Wheelersburg Vs Valley round 2

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Wheelersburg Vs Valley round 2

Post by burggrad82 »

This game will round out the Soc play for Wheelersburg. I look for Russell on the mound. Thoughts?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg Vs Valley round 2

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I look for the Pirates to wrap up another undefeated SOC II season with a win over the Indians on Thursday.

Then their perfect season will be on the line against Greenup next week. That's the game I'm looking forward to seeing.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

I concur bg77

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

I agree not that burg should be looking past valley because they shouldnt but I am looking forward to see how burg matches up with greenup. I heard greenup has a solid left handed pitch that signed with morehead so it should give the pirates a good test and getting them ready for tournament play if they see bricker in the first round.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

First, Valley just gave Waverly everything they could handle last night. Waverly did win with a walk-off home run but the Indians are getting better by the day.

Second, Greenup just beat Lawrence County 9-4 last night. Lawrence County is one of their early losses and is currently ranked 21st in the state of Kentucky. Greenup has won more games this season than Wheelersburg and now stands at 24-6.

I wish I could be at both games but it appears unlikely. As I understand it, Greenup is set for Tuesday, May 13th and that is the first half of the SOC track meet at Valley. It is my only chance to get field event pictures for the meet.

Are both upcoming games scheduled for 5 pm? According to their events board, Greenup sometimes starts at 6 pm for home games.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I am going to have to see if I can make that game tomorrow night. :lol:

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Its going to rain

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Greenup is solid, to say the least. I wish Ohio had the luxury of playing the amount of games as Kentucky. Greenup also went to Cocoa Beach, Florida this year. It's a lot different over there. Their Coach is a great baseball guy and also a friend of mine, we played together on a Connie Mack team years ago in Lexington and also played Legion ball against each other.

Here's a little about the Musketeers. http://www.greenup.k12.ky.us/gctv/gchs_ ... lcome.html

This is what we want, to play teams of this caliber.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Dont know if we will get this one in tonight or not, its not looking real good out in this part of the county.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

With what I just heading this way on the Weather.com radar I doubt this game gets played tonight. Unless this system dies out before it gets here it looks like we could get some heavy rains here in the next few hours.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Who are you, Tony Cavalier?LOL

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I hear Wheelersburg won 3-0?

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Wheelersburg 3
Valley 0

Didn't make the game but heard it was wet.

Wheelersburg again for the 4th year in a row goes undefeated in SOC 2 play.
24-0 with 1 regular season game to go.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Who are you, Tony Cavalier?LOL

Nope. No gerbils in my house or anywhere else for that matter.

Congrats to the Pirates on another undefeated SOC season. I believe the girls softball and the tennis team also went undefeated, so that's two years in a row that the spring sports didn't lose a conference game. I'm not sure about the boys and girls track, but they may have went undefeated as well.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

burggrad82 wrote:Wheelersburg 3
Valley 0

Didn't make the game but heard it was wet.

Wheelersburg again for the 4th year in a row goes undefeated in SOC 2 play.
24-0 with 1 regular season game to go.

Yes it was a wet one. Field conditions were poor at best and this one could've probably been cancelled by the 2nd inning. Puddles were standing in the infield by the 4th.

Burg hit the ball much better last night as several balls were hit hard directly at the fielders and with the slow playing conditions the hard ground balls were pretty easy to field. Spencer Hall again came thru with a clutch hit in the 4th with a 2 RBI double into the LF gap on 3-2 count plating the 1st 2 runs. It would stay 2-0 Burg until the 7th when a 2 out single by Hopper plated the 3rd and final run for Burg. Valley would threaten in the 4th with two straight singles, but with runners on 1st and 2nd and 2 out, Wamlsey would strikeout the final batter to end the inning. Valley would get the leadoff batter Buckewitz on in the 7th but Wamlsey quickly eliminate the threat by picking him off first base.

Another good night for Wamsley on the mound as he only allowed 2 hits on the night and one was a texas leaguer to LF. He probably had near 10 K's as well. The wet conditions did not bother him as you would expect.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Congrats to the Pirates on another undefeated SOC season. I believe the girls softball and the tennis team also went undefeated, so that's two years in a row that the spring sports didn't lose a conference game. I'm not sure about the boys and girls track, but they may have went undefeated as well.
The SOC track meet is May 13th and 14th,both Burg teams should be at the top ;-)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

The softball team lost a couple of games and the tennis team should have went undefeated except that the tennis coach decided to juggle his lineup against New Boston and they lost. Way to take away an undefeated season from them.

Burg just needs to paythe kind of ball they have all year. They have kind of struggled here lately hitting the ball and hopefully that is just a little slump they are in right now. Maybe they will get that out of their system before the tourney starts.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

The softball team lost a couple of games and the tennis team should have went undefeated except that the tennis coach decided to juggle his lineup against New Boston and they lost. Way to take away an undefeated season from them.

Burg just needs to paythe kind of ball they have all year. They have kind of struggled here lately hitting the ball and hopefully that is just a little slump they are in right now. Maybe they will get that out of their system before the tourney starts.

I know the softball team lost two games, but neither of them were conference games. Same with the tennis team. New Boston is in the SOC I, so I don't think they lost any conference games either. I think last year these three teams went a combined 40-0 in conference play and I believe they may have done the same this season.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Sounds like to me Wheelersburg has pretty much dominated the SOC II all year football, basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, track, volleyball, soccer, Quiz Bowl (someone will have to let me know about that team but I bet we did) sound like a clean sweep. What a great bunch of kids and coaches congrads to all .

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

burggrad82 wrote:Sounds like to me Wheelersburg has pretty much dominated the SOC II all year football, basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, track, volleyball, soccer, Quiz Bowl (someone will have to let me know about that team but I bet we did) sound like a clean sweep. What a great bunch of kids and coaches congrads to all .

Just another typical year at Wheelersburg High School. And yes, I believe they announced that the Quiz Bowl team also won the SOC at the Academic Excellence Awards ceremony, as did the Mock Trial Team which advanced all the way to the State.

Return to “Baseball”