Warren-Marietta makeup game still on?

jottings
SEOPS H

Warren-Marietta makeup game still on?

Post by jottings »

Is the Warren-Marietta makup baseball game still on for May 11?

It was to have been a doubleheader back in April, and reset for May 1, but not played. It's the only game that not been played in the league this spring.

EVERYBODY
Riding the Bench

Re: Warren-Marietta makeup game still on?

Post by EVERYBODY »

Still on last I heard. Jottings are you the shorter older gentleman that was with the tall gentleman. If so its nice to put a face with your postings that I enjoy reading.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

I was sitting in a lawn chair almost behind the backstop atop the hill.

I was surprised how big the crowd was. Besides the Warren fans, GAHS had a big following. I had a maroon sweather on the back of my chair, but didn't need it. Other than the wind, a beautiful day for baseball, and one heck of a game.

EVERYBODY
Riding the Bench

Post by EVERYBODY »

Yes the crowd was rather large for both games, and it would be nice if it were like that at all games. With that many people there I was a little worried that a spectator might be injured by a foul ball from either field. I saw several balls go into the crowd behind home plate where you were sitting. Hope you had a hard hat on. It was a good day for a ballgame, the atmosphere, ballplayers just playing their best on both fields, and fans enjoying the compitition. Many things were changing throughout the game, the lead, the momentum, and the umpires minds. I could have watched 7 more innings if there were time. Both teams played well and it's hard to imagine anybody taking a loss, but thats also part of the game. Hope you guys do well in the upcoming tournaments. A MEMORABLE GAME FOR ALL

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

That tall guy I was with before the game started was John Troster's dad.

I got to talke to Dan Laffingwell several minutes before the game. Dan's a great person and was a great coach for Warren several years ago.

Also got to talk to Blaine Maddox before the 7th inning stated. I went down to get some particulars when GAHS exploded for three runs. For one unbelieveable minute, I thought GAHS had a good chance to win the game..It took about five minutes to end that thought.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

haha. Yes, Jottings, the makeup game is still on for 5/11.

Return to “Baseball”