Minford Sectional Champs

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Minford Sectional Champs

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Congratulations to Minford on their 3rd consecutive sectional championship. Nice, convincing 13-4 win over Ironton. Ironton's sole offense was a grand slam after a Minford error that would have ended the inning. Otherwise, not much offense by the Tigers. Johnson and Farmer went yard for the Falcons, with Farmer picking up the win. Minford moves to 22-5 on the season.

Nice to see the Ironton coach having a talk with one of his players who showed unsportsmanlike conduct on a few occasions tonight, including throwing his bat after being called out on strikes. Attitude problem for real.

Next game is the District Semi-Final against Unioto Thursday in Athens. Good luck Falcons!
Last edited by RogueWarrior1965 on Sun May 18, 2008 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

thenino
Freshman Team

Re: Minford Sectional Champs

Post by thenino »

Congrats on the Falcons on the Sectional Championship! Wish that I could have made it out.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:Congratulations to Minford on their 3rd consecutive sectional championship. Nice, convincing 13-4 win over Ironton. Ironton's sole offense was a grand slam after a Minford error that would have ended the inning. Otherwise, not much offense by the Tigers. Johnson and Farmer went yard for the Falcons, with Farmer picking up the win. Minford moves to 22-5 on the season.

Nice to see the Ironton coach having a talk with one of his players who showed unsportsmanlike conduct on a few occasions tonight, including throwing his bat after being called out on strikes. Attitude problem for real.

Next game is the District Semi-Final against Unioto Thursday in Athens. Good luck Falcons!

Let me guess, really big kid that I think plays 3rd base? If it's who I think it is he has been like that since Jr. League Baseball.

Congrats to the Falcons on the win and good luck against Unioto.

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

^^^ He was playing Catcher today, but yes, I cannot blame the coach for pulling him outta the line-up, he was also talking smack to the Minford batters and his own team when errors were made. Not Ironton’s style at all, our apologies to Minford. BTW, awesome field, seating and a real friendly staff and community, total class out there and we'll work on him so it doesn't happen again.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Derf_W wrote:^^^ He was playing Catcher today, but yes, I cannot blame the coach for pulling him outta the line-up, he was also talking smack to the Minford batters and his own team when errors were made. Not Ironton’s style at all, our apologies to Minford. BTW, awesome field, seating and a real friendly staff and community, total class out there and we'll work on him so it doesn't happen again.

Nice move by the coach and I think the Minford fans know that is not Ironton's style, but it certainly draws negative attention to your team. Good luck with dealing with that issue as I think BurgGrad is correct. Thanks for the kudos and we'll see you next year I am sure.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Unioto beat Wellston 10-0

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

bengalfan76 wrote:Unioto beat Wellston 10-0

Thanks for the clarification. I had listed Minford as playing Unioto first, then I received an e-mail with the Div III bracket from the Southeast Ohio District Athletic Board showing Wellston had won.

Congratulations to Unioto on the win and the Sectional Championship.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Unioto is 7-18, but don't let the record fool you. ZT and Unioto play the toughest non-league schedules in the SVC. This game will be close.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Non league schedule is
Circleville DH
WCH DH
Hillsboro
Logan Elm
Bishop Ready
Waverly

There is a couple good teams on there.lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bengalfan- You forgot Dublin Jerome, who is in the District Semi's in the D1 Central District. If I recall, that was a pretty close ballgame.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yard for the Falcons, with Farmer picking up the win. Minford moves to 22-5 on the season.

What grade is this player? Senior? Junior?

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Good luck to the Falcon squad on thursday at the district-semis!Bring us home a win boys!!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
RogueWarrior1965 wrote:Congratulations to Minford on their 3rd consecutive sectional championship. Nice, convincing 13-4 win over Ironton. Ironton's sole offense was a grand slam after a Minford error that would have ended the inning. Otherwise, not much offense by the Tigers. Johnson and Farmer went yard for the Falcons, with Farmer picking up the win. Minford moves to 22-5 on the season.

Let me guess, really big kid that I think plays 3rd base? If it's who I think it is he has been like that since Jr. League Baseball.

Congrats to the Falcons on the win and good luck against Unioto.

I think this could have alot to do with why they finished 6-20 this season.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Congrats to Minford on the win. I would have been there but I had Reds tickets.

honesty
Waterboy

Post by honesty »

Bleeding Red wrote:

i was told he was a freshman...but i may be wrong on that one?

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

Bleeding Red wrote:yard for the Falcons, with Farmer picking up the win. Minford moves to 22-5 on the season.

Junior

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Maybe they should consider not letting this kid play next year for the greater good of the team if this is the kind of behavior that he consistently displays. Let him know NOW that any more signs of this behavior will justify him not being part of next year's team.

More coaches need to put their foot down and not get ran over by their own players. By the look of the comments made this isnt a first time offense and has been going on for a long time.

Thats just my opinion.

Return to “Baseball”