PORTSMOUTH HAS NEW COACH

Snake
Waterboy

PORTSMOUTH HAS NEW COACH

Post by Snake »

Just got off the phone with the new Coach at Portsmouth... John Tipton will be at the helm once again... The Trojans will be back on top next year... So watch out S.E.O.A.L .
On Portsmouth... On forever more... :lol:

Catch24
JV Team

Re: PORTSMOUTH HAS NEW COACH

Post by Catch24 »

Glad to hear it. Looking forward to coaching against him.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Here's a good stock market tip:

Invest in marshmellows

bullhead
Waterboy

Post by bullhead »

Don't wear your hat backwards and you better sprint on the field and off- If not you will get the full wrath of Coach Tipton- Besides that get ready for a baseball experience you will never forget-

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Best baseball coach I've ever been around. I just hope that he can relate to the kids today. These kids will learn the game like they have never learned before. If he and the kids can coexist then Portsmouth baseball will return to the good old day. Some people will say the kids will just have to handle it or get out. But, ever good coach knows it's a 2 way street and the Coach Tipton I knew had a 1 way street back in the day. Good Luck to Coach Tipton and congratulations.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Has he put in reservations for the Cocoa Expo yet? Get working on selling those candy bars, too!!

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Congratulations to Coach Tipton, and good luck Donna! Talked to the Old Man from Oak Hill last night and he was excited about getting the job. The Weasel is back-lol! No reason why the Trojans don't win 20 games per season from this year forward with Coach Tipton and staff. Red, White, and Blue, 1,2,3 and the ole pick offs with the bat, good luck!

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Better watch that volsfan, don't want to tip off any plays!! Congratulations to John and glad to see him getting back on the diamond. I really learned a lot from him during my time working with him several years ago, that's for sure.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

thats great to hear, a great coach..

any word on who the assistants will be??

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Rumor is Jeff Ramey and Aaron Dumcan. If this is true than trojan baseball is back on the map. I hope this is true for the sake of Trojan baseball.

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

BigTime wrote:Rumor is Jeff Ramey and Aaron Dumcan. If this is true than trojan baseball is back on the map. I hope this is true for the sake of Trojan baseball.

I understand this to be correct, gonna be a great staff and hopefully the players and parents realize what they are getting, I am sure they will. I would love to help out but gonna be occupied with traveling and watching my own for the next 4-5 years, but after that, it would be nice, hopefully. Get these young Trojan baseball players out in the summer playing and ready for spring and get more players at the next level with some schollies too. Go Trojans!

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Tobias wrote:
volsfan wrote:The Weasel is back-lol!

Since you said it first!

:mrgreen:

Ha-ha- I just said what you all where thinking! That weasel looks a little young, can you put a Phillies uni on him and make him look a little older. But on second thought, Tobias, coach knows who you are and you have sons coming up in the Trojan system, so you might not want Tobias Jr to have to run for it-lol!! But if coach told me to run, I prolly would still listen to him and do it-lol! I love him like a dad! And he treated us all like his sons.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Wow, that's great^^^

Bucknut 23, you getting back on the diamond any time soon?

I heard Duncan was for sure, but is it 100% for sure that Ramey is going to be back? He has not confirmed that with me yet, but I kind of thought he was kind of doing a "tip-toe" around it. He was supposed to be back up on the field wearing orange and black when he was able to get back. But, that's fine and I understand. I can't wait to get on the field against these guys.

rufino linares
Waterboy

Post by rufino linares »

What is Coach Tipton's full-time job other than basketball officiating? Also has he or Portsmouth ever won a state championship in baseball? I heard Heller had won 2 states but no verification. If no "states" what is their best season. THANKS

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Catch 24

My days on the diamond have probably passed. It's a full-time gig on the hardwood now. Thanks for asking, though. Hope things are going well for you and the family.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Bucknut 23, Things are going really well. I have 3 little ones now (last one was a boy) and Im finishing up my Master's Degree at UK.

Yeah, I know how it is with basketball for you now. I would love to see you on a baseball field again as Im sure everyone who played for you thinks the same way. It was truly a honor to play for 23 under you during that and I wish I could have had more of it. I was fortunate to play 4 years of college baseball and many, many summer & fall leagues through that time, but the Post 23 baseball experience was a special one for sure. I still can't stand Hillsboro : )

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Portsmouth baseball was loaded with success throughout the entire 80's and early 90's. The Trojans had great talent, but most of this success was attributed to the hard work and tireless effort Coach Tipton put into the program. If he still has the energy and determination today that he once held, the Trojans will be back on top of Southern Ohio baseball.
Great to see AD and the Beav assisting. The kids will definitely need their guidance to help with intense situations which are sure to come. I'm very excited for Portsmouth baseball and hope to see Coach Tipton back for many years.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Could someone please pm me Coach Tipton's contact info?
I need to get in touch with him about a game next year.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

bengalfan, I'll see what I can do. He's in Oak Hill, I can tell you that much.

The Beav huh? I have never heard that : )

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

What happened to your last coach? Dont tell me it was that administration cant coach garbage...If so,when did they change the rule? Wasn't he a principal last school year as well as the coach? Or am I mistaken? Thanks! Best of luck to the new coach!

Return to “Baseball”