2009 TVC baseball

Poo Bear
SEOP

2009 TVC baseball

Post by Poo Bear »

Guys get me up to date on the TVC...who are the players, teams to watch??...the addition of Athens should make the league tougher...Ive been away from baseball to long and am outa touch.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Re: 2009 TVC baseball

Post by Yossarian »

In the Ohio Meigs should be considered the favorite since they are two time defending champs until someone beats them. The Ohio should be fun to watch since Athens will be strong, Wellston is always solid, Belpre will also be good, and a young and coming Alex should also be a contender. The Hocking should be between Fed, Eastern, and Southern again.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Athens will be very strong and I look for them to win the league.

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

Belpre will be very tough this year with 3 of their 4 all TVC honorees. Also returning 1st team all-district FRESHMAN Tyler Watkins

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

I know Athens will be good this year. I also think Fed should do well by returning all but 2 starters. (Gandee & McCune)

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

I can't wait to see how the addition of Athens in the Ohio Division plays out. But I think Coach Grimm & company keep on winning TVC titles for a few more years. Alexander usually fields a strong team along with Vinton. Wellston will also be much improved this season & you can never count out Belpre who has slumped over the course of the TVC but make good playoff runs year in & year out.

The Hocking is always an exciting baseball league with 3-4 teams fighting for the title since the 2000's. Fed Hock of course has to be the front-runner, with Eastern, Southern & Trimble in the mix for 2nd-4th & possibly contending for the crown.

Who lost big to graduation last year & who are going to be the stars this season for each team?

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

southern should be able to contend for the hocking title....yeah the loss of ryan chapman, wes riffle, and butch marnhout will hurt but this year with the possible return of harris the pitching staff should be close to the same as the previous couple years...the offence is going to have to manufacture runs!!!!

mainetime
Waterboy

Post by mainetime »

I'd look for Trimble to be better than they have been the past couple years.
The returning seniors should lead the team, and the freshman class has a group of very good players that have been playing together for quite some time. Don't count them out of anything.

tpbuckman06
Waterboy

Post by tpbuckman06 »

I agree with s&w....pitching is gonna be key for Southerns success!

achilles_1
Waterboy

Post by achilles_1 »

I also agree with s&w 7. Southern will go as far as the pitching goes. The defense will be strong, the offense will play small ball. They'll be a strong team this year, if the pitching steps up.

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

Look for Belpre to win the TVC Ohio Division

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

I think Alex will be pretty strong this year. Their JV team last year was pretty awesome. Think they might have only lost one game. Look for several of those kids to move up since the Varsity team lost so many last year to graduation. Good luck Spartans

grasshopper
Waterboy

Post by grasshopper »

i look for southern to have one of the best infields in the league this year and all a very strong hitting core and as always southern will be "on the hop"

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Alex should compete more than last year, but I still think they are a year away from being the team to beat. The darkhorse every year seems to be Meigs. You never here much about them, but they always have a lot of really good baseball players. The addition of Athens this season will make things very interesting as they have a strong tradition of great baseball as well. The Ohio division will be fun to watch.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

i think the tomcats will be more competitive than they were the past 2 yrs, and think there are a couple freshman who can possibly crack the varsity lineup this season.

eagle7
Riding the Bench

Post by eagle7 »

Belpre will be pretty solid they have John lougue Ashton Packard Tyler Watkins Markie Tate and Clay ullman coming back
and about 2 or 3 good freshman that should make the team

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I agree with The Number 1 Donkey. Until someone steps up and beats Meigs, they will always be the favorite (just like Nelsonville in football and Vinton Co. in basketball). Coach Grimm is establishing something very special at Meigs and I really hope it continues for many many years. It's just too bad that some of the money being raised by the Meigs Enrichment Foundation can't go to build a new baseball diamond to go with the new football complex. That would look really nice beside the new football stadium.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

FrozenRope9 wrote: It's just too bad that some of the money being raised by the Meigs Enrichment Foundation can't go to build a new baseball diamond to go with the new football complex. That would look really nice beside the new football stadium.

Agree 100%..But the improvements to this field over the past 7-8 years are remarkable! Good playing surface nowadays& I love the new open dugouts!..Just a shame how many foulballs & homeruns are lost!..That is my only gripe about this field!..

Meigs has to be the favorite but I can't wait to see how Athens impacts this Ohio Division!!..Should be fun to watch!

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Meigs' mound needs a little work to it and left field seems to hold a lot of water...other than that I like it.

Return to “Baseball”