93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

BRACKETS FROM WKKJ:

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: BRACKETS FROM WKKJ:

Post by danicalifornia »

ZT got it stuck to them in D3 East. Wheelersburg might as well have been given a bye into the regionals(which could be said almost every year with that monster program)

Unioto and Fairland did in D2 South as well.

Glad to see D4 get it right with Southern and Valley being the 1 seeds.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not sure where Fairland or Unioto would go ... Ahead of Athens or Gallia?

Athens should have been the No.1 seed IMO ... (15-4) ... Wins over Meigs (16-4), Sheridan (16-5), 6th seeded Marietta (11-9), outscored 7th seeded jackson (12-10) 26-1 in two games, beat Liberty Union (who was 8th in the dispatch coaches poll), outscored Logan 19-0 in two games.

Three losses on the season were all 1-run losses.

Definitly a resume for a No. 1 seed.

Gallia losses to a Meigs team that Athens beat twice???? Losses to a 4-win Portsmouth team??? All of Athens losses were to teams without losing records. Maysville, Sheridan, Lorain, Warren

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Both over Waverly, IMO. Both should have gained a home game. Unioto's lack of games played appears to have hurt them, because even with a loss to a team Unioto shutout twice(ZT) yesterday, Waverly got the nod over them.

I'd be okay with that 2 seed if I were Athens though, Fairfield Union has had a very good season, but is very vulnerable. Plus, they have an extra day off between district games, so they can throw their ace at both levels, something that lower half can't do.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Maybe its just the point of it dani ... Gallia Academy lost three games against the TVC - yet - I'm sure they tried to use the (TVC factor) as an excuse for not giving the No. 1 seed to Athens ... Although only 10 of the Bulldogs games were actually against TVC teams ... So far they are 7-0 in the TVC.

Gallia Academy will have played 7 teams in the TVC by seasons end ... So far they are 3-3.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Unioto should have been at least a #3.
Zane Trace, no doubt, should have been at least the #2.
When you have 7 schools from one conference in your room it is expected though.
ZT's coach told me yesterday at Waverly that they would play Crooksville.
He said the same thing happened last year when they had to play Oak Hill in that same sectional.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm sure they tried to use the (TVC factor) as an excuse for not giving the No. 1 seed to Athens ...
I am thinking those days are likely coming to an end, at least in baseball. I'd like to see the top three or four TVC teams against the top three or four SEOAL teams. The days of the TVC being the ugly stepchild playing second fiddle to the SEOAL are over (in my opinion, of course).

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Yes, Zane Trace got TVC hosed.

Return to “Baseball”