SEOAL DAY OF CHAMPIONS

Post by 9697ironmen »

Jackson @ Zanesville

Gallia @ Warren (Vincent)

Chillicothe @ Athens

Portsmouth @ Marietta

Ironton @ Logan

what are the predictions for the day of champions
Last edited by 9697ironmen on Sat May 03, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baseballfan61
Waterboy

Re: DAY OF CHAMPIONS

Post by baseballfan61 »

Chillicothe won the season series vs Portsmouth and they finished with identical 5-7 records, so it should be Chillicothe vs Athens and Portsmouth vs Marietta.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

It will be interesting. The south teams put up a lot more runs throughout the season. Does this mean they hit better or the north schools have more dominant pitching? Zanesville, Warren and Marietta all have one pitcher ('Ville may have more but we saw Cole Hudson all 3 times) that will keep the score down.

9697ironmen
Riding the Bench

Post by 9697ironmen »

my mistake baseball fan.

i thought it had gone the other way.

baseballfan61
Waterboy

Post by baseballfan61 »

No problem 9697 Ironmen. I agree, it will be interesting to see how everyone matches up this year. It appears that the North may have deeper pitching, but the South certainly can hit. It should be fun. Good luck to the Ironmen vs Zanesville! I would like to see that one.

tigersfan88
Varsity

Post by tigersfan88 »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:It will be interesting. The south teams put up a lot more runs throughout the season. Does this mean they hit better or the north schools have more dominant pitching? Zanesville, Warren and Marietta all have one pitcher ('Ville may have more but we saw Cole Hudson all 3 times) that will keep the score down.

Marietta has more than one good pitcher. im assuming ur implying Brockmeir with that but brooker is a very good pitcher with multiple solid games. he has one or two games where he wasnt on but he also has had multiple really dominant appearances.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:It will be interesting. The south teams put up a lot more runs throughout the season. Does this mean they hit better or the north schools have more dominant pitching? Zanesville, Warren and Marietta all have one pitcher ('Ville may have more but we saw Cole Hudson all 3 times) that will keep the score down.

From watching the South's teams this year , IMO ...... the runs are from a lack of dominating pitching.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Re: SEOAL DAY OF CHAMPIONS

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Know nothing about Jackson but must be a pretty darn good team to win south division. Zanesville on the other hand is going to give you very good pitching and are very fundamentally sound defense they won't beat themselve's.
I look for a low scoring game.....Yes i do know that Jackson put's up 10 run's a game but pitching and defense win's games......Zville 4-3

GO BLUE DEVIL"S

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

I'd say a NORTH SWEEP...

But it will be a great day of baseball with mostly evenly matched teams...

For that Jackson/Z-ville game...

Zanesville will WIN it big. They by far are the BEST team in the SEOAL this year.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

The best game should be Warren and Gallia. These teams are no strangers to one another, having split two games already. It is possible they could play a fourth time in sectionals.

positivecoach
Waterboy

Post by positivecoach »

pardon my ignorance, but when are the games?

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

A sweep for the North? I'm sorry but I don't think there will be a sweep either way here. Not saying it's not possible but not likely. Chillicothe is just as good as athens and Portsmouth is a very good team. There record does not show what they are capable of doing. Any team can win on anyday in baseball, that's why they play the game. I have faith in Jackson. When a team hits the ball as well as Jackson, it's hard to say they will get killed. They were down 5 in the top of the 7th at Portsmouth and came back and won 12-10, they never give up. For a team to go through what they have been through is amazing. They were in last place last year. Were suppost to be last again. Didn't have a coach untill a few weeks before baseball season started and still igonored everything and came to play. Coach Rolston has done an unbelievable job with these boys. I know that the north has some good teams but the south is no walk through.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

=CHAMPIONSHIP GAME=
Zanesville (10--0) vs.
Jackson (10--2) (WINNER)

=BRONZE METAL GAME=
Warren (7--5) (WINNER)
Gallopolis (8--4)

=FIGHT FOR TOP 5=
Athens (5--6)
Chillicothe (5--7) (WINNER)

=THE 7UP GAME=
Marietta (4--8)
Portsmouth (5--7) (WINNER)

=THE CELLER DWELLER GAME=
Logan (2--9) (WINNER)
Ironton (2--10)

JACKSON over ZANESVILLE (Great WIN for the IRONMEN)
WARREN Over GALLIA (Good WIN for the WARRIORS)
CHILLI Over ATHENS (Chilli managed the with with Athens taking leads twice)
PORTSMOUTH Over MARIETTA (Trojans finished nice)
LOGAN Over IRONTON (Good for Logan)
Last edited by questionmark on Thu May 08, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

The games will be played Wednesday beginning at 5 p.m.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I don't think the North will take all five games

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

That would be difficult to imagine, too, IMO.

Funny the talk about "one pitcher," but I do think that stems from coaches working their rotations so their "1s" always face the tougher teams. Marietta saw Hudson three times ... and Zanesville saw Brockmeier three times! But we also have a senior (Brandon Smith) who's something like 6-0 now, and some other young arms, too.

Hope the rain holds off tonight. Best to all.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Questionmark: if Gallia scores 7 runs off of D Wags, then the south takes that game. I believe that game will be low scoring.

Tigersfan88: Wasn't saying that Marietta didn't have more good pitchers but Brockmeier is their go to guy.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any DOC scores yet?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

WKKJ Chillicothe reports Cavaliers over Athens 6-5 for 5th place.

Looks like no sweep for the tough North Division

Congrats to the Cavs! Good luck in the tourney...

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren 6
Gallia 5

Very entertaining game, could have gone either way. Gallia has some serious hitters but they kept going deep in the air and Warren has some good outfielders.

Warren jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning on a Jeremy Murphy Homerun to left center. Gallia countered with a solo shot by the catcher #11 (help me out with names) in the 3rd. An inning later the pitcher #3 hit a two run shot to tie the game. Gallia then took the lead on a 2 run double to straight away center field. In the 6th, Warren loaded the bases on a bunt that no one from Gallia covered 1st or 3rd bases. Trace Lydick then slapped a single through the right side that scored one but bad baserunning left Warren with runners on second and 3rd with 2 outs. On a 2-2 pitch Tyler Spence drove in 2 runs to give the Warriors a 6-5 lead. Daniel Wagner, who went the distance on the mound, got the Gallia hitters out 1-2-3, with the last being a circus catch at the right field fence.

Return to “Baseball”