2015 TVC - Ohio Baseball

gametime
SE

2015 TVC - Ohio Baseball

Post by gametime »

What teams will be contenders? Who has what coming back?

2014 Results: (league record *)
1st - Alexander (9-1)
2nd - Meigs (7-3)
3rd - Athens / Wellston (6-4) - split
5th - Nelsonville-York (2-8)
6th - Vinton County (0-10)

* from http://www.trivalleyconference.com

BlizzardMan
S

Re: 2015 TVC - Ohio Baseball

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs will take the league this year. Look for Wellston and Alex to battle for second.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Athens returns the Entire Team...
11 Seniors will return...

Athens Baseball doesn't like having the Baseball League Championship in someone elses hands...

Beware of the Dog!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens will add a baseball banner to this years collection as well

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

What BlizzardMan said ^^^^^ Meigs.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Double-
You really think Athens will finish lower than Second?

Return the Entire team that include Two Pitchers who threw No-No's and a Sophomore stud Pitcher...

Ryan Luehrman may win both Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year...

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

questionmark wrote:Double-
You really think Athens will finish lower than Second?

Return the Entire team that include Two Pitchers who threw No-No's and a Sophomore stud Pitcher...

Ryan Luehrman may win both Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year...
questionmark, I was referring to his prediction on Meigs overall only and not how the remaining teams round out the top 3 or so. Athens would I think be a lock for no lower than second and obviously could very well win it outright based on what you mentioned above. Only saw Athens once last year and Meigs and Alexander a couple times so my prognostication lol is not based on a lot of information. You are much more familiar with the TVC than I am obviously. I thought Meigs had some nice players, hit the ball well and had a lot returning as well.

Do you know if Athens and Jackson have a non-league game this spring or are we completely off each others schedule now?

5 more week to official practice...spring getting close.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Received some information today that is not good for Meigs. Not only is Ty Phelps out, Michael Davis is not playing. Not sure I can stick to that prediction.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

BlizzardMan wrote:Received some information today that is not good for Meigs. Not only is Ty Phelps out, Michael Davis is not playing. Not sure I can stick to that prediction.
Ok, I will be a bandwagon sort of guy and jump on the A-train as the TVC favorite for 2015 baseball season given the above information lol.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Knowing Michael and his family, I know that boy has really put in the time for improving his Football Skills...
He really wants to play Football at the next level, and I wonder if that was his reason...

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

BlizzardMan wrote:Received some information today that is not good for Meigs. Not only is Ty Phelps out, Michael Davis is not playing. Not sure I can stick to that prediction.
Yes Ty Phelps is out...but as soon as the season starts Michael Davis will be playing. Meigs will be at the top of the TVC Ohio this year, They still have excellent pitching in Cameron Mattox (Shutout Athens last year) Chase Whitlach, Luke Musser, Cody Bartrum (all 3 were Freshmen last year and will be much approved) And most likely Freshman Christian Mattox will likely see some mound time (Cameron's little brother)

Look for big things from Meigs Baseball the next several years!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

questionmark wrote:Knowing Michael and his family, I know that boy has really put in the time for improving his Football Skills...
He really wants to play Football at the next level, and I wonder if that was his reason...
Yes that is his reason. He's a good kid and I wish him the best. Sometimes you have to do what's best for you. He's just ready to put some heavy work in the weight room and improve his speed. Wish him nothing but the best.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:
Yes Ty Phelps is out...but as soon as the season starts Michael Davis will be playing. Meigs will be at the top of the TVC Ohio this year, They still have excellent pitching in Cameron Mattox (Shutout Athens last year) Chase Whitlach, Luke Musser, Cody Bartrum (all 3 were Freshmen last year and will be much approved) And most likely Freshman Christian Mattox will likely see some mound time (Cameron's little brother)

They will be fine, but Michael brings a lot defensively and at the top of the lineup. Hope for a great season.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Coach_K wrote:

They will be fine, but Michael brings a lot defensively and at the top of the lineup. Hope for a great season.
It be nice to have a good catcher that would allow Michael to be in the Outfield.....You put Michael, Ray Johnson and Christian Mattox in the Outfield and I don't see how a ball would even drop....Talk about Speed....lol

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Spartans dominate the ohio again

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Alexander Hitman wrote:Spartans dominate the ohio again
Gonna be some good games, but not gonna happen!!!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Since the Addition of Athens into the OHIO...

Athens (55 - 8 )
Meigs (43 - 21)
Alexander (41 - 23)
Wellston (27 - 37)
Nelsonville-York (14 - 50)
Vinton County (9 - 55)

*Belpre (14 - 10) Part on OHIO in 2009-10
*River Valley join for 2015 Season

Alexander has come no where close to dominating...
Athens Baseball has Won 4 of 6 League Championships...
Meigs Won in 2011 and has the 2nd Best League Record...
Alexander Won in 2014 and has the 3rd Best League Record...

Those 3 Teams should make for another fun Baseball Season all Lead by some great Baseball Coaches (Ath-Stewart, Meigs-Bissell and Alex-Grigsby).

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Doubleplay--

Athens does play Jackson this year twice...
At Jackson early and At Athens late...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens wins it

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

Alexander Hitman wrote:Spartans dominate the ohio again
Black Softball Pants