Minford Falcons @ Wheelersburg Pirates May 2nd

thenino
Freshman Team

Minford Falcons @ Wheelersburg Pirates May 2nd

Post by thenino »

Round two of the Wheelersburg v Minford matchup is set for this Friday. Burg crushed the Falcons in the first game 31-1.. Farmer will be pitching for the Falcons and I'm going to assume that Russell will pitch for the pirates. This game should not end up like the last game, as I think Minford has improved since their last visit with Wheelersburg. Will still be tough for Minford to beat the Pirates, and if they are going to, they need play flawlessly, on both offense and defense. Burg is not 30 runs better than the Falcons, as the first game turned out, and should be a lot closer this time around.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Re: Minford Falcons @ Wheelersburg Pirates May 2nd

Post by burggrad82 »

Wheelersburg hits faster pitching better than slower. Jarod is one of the top pitchers in the area and throws hard. The pirates bats are waking up again and I look for the pirates to generate quality hits with the added speed. Jordan will be on the mound and is comming off a well pitched game against valley I look for a solid outing from him if you give him 2 runs he's tough to beat. good luck to all the players and this is what soc2 baseball is all about.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

If Minford is gonna take this one then they need to play how they were taught to play.Even if they do get down a few runs, they need to keep their heads up and pull through.I think they've got a good shot at a win if they play hard.Either way its gonna be a darn good game!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

I don't look for Farmer to pitch on Friday as I think he pitched against West last night in the 6-5 win.

If Farmer does not pitch I don't see Minford taking this game unless Burg just makes a few key mistakes and does not hit very well. They proved against Minford in the last meeting that they can hit Cook so I would not see this as an initial option for Coach Martin. Minfords best bet is to use Johnson and hope he can get past the 2nd inning this time although I still think Burg will hit the baseball. Minford must find a way to put base runners on against Russell. He does not give up too many bases or runs so when Minford gets the opportunity they must find a way to manufacture runs and cannot leave them stranded on the bases.

Once again it should be a dandy game to finish out Burg's 2008 regular season home schedule. Here's hoping for a closer game than the last and a Burg win. :122245

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Good luck to the Falcons in this matchup. Hopefully Oesch can continue with the hot bat and Farmer can pitch a good game. Regardless, I will be there.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

BULDOG wrote:I don't look for Farmer to pitch on Friday as I think he pitched against West last night in the 6-5 win.

If Farmer does not pitch I don't see Minford taking this game unless Burg just makes a few key mistakes and does not hit very well. They proved against Minford in the last meeting that they can hit Cook so I would not see this as an initial option for Coach Martin. Minfords best bet is to use Johnson and hope he can get past the 2nd inning this time although I still think Burg will hit the baseball. Minford must find a way to put base runners on against Russell. He does not give up too many bases or runs so when Minford gets the opportunity they must find a way to manufacture runs and cannot leave them stranded on the bases.

Once again it should be a dandy game to finish out Burg's 2008 regular season home schedule. Here's hoping for a closer game than the last and a Burg win. :122245

Farmer will most likely pitch because he only came in for the last inning against West. Look for him to be the starter.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Thanks for the update... I did not know he only threw 1 inning.

It does make it a completely different game with Farmer on the mound.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Prediction: The game is closer than 31 to 1

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

falconflyer wrote:Prediction: The game is closer than 31 to 1

I would agree with that statement.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Hopefully the weather holds off for this one. I think the forecast calls for scattered showers and thunderstorms.

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

Farmer on the hill for the Falcons and Russell on the hill for the Pirates two of the top pitchers in the league should keep the score alot closer then in the first meeting between the two.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Looks like the weather will hold off for the game. Go Falcons!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Looking forward to the game. Hopefully it's hot and tight.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Is the game scheduled for 5pm?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Bleeding Red wrote:Is the game scheduled for 5pm?

Yes.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I hope the Minford faithful come to the game and are plentiful.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Wheelersburg 7
Minford 3

Both Jordan Russell and Jarod Farmer pitched great games, but Jordan had more control of his pitches today and probably had around 10 strikeouts. Some nice timely hitting by the Pirates today as well. Great win for the Pirates and I believe that wraps up the SOC II title outright for them.

My hats off to the Falcons for hanging right with the Pirates for the first few innings and it was tied 3-3 into the 4th or 5th inning before the Burg plated 4 runs to put it away.

Good luck to the Falcons the rest of the season and into the tourney.

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

both teams had a great game pirates had a couple of clutch hits that put the falcons away late both pitchers pitched as expected keeping their team in it

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Sounds like the 'real' Minford team showed up tonight and played well. Glad to see them continue to bounce back.

Congrats to the Pirates on the championship. Keep working hard.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I think Minford regained some of their respectability. Game was close until a few key hits got the Pirates going in the bottom of the 6th. Farmer was expectional on the mound, backed by a very nice defensive outing. Congratulations Pirates on the SOC. You guys derserve it. Good luck in the tourney when hopefully Minford will see you guys again. Good job Falcons and again congrats 'Burg on the championship.

Return to “Baseball”