Michael Estep Wheelersburg
Ron Allen Zane Trace
Ed Yates Adena
Jason Wright Oak Hill

LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: TOP 5 COACHES (SE) Ohio

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Its amazing the job that Michael has done at Wheelersburg. Great Coach!

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

Dean Schuler/Valley, Michael Estep/Burg, Jeff Noble/Waverly, Ed Yates/Adena, Rich Corvin/Gallia Academy, and Tim Martin/Minford are names that come to mind.
Last edited by BadVlad27 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ron Allen for sure.

Chris Veidt does a very good job at Whiteoak.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

there are a lot of good coaches in baseball.
Last edited by nice guy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

2blue4u
Waterboy

Post by 2blue4u »

GAHS player numbers are extremely low for a reason, and its not because they hate baseball.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

2blue4u wrote:GAHS player numbers are extremely low for a reason, and its not because they hate baseball.

So tell us what the problem is......... You have a great coach.
I dont remember hearing too much about Gallia Academy baseball until recently.

Some people cant get out of their own way.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Coach Estep-Burg
Coach Martin Minford
Coach Schuler-Valley

The players are so fortunate to have these fine coaches to learn from.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

bengalfan76 wrote:
2blue4u wrote:GAHS player numbers are extremely low for a reason, and its not because they hate baseball.

So tell us what the problem is......... You have a great coach.
I dont remember hearing too much about Gallia Academy baseball until recently.

Some people cant get out of their own way.
Sounds like 2blue4u has an axe to grind.

Bengalfan is exactly correct.

Air Force I
Waterboy

Post by Air Force I »

Coach Estep-Burg
Coach Martin-Minford
Coach Schuler-Valley

This list is in no particular order. Every spring, there is always talk about who is going to win the SOC. You always hear about 3 programs.....Minford, Valley, and Wheelersburg. I am no longer around the area but I enjoy getting on to read the posts and latest topics. Something that I know I will always hear a lot of are the programs I just mentioned above. Whether its Coach Schuler, Coach Martin, or Coach Estep, you know that these 3 teams will be ready to play when that first pitch is thrown. The coaches listed above are the creme of the crop in my opinion. Each contribute so much to each program at their respected school and they are very respected from coaches in their conference, and coaches in the state. When you look at each program, and see how they conduct themselves on and off the field, you know that they are taught every aspect of the game from these coaches. Coach Schuler and Coach Martin have both been around for quite a while. They know the game, they teach the game, and they put so much time and effort into the game. They have not only helped out players from their own teams, but players from other schools as well. These two coaches have had an opportunity to impact many young men, not just in the game of baseball but in life as well. If I had to pick a top coach though, it would probably be Coach Estep at this point. If you look at what he has done over the past 10 years at Wheelersburg you realize how great of a coach he is, and how much he is respected as an individual. Yes, he has probably had one of the most dominant programs in the SOC over the past several years and arguably in southeast Ohio, possibly even the state. He has led his team to Columbus 3 out of the past 4 years. The records, the teams, the players, the success his program has had over the past 9-10 years is impressive. He gets the most out of his program and it seems to me like those young men enjoy playing for him.

All three of these coaches have contributed so much to their programs. The young men that play on these teams don't realize how blessed they are to have a head coach like one of these three men. Each year, no matter how "down" their programs may be, you can still count that they will be in the hunt for that conference championship. I'm sure it will be no different this year. I am sure they have the winter workouts scheduled, they have the guys excited for the season and they will start as soon as they can to get the most out of their boys for the upcoming season. It was always fun watching these 3 men coach because you can tell how much they love the game and how much they have invested in the game and lives of others. I would take any of these 3 men for a coach. Good luck men, and keep up the hard work. It will pay off in the end.

jervin
Freshman Team

Post by jervin »

