WHEELERSBURG @ MINFORD 4/16/08

91Grad
JV Team

Re: WHEELERSBURG @ MINFORD 4/16/08

Post by 91Grad »

Good Luck tonight Burg, Cause of Falconfan's comments and a few others on this web sight on this sport and other sports regaurding Minford and who they play it's hard to root for the Falcons.....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

91Grad wrote:Good Luck tonight Burg, Cause of Falconfan's comments and a few others on this web sight on this sport and other sports regaurding Minford and who they play it's hard to root for the Falcons.....

I dont think that you can single out Minford fans for comments on the forum. I think it goes both ways, especially between Minford and Burg fans.

Not cool.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

yabbadabbadoo is old enough to vote at least twice, if you doubled his age (18x2) but I dont think he makes it to the third time yet. He'll be there soon enough.

Is that offer on the tailgate open to Burg fans as well? :?:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Hey now bama. I;ve still got a few years to go for the third time over 36.LOL

All kidding aside, this game should one of the best of the year. It will probably be a tournament like atmosphere.

Here's to an injury free game on both sides of the ball.

Good luck Pirates. Bring home the victory.

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

31-1 bottom of 5th :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

burggrad1986 wrote:31-1 bottom of 5th :lol:

who is winning?

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

burg...the "EVIL EMPIRE"....lol

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

i think "DONALD THE GREAT FALCON" just shat himself...lol

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

"The game's in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jiggling."

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Wheelersburg 31
Minford 1

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

with that score not much else to say. you have contenders and pretenders. talk is cheap but showing up and puttin' up speaks volumns. good win burg.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
burggrad82 wrote:Wheelersburg in 5 innings

Get real. This one will be a barn burner. Get there early.

The barn was burnt down by the fire shooting of the bats of the Pirates. Jordan another game pitched like a champion. I think Jordan and Adam went 4-4. I hate to say it but I told you so..

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

the creek will rise tonight :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Oh my! :122246 Hopefully, next time around it will be a better game. Good luck to the Falcons.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

all i have to say is WOW.... where are all of the MIGHTY MINFORD FALCON fans now? I havent seen 1 post from them yet.... i would ask for someone to give me a rundown of the box score but that would probably take about an hour to type... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Just as I figured. FalconFan has run his mouth for the past month or so about how Minford was going to take down the Evil Empire, as he calls Wheelersburg, and after that 31-1 drubbing he has completely disappeared from the forum. Wheelersburg could have scored 40+ tonight if Estep didn't call off the dogs after being up by 14 or 15 runs. Hits that were obvious extra base hits were held to singles by the coach not letting runners advance more than one base at a time. I know that the Pirates batted around in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th innings and my have even in the 2nd but I can't say for sure. I believe that in the 5th inning the Pirates actually sent 16 or 17 batters to the plate. A rough guess would be that the Burg had close to if not more than 30 hits tonight.

Great win by the Pirates. They definitely showed who the cream of the crop is in the SOC II this year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wow!

I was pretty sure my 8-2 score was too close, but not that big of a difference.

Better go run those runs off in the gym after this one.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

burgboy wrote:all i have to say is WOW.... where are all of the MIGHTY MINFORD FALCON fans now?

I just got home, so here I am and I am a Minford fan. Unless someone is a complete idiot, you know good and well when a game like this happens, it is due to mental breakdowns and giving up. Wheelersburg has a good team, but they are not that good (as in 30 runs better than Minford). Conversely, Minford has a good team and they are not that bad.

Unless you have no heart, it is painful to see any team suffer a defeat like that. Had the reverse happened, I can assure you I would not be gloating about it.

Let there be no mistake, Burg pounded the ball and had excellent pitching, but there is no team in the area that is truly 30 runs better than another, regardless of division.

As you all make your comments, keep in mind these are 16-18 year old kids and as much as I wish they did not, they read the comments that are written here and on the other sites.

If nothing else, hopefully we can all agree to wish the Falcons well on their trip to Nashville and pull for them to pick up a couple of victories there. Good luck Falcons.

honesty
Waterboy

Post by honesty »

give it to burg...their mindset and attitude compared to minfords is totally different...they played a great ball game today but still isnt a team that is better tahn 30 more runs than minford put up...only if minford had the mindset that burg had it could have been a lot better game...but no1 will know that until minford realizes that the way they play and think is the way that minford has to play and think also...congrats to burg on the win...they played the game with respect tonight...good luck to them in their next games

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
burgboy wrote:all i have to say is WOW.... where are all of the MIGHTY MINFORD FALCON fans now?

I just got home, so here I am and I am a Minford fan. Unless someone is a complete idiot, you know good and well when a game like this happens, it is due to mental breakdowns and giving up. Wheelersburg has a good team, but they are not that good (as in 30 runs better than Minford). Conversely, Minford has a good team and they are not that bad.

Unless you have no heart, it is painful to see any team suffer a defeat like that. Had the reverse happened, I can assure you I would not be gloating about it.

Let there be no mistake, Burg pounded the ball and had excellent pitching, but there is no team in the area that is truly 30 runs better than another, regardless of division.

As you all make your comments, keep in mind these are 16-18 year old kids and as much as I wish they did not, they read the comments that are written here and on the other sites.

If nothing else, hopefully we can all agree to wish the Falcons well on their trip to Nashville and pull for them to pick up a couple of victories there. Good luck Falcons.

I agree that the Falcons gave up after they were down 8-0 after the Burg 2nd at bat. You could just see it in their actions and Coach Martin saw it too and pulled almost his entire starting lineup. Wheelersburg isn't 30 runs better than the Falcons, but they are the better team. The had better pitching, better hitting, better fielding, less errors, and better mental toughness and that's why they won this game so easily.

I know we probably shouldn't gloat about this game, but when you all have fans like FalconFan who has done nothing but run his mouth for the past month or so about how Minford was going to take down the "Evil Empire" and drub the Burg with every breath he takes it makes it a little easier to come on here and gloat a little. Just like you say the kids read this forum, i'm sure all the Burg kids have seen all of his comments as well and they took this as an opportunity to make a statement and they did.

I wish the Falcons the best of luck in Nashville and the rest of the season except for the rematch in the Burg at the end of the month. I'm sure Caoch Martin will have then put this one behind them and get back on the winning track in no time.

Return to “Baseball”