Future of Eastern Pike Baseball

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Future of Eastern Pike Baseball

Post by OneBunter »

Just wondering what thoughts are on the baseball program at Eastern Pike? Last couple of years seems to have been struggle of getting kids involved and keeping them committed. Three years ago had junior high program started, jv team, and varsity, seems to have been heading in the right direction, but what has happened?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Future of Eastern Pike Baseball

Post by a_c_m »

With Eastern being such a small school, it would be hard to field a Junior Varsity and Varsity team. There are very few SOC II teams that have JV. I believe only West, Oak Hill and Wheelersburg had JV as well as Portsmouth. Their is a lot of travel for the JV teams..........Greenup County, Ironton, Rock Hill, Gallipolis, Jackson, Circleville, Piketon, Adena, Unioto, etc. I don't know of any SOC I team that has JV. Try to keep the Junior High program going with a Junior league team in the summer. Wish you the best!

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

It was done three years ago at Eastern and the JV played twelve games!! i think if the kids see the coach is passionate about the game and willing to work with the players it can happen! I have to say the first year Coach Martin was at Eastern, I did not care to much for him, but I will say in the three years he was there he had the kids interested in baseball and had the first JV team in the history of the school, but had no support of the administration. IMO if they would have kept him, it is hard to tell how many kids might have been playing?? He was involved even at the little league program when he could be, and that is where it must start. You have to have feeder programs and the high school coach has to be involved as what is to be taught, so when these kids get to high school the coach does not have to spend time re-teaching or correcting bad habits. Also the Jr. High program is a must so it keeps the kids interest in playing and keeps them on top of their game. If you have the kids freshman through seniors and if you have more than twenty out then you have to have JV team and get them playing experience or you lose them if they just practice then set the bench during varsity games.

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

Should Eastern's administration try and get Coach Martin back???? He had the kids out, more than what I have seen over the last two years!!!!!!!!!!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Did the current coach quit?

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

bengalfan76 wrote:Did the current coach quit?
No. Eastern goes year-to-year contract. They have to do something different, the coach now does not have his heart in baseball! His main job is band and he has done a magnificent job with it!
At least when Coach Martin was there, he had kids out and the interest growing and that is what is needed now. The talent is there and the kids want Martin there,

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

onebunter "coach martin" go talk to the school board about getting your job back.its pretty obvious thats u because every post u have ever made is about martin. anyways posting on here about it isnt gonna get the job back. i bet nobody on the school board even knows what this website is

Eagle12
Freshman Team

Post by Eagle12 »

reds4life wrote:onebunter "coach martin" go talk to the school board about getting your job back.its pretty obvious thats u because every post u have ever made is about martin. anyways posting on here about it isnt gonna get the job back. i bet nobody on the school board even knows what this website is
reds4life

This is Coach Martin replying and to inform you i have talked to the administration and have applied for the baseball job again at Eastern. Now this guy in your post you think is me, well i have no idea who he is and could care less!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

So will you be returning to coach Eastern?

sportsfan........
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan........ »

wow

sportsfan........
Waterboy

WOW

Flatlander1
Waterboy

Post by Flatlander1 »

Would definately be better then what we had the past couple years.

hrosj
Waterboy

Post by hrosj »

i agree with you. i have some obd2 connector

ok the Mixed Bundling is helpful.

Flatlander1
Waterboy

Post by Flatlander1 »

Just curious any word on who got the job or is this some secret. Need to be getting ready for next year, lifting and swinging the bats in the cage.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Word is Art Doll is the new HC

oldschoolwebgem
Waterboy

Post by oldschoolwebgem »

The name sounds familiar.Baseball family????

Flatlander1
Waterboy

Post by Flatlander1 »

What's his credentials, and has he even coached boys at any level, pony league, little league or what? Any?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Flatlander1 wrote:What's his credentials, and has he even coached boys at any level, pony league, little league or what? Any?
Is this true? What is Doll's background?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Onebunter?
Flatlander?
What is going on? Is this official or rumor?

sportsfan........
Waterboy

official

Return to “Baseball”