Piketon 09-10

hbk2016
Varsity

Piketon 09-10

Post by hbk2016 »

Who will be coaching the Streaks next season?

bengalfan76
SE

Re: Piketon 09-10

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^

Do you know something the rest of us do not?

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

who do you think will be coaching???
"Gene Bumgardner," will be coaching he led the streaks to
not bad season, but the best season they've had in a good while.

cooperstown
Riding the Bench

Post by cooperstown »

Gene Bumgardner will be renewed at Piketon. He appears to be the right man at the right time for that program. I can not imagine anyone that was even relatively close to the program not knowing that. Ray Charles could see that with relative ease.

With Gene as the head coach the baseball got better, the program got better, the field got better, the perception got better, the attitude got better, the uniforms got better, and the crowds at the games got better.

When he is renewed, the youth league will get better, the community will support it better, all the district youth baseball coaches will get better and the health of the sport of baseball in our district will suddenly take a turn for the better.

Consider this to be the official renew "THE BUM" now campaign if you like. There is not a better choice for the program right now than Gene Bumgardner.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

cooperstown wrote:Gene Bumgardner will be renewed at Piketon. He appears to be the right man at the right time for that program. I can not imagine anyone that was even relatively close to the program not knowing that. Ray Charles could see that with relative ease.

With Gene as the head coach the baseball got better, the program got better, the field got better, the perception got better, the attitude got better, the uniforms got better, and the crowds at the games got better.

When he is renewed, the youth league will get better, the community will support it better, all the district youth baseball coaches will get better and the health of the sport of baseball in our district will suddenly take a turn for the better.

Consider this to be the official renew "THE BUM" now campaign if you like. There is not a better choice for the program right now than Gene Bumgardner.

exactly i support your statement 100%

643DP
Waterboy

Post by 643DP »

Bum is not only great for Piketon Baseball, but he is great for baseball in Southern Ohio. Have had a chance to be around him quite a bit and he is in the game for the right reason. He is involved to teach the kids the right way to play the game and to respect the game. He cares about the kids. He has done more for baseball in this part of Ohio than anyone else. Thanks Gene for everything. The OHSAA should officially rename "Respect the Game," to "Respect the BUM".

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Why wouldn't you bring Bum back? Piketon Beat Unioto for the first time in 21 yrs. Beat Westfall the first time in 10 yrs. The guy is a good coach. Piketon doesn't realize what they have. Bum has done more for baseball in Southern Ohio than anyone. He started the JH baseball league. He started fall baseball. All of this is to give kids in SE Ohio the same opportunities the kids up north get. He even started a college team in Chillicothe to let kids in SE Ohio come home and play ball. Piketon is fortunate to have a baseball guy that loves the game. If you don't want him send him back to Unioto. We know what we lost!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Wow, are you people are a little radical.

The post was asking if he was coming back next year. I didn't know if someone who works there was going to bid on it. If you work outside the district you are always at risk of getting knocked out.

it is just a game focker! ha!

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

well lets see coach bum is a awesome coach and person and he has made piketon a more well respectable baseball team and trust me he will be around for more years to come.

what exactly is your full name and hbk123?

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Gaylord "Greg" Focker

the hit king
Freshman Team

Post by the hit king »

i believe the streaks beat westfall and zane trace in the same yr under steve chester just a few yrs back. i think they were 8-6 in the svc too.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

hbk123 wrote:Gaylord "Greg" Focker

haha sure and, I'm Robert De Niro! :lol:

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

tjfred wrote:i believe the streaks beat westfall and zane trace in the same yr under steve chester just a few yrs back. i think they were 8-6 in the svc too.

yeah they beat zt a couple years back, but not to sure on the westfall one, i'll have to look that up and find out, and let you know.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Piketon beat Zane Trace in 2005 at Piketon.
I think Piketon went 6-8 in the league that year resulting in Steve Chester being named SVC Coach of the Year.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Thanks for the kind words..... We all know the kids win the games and coaches lose them.lol
I appreciate the opportunity to coach Piketon Baseball. That being said it is my intention to return for as long as the Administration will allow. We all know any coach is only 3 votes away from being dismissed. All I or any coach can do is coach the game. The Piketon Program got better as the season progressed. It is hard with 8 seniors and a new coaching system. Taking nothing away from the former coaches at Piketon as all are friends of mine and good baseball men. The Piketon Community needs to change their mindset that baseball is not a rec. sport or something to do until Football or Basketball summer workouts begin. We worked hard on Establishing that belief in the kids and hope to see the the Fruits this next spring. Kids are expected to play Summer Ball, Fall Ball and lift weights to prepare for the next baseball season. All of this can be done and play both Football and Basketball. Once this belief system is in tact the Piketon Baseball program will begin to see vast improvements.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

piketon administration better renew your contract, because i don't want any other coach in there, to many coaches in the last few years, stick with coach bum and things will happen with time.

the hit king
Freshman Team

Post by the hit king »

i couldn't have said it better coach"bum" good luck bc i tried that 10 yrs ago and it didn't happen. maybe this time it will. it needs to happen if the program is going to get where it needs to go. good luck !!!!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Mean Gene, you need to get TFred on staff.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I agree!

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

yea bring tfred back to piketon, that would be a big help with assistance.

Return to “Baseball”