, the night that the Falcons dethrowned the "evil empire".

Now that is funny :mrgreen: , I don't care who you are. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

honesty
Waterboy

Post by honesty »

wolfenbaker wrote:I was at the wheelersburg and minford game last year and it was not the pitching of the farmer boy that lost the game for minford. The minford defense had way too many errors on their fielding. With a good team like Wheelersburg you can not be making costly mistakes like that.

wolfenbaker was right on that part....but the game b/t the two at minford was a different outcome...farmer had some blame to do with taht one...but without the run support they cant win

Return to “Baseball”