Dont Forget Gibby from Athens

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If there is a sport in the SE District that is loaded with great coaches, it's definitely baseball. You could make a top 5 with the SOC and SVC each and good coaches would be left out still! The SVC is loaded top to bottom with very good coaches.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Air Force I wrote:Coach Estep-Burg
Coach Martin-Minford
Coach Schuler-Valley

This list is in no particular order. Every spring, there is always talk about who is going to win the SOC. You always hear about 3 programs.....Minford, Valley, and Wheelersburg. I am no longer around the area but I enjoy getting on to read the posts and latest topics. Something that I know I will always hear a lot of are the programs I just mentioned above. Whether its Coach Schuler, Coach Martin, or Coach Estep, you know that these 3 teams will be ready to play when that first pitch is thrown. The coaches listed above are the creme of the crop in my opinion. Each contribute so much to each program at their respected school and they are very respected from coaches in their conference, and coaches in the state. When you look at each program, and see how they conduct themselves on and off the field, you know that they are taught every aspect of the game from these coaches. Coach Schuler and Coach Martin have both been around for quite a while. They know the game, they teach the game, and they put so much time and effort into the game. They have not only helped out players from their own teams, but players from other schools as well. These two coaches have had an opportunity to impact many young men, not just in the game of baseball but in life as well. If I had to pick a top coach though, it would probably be Coach Estep at this point. If you look at what he has done over the past 10 years at Wheelersburg you realize how great of a coach he is, and how much he is respected as an individual. Yes, he has probably had one of the most dominant programs in the SOC over the past several years and arguably in southeast Ohio, possibly even the state. He has led his team to Columbus 3 out of the past 4 years. The records, the teams, the players, the success his program has had over the past 9-10 years is impressive. He gets the most out of his program and it seems to me like those young men enjoy playing for him.

All three of these coaches have contributed so much to their programs. The young men that play on these teams don't realize how blessed they are to have a head coach like one of these three men. Each year, no matter how "down" their programs may be, you can still count that they will be in the hunt for that conference championship. I'm sure it will be no different this year. I am sure they have the winter workouts scheduled, they have the guys excited for the season and they will start as soon as they can to get the most out of their boys for the upcoming season. It was always fun watching these 3 men coach because you can tell how much they love the game and how much they have invested in the game and lives of others. I would take any of these 3 men for a coach. Good luck men, and keep up the hard work. It will pay off in the end.
Great Post couldn't have said it better- Go Burg!!!

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

I think Chris Veidt of Whiteoak definitely dererves to be mentioned. They are competitive every year and he has built a nice program over the years.

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

Dean Shuler Valley
Gene Bumgardner Piketon
Jason Wright Oak Hill
Tim Martin Minford

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

svcfanatic wrote:Dean Shuler Valley
Gene Bumgardner Piketon
Jason Wright Oak Hill
Tim Martin Minford
I appreciate the vote of confidence but in no way should I be considered in the top 5.

There are some great coaches in SE Ohio.
Shuler Valley
Martin Minford
Estep Burg
VIeght White Oak.
Taylor Unioto
Gibson Athens
Yates Adena
Allen Zane Trace
Bunty Fed Hock
Wright Oak Hill
Corvin Gallia
Noble Waverly
these gentlemen all are great teachers of the games, great mentors, and great coaches
Last edited by bengalfan76 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trojanfan14
Waterboy

Post by Trojanfan14 »

Doug Poage from Portsmouth when he was coaching. Always did great with the kids.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren's coach needs to be on there--is it still Mark Farr??????

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

noreply66 wrote:Warren's coach needs to be on there--is it still Mark Farr??????
Mark Farr has been Warren's coach for the past 2 seasons and with the program for 4.

SportsFanatic
Waterboy

Post by SportsFanatic »

A lot of great coaches have been mentioned...esp. Shuler, Estep, Martin. I think Judd Johnson at Peebles can be placed in this group. He's coached there for probably 10-12 years now and has had some good teams, a few sectional titles and a district championship.

Return to “Baseball”