Symmes Valley wins district championship!

johndeere
Riding the Bench

Symmes Valley wins district championship!

Post by johndeere »

Hatfield pitched the game of his life in a 2 hit shutout against trimble, SV Won 10-0 in 5 Innings. Cody Bland Crushed a 400 Ft Homer on Rio's College Field, Congrats to Trimble on a great season, Way to go Vikes!!! Good Job Boys

nerkfan
JV Team

Re: Symmes Valley wins district championship!

Post by nerkfan »

Good luck against Toronto next Thursday in Lancaster.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

bland also crushed our 2nd baseman. 10 run lead in the top of 5th and he throws a forearm on him while being tagged out. classy!!!! fans also taunting base coach. I have never posted a negative comment before but this was too much. South Webster and ISJ both lost with more class than SV won with tonight. Also the chants of" football ,football" after the game was a good idea. suit em up

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Sounds to me like some folks from Trimble love to dish it out, but hate to be on the receiving end. Sore losers are the worst.

chapit
Waterboy

Post by chapit »

Come on DAD....Bland was running the baseline and the boy was in the baseline...I have watched the SV ball club for many, many years and they are a class act ball club!!

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

I dont mind losing. they were the better team. We have done our share of losing and I can say we showed class in our losses, and if not for the lack of class shown there tonight nothing would have been said. Go back and look through every one of my posts and you wont find a negative one anywhere whether we won or lost.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

maybe some of them, chi chi. some of them asked if he was ok. I know the 3rd baseman did, but most just laughed. he was not in the baseline, he fielded the ball and stepped up to tag. the boy should have been ejected.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

on a positive note for SV, Hatfield was awesome.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Well Tomcatdad, I am glad the seniors were able to have some success in their final season. The very good freshman class for Trimble has seen what it takes now to get to the next level. There are great parents involved with that group of kids. I don't want to jinx them, but it won't be long until they are playing at a level that will win them many games and be a tough out for any who play against them. Congrats to Symmes Valley on the win. For Trimble, keep working to get better. The skies the limit for you guys.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

I agree. I also hope SV wins it all so we can say we were beat by the best, just didnt like what happened.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Symmes Valley will play against?

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

I'm sure the Trimble Seniors will be missed. The Tomcats are losing a lot with them.
Good luck seniors and good luck to the new team next year.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Symmes Valley will play against?

Toronto

vikingfan1
Waterboy

Post by vikingfan1 »

Yeah Baby!

Go Vikings

Funyon2209
Waterboy

Post by Funyon2209 »

Go Vikings!
:-D Take it all the way!

earp
S

Post by earp »

I know Toronto is right by Stuebenville!This should be a solid team the Vall will play!

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

toronto will win

vikingmom
Waterboy

Post by vikingmom »

Ok, I was at the game at Rio when we beat Trimble and the reason our boys didn't get overly involved in the situation at second was because we do not encourage conflict. The entire group of spectators along the fence on Trimble's side began yelling and cursing at the refs before the play was even over! Our boys have a little more respect than to mouth back at adults even when those adults are being rediculous. I was standing next to the fence (on the SV side) and saw the play. Cody tried to slow down before colliding with the second baseman but he was moving too fast. It is not so easy for a 220 lb kid to stop on a dime! The 2nd baseman took two steps forward into the baseline. It was no one's fault. Oh, and the baserunner for Trimble that tried to plow SV's firstbaseman over at the bottom of the 5th, that was real classy too.

Cograts SV for a great season and good luck in Lancaster:)

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

you might want to take a look at the pics that were taken of the play at second and tell me that the kid did not throw a forearm???

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

Looks to me like Bland was trying to avoid the tag and the 2nd baseman ran into him. That's part of the game. Bland is a big kid.... you run into him and your going to bounce off. I guess some people can't take a loss and move on .

Return to “Baseball”