=Thoughts on the NEW .BBCOR Bats=

questionmark
All Conference

=Thoughts on the NEW .BBCOR Bats=

Post by questionmark »

After watching my Junior Varsity play tonight, I think the .BBCor bats just might be the death to extra base hits.

I personally think the bats are not worth the price they were paid for. I just am wondering what the other Coaches/Parents think of these sticks?

Good Bye Longball and Hello Small Ball!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: =Thoughts on the NEW .BBCOR Bats=

Post by danicalifornia »

They still have a sweet spot and are much, much safer. I watched 2 varsity teams lace extra base hits tonight, just no bombs, which is okay.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

the long ball and extra base hits will still be there if you square it up, but all in all I dont like the bats in high school.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

It's going to seperate the good hitters from the great hitters. Great hitters can hit line drives with a broom stick. ;-)

As a coach, I am not that fond of them, but hey, everybody in the country has to use them. The other thing, kids adjust. Two years from now it won't be a problem.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Appears to be ZERO difference between the performance of BBCOR and the performance of wood. I would imagine the greatest (and perhaps only) difference is the length of the sweet spot. Already have heard players contemplating buying four or five birch or maple bats rather than paying the same price for one BBCOR.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Yea, I am recommending Wood over the .BBCOR Metal.

Tomcatdad7
Waterboy

Post by Tomcatdad7 »

Rwalings bats have alot of pop to them. im a player who is using it and it and its one of the better bats out there

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

the z1000 is a pretty good bat and so is nike bats i am also a player and it seems to have decent pop.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Easton xl-1 and s-1 have extreme pop when broke in, also rip it and 5150 look good

Return to “Baseball”