Portsmouth Post 23 Roster

Lance42732
Waterboy

Portsmouth Post 23 Roster

Post by Lance42732 »

The following players have been selected to play for the Portsmouth Post 23 American Legion baseball Senior and Junior teams in 2008:

Players selected are to report for practice at 5:00 p.m. at Valley High School. Parents are asked to be at the practice if possible for an orientation meeting. Players are to bring a state certified birth certificate (not a Xerox copy).

Post 23 Senior team begins its 2008 season this weekend with a trip to Chillicothe and to Buckhannon, West Virginia.

Players are listed by school:

Valley- Evan Richard, Zach Bukiewicz, Tony Corns, Tim Ottens.

Wheelersburg- Adam Wamsley, Bryan White, Daniel Armstrong, Nick Kemper, Caleb Leach, Bryce Hall, Austin Hall,Dakota Luster, Jared Timberlake, Drew Parsley.

Portsmouth- Alex Coakley, John Harcha.

Minford- Aaron Oesch, Jared Farmer, Shaun Cook.

South Webster- Ryan McAlister, Justin Montgomery, Wes Loop, Brice Patterson.

Portsmouth West- Alfie Bricker, Travis Journey.

Notre Dame- Aaron Noel, Tyler Noel, Brock Hannah.

Green- Randy Ratcliff, Matt Ratcliff.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth Post 23 Roster

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Is this 2 teams, or are all those on one team?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

wow,looks like burg has their entire team in there :shock: .

I ask on the other thread if Alex Coakley was the new kid trying out for Portsmouth, looks as if that was the case.

lots of good players on there

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

biggdowgg, the first 5 from Burg will play on the senior roster and the others will make up the junior team. We have 3 boys playing elsewhere this summber. Hopper and Elliott will be playing in Columbus and Brown will be going back to Dayton.

Its a shame no one from East or Northwest even bothered to try out for the team. Best of luck to Post 23 this year. Coaches Branon, Davis and Bergan are all quality men to with our young men during the summer.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

biggdowgg, the first 5 from Burg will play on the senior roster and the others will make up the junior team. We have 3 boys playing elsewhere this summber. Hopper and Elliott will be playing in Columbus and Brown will be going back to Dayton.

I thought OHSAA rules limited out of season teams to 4 players from the same team?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Mike I diddnt know theyhad two teams,,,I wasnt complaing that burg had so many, just seen the big numbers they had...I know it is hard to get kids to come out for this now a days.

back in the day post23 was one of the best teams around for a long time...thats when ALL the kids in the county loved the game of baseball, and you would only see two to three kids from each school in the entire county.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Hammerdown wrote
i can't believe josh myers from portsmouth did not try out.

I think Meyers is hurt and will be having surgery.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Josh missed the last two baseball games with a sports Hernia, and was to be out for 6 weeks as of last week.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Did everyone who tried out make the team or were some players cut?

brosat
Waterboy

Post by brosat »

not everyone made the team

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

all political

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Looks like it will be a great team. You guys are lucky you got your tryouts in with Wheelersburg still playing. Did those players try out or were they returning players?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

biggdowgg, I didnt take it as a complaint. I just wanted to give you the breakdown of the team.

Armstrong, Wamsley, Kemper, Leach and White all played for Post 23 last year. They were not allowed to try out because Wheelersburg is still playing but they did have to show up at one of the try outs to make their intentions known about playing this season.

For those of you who do not know, once a student enters the 7th grade, they fall under the jurisdiction of the OHSAA rules.

Good luck to Post 23 this season.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Yep. July 6th @ Greenup starting at 1:30 an its a DH

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i seen 2 names not there from burg d.cook and j.russell 2 very good players ? 8)

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Dustin is too old to play for the Legion team this year by about 10 days. Jordan will be playing with a travel team out of Chillicothe this summer. Matt Harcha did not try out this year. I spoke with his father and he said that Matt was going to work this summer since he will be going to OSU this fall. Justin Craft and Kylon Crabtree both played last year on 23, just finished their first year of college but are not playing this year. People do not realize the amount of time invested in playing a Legion season as well as out of pocket expenses. The Post has been very generous in picking up the room tab when we are out of town but money for food comes from the players or parents.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Dustin will be playing for the Chillicothe Capitals College wood bat team.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Due to playing time Jordan choose Chillicothe over post 23. He's going to get to play with his friends from Adena, Zane Trace, Unioto, Waverly, Chillicothe, should be a great team.
Last edited by burggrad82 on Tue May 27, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

2 arms going to be missed,did not realize that you could play h.s. ball and be to old for legion ball?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

alabama mike wrote:Dustin is too old to play for the Legion team this year by about 10 days. Jordan will be playing with a travel team out of Chillicothe this summer. Matt Harcha did not try out this year. I spoke with his father and he said that Matt was going to work this summer since he will be going to OSU this fall. Justin Craft and Kylon Crabtree both played last year on 23, just finished their first year of college but are not playing this year. People do not realize the amount of time invested in playing a Legion season as well as out of pocket expenses. The Post has been very generous in picking up the room tab when we are out of town but money for food comes from the players or parents.

I was under the Impression, "the Judge" was making all 3 of the boys work some hard nosed construction job this summer before they all went off to Ohio State...could it be John is the smartest of the 2 and figured out a way to avoid this? :twisted: :twisted:

he knows Dad is hard...but he also klnoiws dad,,,loves the game 8) :lol:

Return to “Baseball”