Wheelersburg puts undefeated Season on line against Greenup

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Wheelersburg puts undefeated Season on line against Greenup

Post by burggrad82 »

Thoughts and comments (I know we have a game Thursday not looking past Valley but it looks like a wash for tommorow so the next game is Greenup County). This is a team that will keep you sharp in all parts of your game should be fun to watch.

Orestes
S

Re: Wheelersburg puts undefeated Season on line against Greenup

Post by Orestes »

Good luck Burg. I have a friend in Kentucky that is always bragging on the quality of Kentucky High School Baseball, and Greenup is one of the teams he mentions. Get this win so I can tell him a little about it :-D

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

hammerdown wrote:
Orestes wrote:Good luck Burg. I have a friend in Kentucky that is always bragging on the quality of Kentucky High School Baseball, and Greenup is one of the teams he mentions. Get this win so I can tell him a little about it :-D

i mean this respectfully,your friend is right baseball in ky is awesome right now. greenup is one of the good teams in our area.they are the leader of the 16 th region

the burg looks to be the best team on the other side of the river.it should be a battle,and a great game between two power house teams.

Oh, I'm sure he is right. The guy knows his baseball, and always talks about how these teams do everything correctly. I could just have some fun with him after a Wheelersburg win.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Catch 24 had this post on another topic

Greenup is solid, to say the least. I wish Ohio had the luxury of playing the amount of games as Kentucky. Greenup also went to Cocoa Beach, Florida this year. It's a lot different over there. Their Coach is a great baseball guy and also a friend of mine, we played together on a Connie Mack team years ago in Lexington and also played Legion ball against each other.

Here's a little about the Musketeers. http://www.greenup.k12.ky.us/gctv/gchs_ ... lcome.html

This is what we want, to play teams of this caliber.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Kentucky takes baseball as Ohio takes football. That's just the way it is over there. But, we are the Burg and don't intend on leaving w/out a W, that's the way it is over here.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Yes Greenup will be a great matchup for Burg. But this is what we want heading into the tourney. It would be nice to stay undefeated but that should not be the main goal for this team. Goal #1 has been accompilshed to win the league. Goal #2 to play one game at a time, stay focused through the tournament and win the state championship.

This will test both teams heading in to tourney play with great pitching, solid defense and a potent offense. These teams matchup pretty well and if they both play up to their potential should be a low scoring game. Give these pitchers a 3 run cushion and their team will be hard to beat.

Burg is awful good with Russell or Wamsley on the mound as well. Not many runs or base runners for that matter.

Not sure who well see in the game for Burg as we do have a tourney game on Friday and Russell will probably get the call then. Russell or Wamsley will be as effective as Heineman for Greenup.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

not 100% but I think Greenup

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

There is some good baseball in Kentucky and some wonderful facilities. My sophomore year (2001) we played Ballard high school and Pleasant Ridge Park and their ballparks were better than most colleges. They had indoor hitting facilities that were almost like professional teams. It was unbelievable. I think Ballard was nationally ranked and #1 in the state and Pleasant Ridge Park was #3 in the state. Jeremy Sowers (now with the Tribe) pitched against us...he was tough. Good luck to Wheelersburg. Represent Southern Ohio well!

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Wheelersburg sometimes plays in the Boyd County tournament they have played some good Ky schools in that I remember Louisville Butler team they had a kid that hit a 500ft. foulball. I heard he played at LSU.
Last edited by burggrad82 on Thu May 08, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Russell has rested this week so I would say Greenup will see him; over the past 3 years he is 26-1 3 saves. Its going to be a great game and hopefully both teams see their best on the mound we both need it going into the tournament.

Good luck to Tyler Hieneman on going to Morehead thats a great school (thats where I went and yes we had color tv)
Last edited by burggrad82 on Sat May 10, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Does Kentucky still play an unlimited amount of games?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

go burg go

GO BURG GO

GO BURG GO!!

GO BURG GO!!!!

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

This should be a great matchup for both teams Wheelersburg needs a game like this before going into tournament as it will get them ready to play the good teams down the road.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

This one is going to be a nail bitter.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

As I recall, the very first game that Jordan Russell pitched in high school was against Greenup at Greenup. He came in as a relief pitcher his freshman year and it was the first game of the season. I remember taking a picture of him on the mound surrounded by seniors as he warmed up late in the game.

Be ironic to pitch his last regular season game against the same team. But we will see who gets the mound.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I will be making the pligrimage across the river to see the game tonight. Good luck to the Pirates.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

greenup 5 - wheelersburg 2

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats to Greenup on winning the game last night.

Return to “Baseball”