Gallia Academy @ Warren Local 5-7-08

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Gallia Academy @ Warren Local 5-7-08

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Any thoughts on this game? Warren comes in with a 15-7 (7-5) record. They have underachieved in my opinion this season, although they have struggled with injuries. With no games scheduled between now and then they may be able to heal up some. Daniel Wagner should take the hill if his hamstring doesn't get worse...he has been able to pitch with it but not bat.
Who will Gallia counter with? Golden? Could anyone give me the story on this kid? I saw him pitch as a Freshman at Warren but I believe he was injured his Sophomore year and did not play as a Junior. Didn't he blow out his knee last summer in a football scrimmage? If this is all correct, the kid has been through a lot of stuff for an 18 year old.

This game should be very entertaining...I have always enjoyed watching Gallia's ball team. Very well coached.

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Gallia Academy @ Warren Local 5-7-08

Post by jottings »

Yes, Golden was injured in an August scrimmage against Portsmouth West...All-state QB missed all of grid season with abroken leg, missed all of baseketball as a three-year letterman at guard, and returned to the baseball team the second week of April.

After a stint against Jackson in med-April, Golden has won three straight games, including a five-hitter against Portsmouth Friday night.

Gallia's four pitchers are Golden, Shawn Thompson, Nick Stevens and Kruize Wandling. John Troester has some varsity innings this spring as well as Beau Whaley.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Why did he not play his sophomore and junior seasons?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Shoulder injuries, I think.

Return to “Baseball”