Meigs American Legion post 128 Tryouts

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Meigs American Legion post 128 Tryouts

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Try outs will take place on Saturday May 24th and Sunday May 25th at Star Mill Park in Racine... (Southerns Home Field). Try outs will begin at 5:00 pm, rain or shine. Those Athletes from Meigs, Eastern, and Southern are encouraged to come out...

For any additional help or information please call Coach Tom Woods at 1-740-992-6752

also feel free to check out the post 128 website.... http://www.baseball-teams.com/teams/fenneybennett

the site will be updated shortly...

Hey OZZIEOHIO, think we could get a sticky on this???

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Re: Meigs American Legion post 128 Tryouts

Thanks OZZIEOHIO :)

Derf
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf »

See you guys when you come to Lancaster.

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

So are they changing the team's home field from Meigs H.S. to Star Mill Park or just having tryouts in Racine?

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

The Home field is going to be star mill park

bleacher coach
Waterboy

Post by bleacher coach »

Star Mill Park is a nice field & a nice place to watch a game but the short fence will probably make for some long, high scoring games.

Good luck to the Feeney-Bennett team this season.

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

bleacher coach wrote:
Star Mill Park is a nice field & a nice place to watch a game but the short fence will probably make for some long, high scoring games.

Good luck to the Feeney-Bennett team this season.

I have got to agree w/you coach great playing surface but both a short porch & a very short backstop!

I think Meigs was the better field for the Legion, the ball would carry but it still was 320 down the lines & 380 in right center.

But hey we'll find out shortly!

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

Wow...is there a compelling reason why the Middleport Legion-sponsored 128 team is now making it's home in Racine? The Racine field is really out-of-the-way for a county-based team. It seems that Meigs would have been a much better choice for a lot of reasons. Will this decision negatively impact the kids coming out due to field quality and proximics?

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

Good point bobcat. Also, will scheduling the field be a problem? Don't they use Star Mill for the summer youth leagues? The field at Meigs is not really used in the summer.

buckeyenut
Waterboy

Post by buckeyenut »

I definitely agree with the last two posts. This is going to be a huge inconvenience for everyone who doesn't live in Racine, which is on the eastern-most border of the county. It's not like gas is $4 a gallon, though, so I guess it's ok. Oh wait... ;-) And plus the field itself, unless it has undergone extravagant renovations, is by far the worst in the county. Even Eastern would have been a better choice than Southern, with having installed an in-ground sprinkler/irrigation system and resodding a major portion of the infield. Does Southern even have a grass infield? I know they hadn't for a long time. But I am sure the Racine-based coach has his reasons.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

i believe the base school for the legion post is meigs high school (isn't the legion post in middleport?). that means home games should be played at meigs high school. unless the meigs school refuses to allow the legion to play there (which wouldn't make any sense, being that they have always played there, right?), then it makes little sense to move the games. drive times from mcarthur, gallia, pickerington, lancaster, logan, athens, etc. will be an additional 20 minutes.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

I could care less where they play. I heard they was going to use Racine field for some night games. Syracuse was the home field for many years I think because of the lights. Racine has a new grass infield with crushed brick that looks great, as does Meigs and Eastern fields. All the coaches went to school at Meigs , so I think it is just about the lights. As far as gas goes it is about 4 miles up the road. Like I said I could care less which Meigs County field they play on, they are a Meigs County Team.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

lights and renovations. okay. did not know that. there's another aspect. some of those 6:00 games would certainly be saved with lights.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

true... the lights are a big factor. i know those DHs in the middle of the day were killers in the heat...

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

I thought Coach Haislop and before that Coach Stewart did a great job with this team in getting it to where it is. Will it continue to be as strong this year and in future years under the new leadership of Coach Woods who seems to be a great guy from all accounts?

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

i think it will be a great summer with loads of success... the first tryout is tonight and just hearing of who aregoing to be there, there is definatley not going to be a shortage of pitching...

there is also a great addition to the coaching staff who will be helping with the pitchers...

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Pitching coaches don't get much better than Coach Stewart.

Who's the new addition to the coaching staff?

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

I believe Nick Dettwiller is helping.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Can anyone give me directions from the Barlow area to whatever field they will be playing on for the June 6th game with Bev/Lowell.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Hopper....from Meigs High School to Southern High School it's a heck of a lot more than 4 miles.

Return to “Baseball”