American Legion Post 303 Baseball Tryouts

hawkeyepierce
S

American Legion Post 303 Baseball Tryouts

Post by hawkeyepierce »

The Robert A. Wycoff American Legion Post 303 of McArthur is announcing tryouts to be held on Tuesday May 27th and Thursday May 29th. Tryouts will begin at 5:30 at the Vinton County High School. All interested baseball players from Vinton County, Wellston, Jackson and Oak Hill high schools are encouraged to attend.

For further questions call, Terry Hale at 740-352-6205 or Bob Grillo at 740-357-8183.

g w mclintock
All State

Re: American Legion Post 303 Baseball Tryouts

Post by g w mclintock »

Courtesy bump...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Ill make it a stick just remind me when to take it down.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Thanks G.W. always looking out for me. Ozzie and as usual, much appreciated.

Fluoride
Waterboy

Post by Fluoride »

Hawkeye,

Are you coaching the team again this year? If you need someone to keep the book, I might be able to slip out of the house for some fun. :oops:

Please let me know.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Fluoride, we can always use the help and you are more than welcome to come by and do so.

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

Gilligan,

Let it go, and get a life. You seem starved for attention.

9697ironmen
Riding the Bench

Post by 9697ironmen »

Who are the coaches for the legion team?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Check the contacts in HP's original post, that would be the coaches. And CJ. I'm sure that Hawkeye can more than handle his own, but if he needs help, he'll get it :aaaaa11

kong
Waterboy

Post by kong »

is there going to 1 or 2 teams. and as far as coaches go terry is usually manager and bob is assistant coach. is terry going to be head coach this year or manager?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Coaches have yet to be determined. Bob Grillo and Joey Wyant have graciously volunteered their time. We are waiting on return phone calls. As for myself, I am the Business Manager and will not be involved in day to day operation. That is my hope, I do not wish to coach.

As far as a second team, that will depend on the number of who comes and tryouts. We hope not turn anyone away.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Just received a return phone call, Michael Moore of Jackson is on board. Those who don't know Mike, he was a standout at Jackson and at Wilmington College and has been a great friend to Post 303 in the past and we look forward to his help this season and in the future.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good luck to you and your team Hawkeye, Ill be watching.Is the Comer boy playing on your team?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

We hope so, he has been with us the last three years and he is welcomed back.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Gilligan, an name like that/nuff said :mrgreen:

Fluoride
Waterboy

Post by Fluoride »

Gilligan, one of these days you're going to get what's coming to you. I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Pound for pound, there aren't many men as tough as Hawkeye.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Gilligan, you have insulted me three times on this thread since you wrote this on a different thread:

I would like to apoligize for anything I've said that has offended anyone. I really do enjoy watching the Vikings play. I followed the boy's team during their tournament run and followed the girl's team during their tournament run the previous year. I saw some things that I thought were inappropriate and I guess I overreacted a little. hawkeyepierce, the only reason I was so negative toward you is because you responded and after awhile it just seemed kind of fun to argue with you. Also, I never called hawkeyepierce or Tim Puckett like I claimed. Again, I was just having some fun. So whoever, I offended, be it hawkeye, his old girlfriend fluoride, vcloyaty or anyone else, I am sorry and I do wish the Vikings the best of like and will be pulling for them come tournament time. I do think they will be pretty good this year.

...it is nice to see that you were apologetic and sincere and not giving us lip service, oh wait you were giving us lip service and you were not sincere.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Gilligan, you have insulted me three times on this thread since you wrote this on a different thread:

I would like to apoligize for anything I've said that has offended anyone. I really do enjoy watching the Vikings play. I followed the boy's team during their tournament run and followed the girl's team during their tournament run the previous year. I saw some things that I thought were inappropriate and I guess I overreacted a little. hawkeyepierce, the only reason I was so negative toward you is because you responded and after awhile it just seemed kind of fun to argue with you. Also, I never called hawkeyepierce or Tim Puckett like I claimed. Again, I was just having some fun. So whoever, I offended, be it hawkeye, his old girlfriend fluoride, vcloyaty or anyone else, I am sorry and I do wish the Vikings the best of like and will be pulling for them come tournament time. I do think they will be pretty good this year.

...it is nice to see that you were apologetic and sincere and not giving us lip service, oh wait you were giving us lip service and you were not sincere.

Well said Hawkeye. Zing....

Return to “Baseball”