Circleville 12 Chilly 10

chilltown
JV Team

Circleville 12 Chilly 10

Post by chilltown »

Good game... another tough loss for Cavs . Cavs led 7-1 as went ended up w/ 20 hits, 7 kids had at least 2 hits . Cody Speakman hit a homer and Alex Grow just missed as he hit top of fence. Defense hurt us at the end but that is nothing new...LOL.....Some kids who have not been hitting , got it going tonight. GO CAVS!!!!

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Re: Circleville 12 Chilly 10

Post by cavalier11 »

there were 3 errors made by the third basemen alone that cost the Cavs 5 runs, does anybody know if the kid playing third base has played their all year? Some fans in the stands last night said that he has not...

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Whoever the "fans" were haven't been to any games then. Carey was on 3B last evening as he was the previous 3 games as well as all games Dawes and Webb pitches . Only 2 errors by 3B last night ,the throw glancing off his glove was actually backed up by the pitcher and wouldn't be 3rd out .Although he should have caught it.He has a few errors left to catchup up w/ some others on this squad. These were the first fielding errors of the year for Carey who also had a throwing error against Portsmouth earlier in the week. He probably needed to take a few steps back . 3b w/either Webb or Carey is in good hands compared to some other infield positions that are averaging 2 or more errors a game. Leaving pitchers in too long was really the culprit last night , not sure Coach had any choice in a non-league game . Kids made a good showing in loss . James threw really well for 3 innings ,but bringing him back for the 5th was a head scratcher.

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

I agree chilltown, I think Webb and Carey are both good at third. Also, you got to remember at short Grow has had a few errors but he also is a month behind everyone due to baseball as is Dawes. I say this team will probably peak at the right this year, jmo

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

thanks chilltown, i wasnt sure to believe that or not...but from my understanding Webb has been playing third base all of his sophomore year and all of this year except the past couple of games...why the sudden change? he doesnt make many errors and is usually pretty good with his bat...it makes me scratch my head a little...

also, carey is good enough to play the infield with webb, why dont they simply put carey at second or short while webb stays at third? whats your thoughts?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

My schedule has Chillicothe playing Ironton on April 18?

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

cavalier11 wrote:thanks chilltown, i wasnt sure to believe that or not...but from my understanding Webb has been playing third base all of his sophomore year and all of this year except the past couple of games...why the sudden change? he doesnt make many errors and is usually pretty good with his bat...it makes me scratch my head a little...

also, carey is good enough to play the infield with webb, why dont they simply put carey at second or short while webb stays at third? whats your thoughts?

Glendenning , Grow and Carey all made JV as freshman ( We had a freshman team then) . For some reason Carey started in left field ,never being an outfielder. Webb came up late in the year to play third. The next year everyone made varsity except Carey . He played 3rd ,SS and pitched . I'm guessing that the coaches wanted him to work on his pitching and be the leader on JV . He was brought up late in year for Varsity. Not sure why the change but it seems Dunn likes Carey in lineup in some capacity. He tends to find a way to get on base and score . He also gives coaches flexibility. We just have a few kids that are equal . IMO we would be better defensively if Carey were at SS . Grow played outfield for 757 B team last year. Not sure whats going on w/2b Marty seems to be having problems throwing . This may be lingering effects of his injury . Corzine has been doing a fine job in CF defensively and has some key hits lately. Marty and Alex are hitting very well and we need them in lineup to win. Webb and Carey have both DH'ed when not playing field and hit for themselves when pitching .

Return to “Baseball”