clay panthers coach?

candystore
Varsity

clay panthers coach?

Post by candystore »

Does the clay panthers have a coach or even any good returning players? Potential?

Jake Lane
JV Team

Re: clay panthers coach?

Post by Jake Lane »

Roger Compton was hired as varsity baseball coach at Clay. From what I hear, the numbers are up and the kids have bought into the program.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

so its just a rumor that there young and will struggle?

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

91blue14 wrote:so its just a rumor that there young and will struggle?
I don't know who the players are, or how good they will be. I just got my info from a parent who said they have more players than last year. It looks like 15-16 solid will make the team.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

They should be decent but they need a better coach. Heard it through a rumor that coach Compton denied Nathan Burchett to be the pitching coach?

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

halftime wrote:They should be decent but they need a better coach. Heard it through a rumor that coach Compton denied Nathan Burchett to be the pitching coach?
You mean just because he didn't hire Burchett he isn't a good coach? I'm laughing at that because Burchett was good, but he was also a "head case" for coach Dixon. I remember a game where he mouthed the coach for taking him out of a game. I don't know everything, but I know you have to have discipline at this level to succeed. We will see what Compton has in store for this group, but I would bet it will be something Clay can be proud of.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

Actually if I do remember correctly Burchett got upset with coach Dixon because he pitched him two days in a row then put him in center field. Now any decent coach would know not to do that. Never said coach Compton wouldn't do good. I hope the best for him and the panthers just didn't understand his reasoning for not hiring him on as a volunteer. So before you go bad mouthing people. Know your facts lol. Hope the best for ya panthers!

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

And to succeed at this level? He played a year of college ball? So where do you get he didn't have discipline? He obviously did or he never would have got signed in the college level! Lol so I'm laughing out loud at you!

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

If I was wrong about Burchett, I appologize. I don't want to make accusations that are unfounded, I was just passing on what I heard that season. I tried to call Compton today to see who is helping, but all I got was answering machine.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Jake---Don't apologize, you are not wrong.

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

I just talked to Compton a little while ago. He said he already had his coaches lined up when he was given a mail from school that Nathan Burchett wanted to help. He said he told him that everybody has to be certified in several different things before they can help. Even volunteers have to do the same stuff. He also said he told Burchett if he wanted to help next year, he wanted to talk to him about that. He flat out said he never refused to hire him.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

You so not have to be certified to be a volunteer!!!!!! No coach in the past at my school that has volunteered has ever even been certified. Jake I may have came off a little rude. Lol I didn't mean it like that! Just speaking my mind no hard feelings!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

state rules you have to be certified and hired by the board education :12222

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

so who is mark rose?

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

Not to volunteer!!!!!! The coach does not have to send it through the board of education to have a volunteer only if your a paid coach. You obviously don't know the rules very well haha. Get your facts straight before you start running your mouth.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

halftime wrote:Not to volunteer!!!!!! The coach does not have to send it through the board of education to have a volunteer only if your a paid coach. You obviously don't know the rules very well haha. Get your facts straight before you start running your mouth.
Halftime, at my school all coaches, volunteers included must be board approved . Also have a bci check, fund of coaching, CPR certified, and sports medicine certified! All coaches! To volunteer it cost money!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Ohsaa requires all coaches both paid and volunteer to be certified and hired by the BOE to be covered by insurance. You can not be on the field without a state number verifying certification. Go read ohsaa.org coaching rules

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

91blue14 wrote:so who is mark rose?
bengalfan76 wrote:Ohsaa requires all coaches both paid and volunteer to be certified and hired by the BOE to be covered by insurance. You can not be on the field without a state number verifying certification. Go read ohsaa.org coaching rules
I just want to step in here to clear up what my athletic director told me was amusing to him. My name is Roger Compton, I'm the new baseball coach at Clay. 1. Mark Rose is our A.D. and has helped me a ton with my job as coach. 2. I have 3 assistants, all of which have to have all the same certification as I do, none can do anything without the certification and BOE approval. 3. I haven't spoken directly to Nathan Burchett, I only replied to an email that was forwarded to me from the school. I told him that I would like to talk to him about helping next year, but I have this season's staff complete. I hope this helps clear up any questions anyone may have. I am enjoying a great group of young men doing their best to get Clay back to being competitive for this season. If anyone has a question, or just wants to talk Panther baseball, feel free to call. My number is in the book.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

Thanks for the information coach Compton! Our school must not abide the rules lol but best of luck to you and the panthers this year. Hope you can turn everything around out there. Sorry for all the arguments! GOOD LUCK!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

thanks for the info

Return to “Baseball”