ZT 17 Chilly 7

chilltown
JV Team

ZT 17 Chilly 7

Post by chilltown »

Game went 6 innings . Roberts hit 2 dingers and had at least 6 RBI"s .

Stocklin, Downs? and Roberts pitched for Pioneers
Van Voorhis, Webb,and Speakman for Cavs

James left in too long again, whats new ??

Good Luck to ZT you have a nice team.

Bozo
S

Re: ZT 17 Chilly 7

Post by Bozo »

Chillicothe has good talent from what I saw. They hit the ball well.

dawescpa
Riding the Bench

Post by dawescpa »

Coach Allen is a class act. His kids are very good hitters. Chilltown- sometimes when you have games scheduled Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, & Mon and you are trying to get your rotations set for DOC and Sectionals you can't change your pitcher so fast. Sometimes you have to suck it up. We had one bad inning where we collapsed defensively and mentally. He was not throwing bad nor walking the park. I respectfully disagree with your remarks and your digs. It would be nice to get support and not second guessing. Heck, I'm a volunteer assistant, you should apply for my job. You take away our bad inning and we were right there. We lack one thing that I see from my seat... the admin is not pulling for this, our parents aren't pulling for this, and our kids that don't play that particular day aren't pulling for it either. And what is that they are not pulling for? It is for the "team" to win.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

dawescpa wrote: We lack one thing that I see from my seat... the admin is not pulling for this, our parents aren't pulling for this, and our kids that don't play that particular day aren't pulling for it either. And what is that they are not pulling for? It is for the "team" to win.

i agree with that 100%. i've seen this team play a couple of times now and it is very obvious, and sad to see.

i hope that something can be done about this lack of support from the administration, parents, and even players.

good luck to the TEAM the rest of the season and in the tourney. GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

dawescpa wrote:Coach Allen is a class act. His kids are very good hitters. Chilltown- sometimes when you have games scheduled Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, & Mon and you are trying to get your rotations set for DOC and Sectionals you can't change your pitcher so fast. Sometimes you have to suck it up. We had one bad inning where we collapsed defensively and mentally. He was not throwing bad nor walking the park. I respectfully disagree with your remarks and your digs. It would be nice to get support and not second guessing. Heck, I'm a volunteer assistant, you should apply for my job. You take away our bad inning and we were right there. We lack one thing that I see from my seat... the admin is not pulling for this, our parents aren't pulling for this, and our kids that don't play that particular day aren't pulling for it either. And what is that they are not pulling for? It is for the "team" to win.

Yes I agree w/you,the team could have more support from all involved . However, I disagree that the parents don't want these kids to win (if thats what you meant).
But this is a forum and there will be some second guessing ,my point being the kid being left in to give up 3 run Jack w/ 2 outs to Josh. I know as well as you coach the only 2 kids not available to pitch yesterday were Seth and Aaron as they will try and win 5th place tomorrow . Hindsight is 20/20 . I guess I was "Digging "at the Circleville game which the kid was left in too long and we could have easily won that game . Having been a coach , I know it's hard to listen to peoples critiques . But having said that you can't take offense or take it too seriously. As far as applying for your job , I couldn't handle it I would blow up more than you do :lol:

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace defeats Piketon on Tuesday night to share the SVC title with Adena. Also, it was the sixth time in the last eight years that they have won 20 games in a season.

dawescpa
Riding the Bench

Post by dawescpa »

Chill-

I am saying our district from top to bottom accepts mediocrity. And yes there are parents who want us to win as long as their kid is playing. Second guessing is part of the sport, I took no offense I know I know the game and I knew what we had coming up this week. He wasn't throwong that bad. I have a great passion for baseball and for winning and want so bad for our program to get turned.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

I agree Coach , I think we all just want this program to do well . It gets frustrating for everyone as the losses mount and the way we lose games. Most of our losses are due to mental breakdowns and DEFENSE , our pitchers really haven't pitched bad at all IMO .

Hopefully kids will win tomorrow and get some momentum going .....GO CAVS!!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Good luck to the Cavs tomorrow in the DOC. I could not agree more with dawescpa. The culture of the adminstration and those in charge has to change in order for this team (and other Chilly teams) to start winning.

I have not been to the games this year, but watching yesterday, I just felt a sense of ZT having a program and we have kids out there playing. It is imperative, that we get this kids a diamond to play on. It is imperative, we don't lose full seasons due to levies. It is imperative that we get parents and community support behind all of these programs.

The talent is there. I spoke with the Jackson assistant coach and he felt Chilly was one of the better teams they saw in the league and all year. One inning yesterday, put the Cavs in a deep hole. To many errors (lack of concentration), combined with some solid knocks made for a long inning. I explained to the kids mom who took one for the team, that the staff was lining up the pitching for the next week and into the tourney. I thought he pitched pretty solid, but did not get any luck.

In any event, I love all these kids and want to see them be successful. Again, it starts at the top and if the top cannot get us a field to play on (we had one), then I don't see the support.

GO CAVS!!!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Good luck to the Cavs on Wednesday and in the tournament next week.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

WKKJ reports Cavs win 6-5 over Athens in the DOC for 5th place.

Congrats to the kids and the staff...

Return to “Baseball”