Southern

G.W.A.
All Conference

Southern

Post by G.W.A. »

Who is going to coach the 7 times in a row district champions next season? I just heard the current coach is leaving the district for an admin job up the river in washington county.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Southern

Post by Steely Dan »

G.W.A. wrote:Who is going to coach the 7 times in a row district champions next season? I just heard the current coach is leaving the district for an admin job up the river in washington county.
If there's enough talent left in the cupboard to win another district championship this upcoming season, you should get some qualified candidates to apply. That is, if they don't mind being the bridesmaid to Newark Catholic. :lol: :mrgreen: I'm just kidding. Good luck in your quest for a new skipper.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

No shame in loseing to the catholics again and again and again. Every small school from the southeast area gets put out every year by catholics whenever they have a deep tourney run in all sports.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

G.W.A. wrote:No shame in loseing to the catholics again and again and again. Every small school from the southeast area gets put out every year by catholics whenever they have a deep tourney run in all sports.
Except the Eastern girls basketball team ...

:mrgreen:

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

93Bulldog wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:No shame in loseing to the catholics again and again and again. Every small school from the southeast area gets put out every year by catholics whenever they have a deep tourney run in all sports.
Except the Eastern girls basketball team ...

:mrgreen:

Again, I somehow knew you were gona say that. I meant boys sports.

Ryan Lemley
Waterboy

Post by Ryan Lemley »

I did resign at Southern to accept an administrative position at Warren. Southern is a great place to coach and teach; whoever my replacement is will be stepping into a great situation. Next Season the team will once again be very strong and the program has some nice young players coming in. All games that I scheduled for next season have been passed on to the AD at Southern and will be played as scheduled. A big “thank you” to all those who made my 11 years as the baseball coach so enjoyable! I wish you continued success.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

good luck to you from south gallia :mrgreen:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Coach Lemley, congrats on the new job and congrats on 11 great years at SHS. Good luck in your new endeavor. Happy also to hear that the games you scheduled will still be played. The Aces are looking forward to a trip to Star Mill Park.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ryan Lemley wrote:I did resign at Southern to accept an administrative position at Warren. Southern is a great place to coach and teach; whoever my replacement is will be stepping into a great situation. Next Season the team will once again be very strong and the program has some nice young players coming in. All games that I scheduled for next season have been passed on to the AD at Southern and will be played as scheduled. A big “thank you” to all those who made my 11 years as the baseball coach so enjoyable! I wish you continued success.
Did you just say Warren????

And to think I kind of liked you coach ... :mrgreen:

Just kidding ... congrats on the new job ... hopefully the new coach at Southern will continue the great success the Tornadoes have had on the field.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Who is going to be the new coach?

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

G.W.A. wrote:Who is going to be the new coach?

Someone who doesn't care about failing. Southern pitching has finally ran dry after seven years. Whoever takes this job is not going to look good after the past success and lack of stud pitchers. Good luck to whoever takes it.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:

Someone who doesn't care about failing. Southern pitching has finally ran dry after seven years. Whoever takes this job is not going to look good after the past success and lack of stud pitchers. Good luck to whoever takes it.

Next years team has some really good pitchers returning. The spring of 2015 will be the real test.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

G.W.A. wrote:
Fred G. Sanford wrote:

Next years team has some really good pitchers returning. The spring of 2015 will be the real test.

Who? They lost their two best pitchers from last year. If they have good pitching returning they must not have pitched them last year according to maxprep.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

The 6'7'' kid (pape's brother) and the kid that moved in from meigs are both returning pitchers. Plus the johnson kid has a good arm

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

G.W.A. wrote:The 6'7'' kid (pape's brother) and the kid that moved in from meigs are both returning pitchers. Plus the johnson kid has a good arm

According to maxpreps they only have one player with a winning record coming back and that is a 2-1 record with a 4.97 era. This is a far cry from the pitching Southern has had in the past. Isn't it hard to hammer Newark when you are on here talking about your own move ins? :oops:

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Isn't it hard to hammer Newark when you are on here talking about your own move ins? :oops:[/quote]

No it is not. The kids family moved to Racine. Had nothing to do with sports. The recruiting in Meigs county of high school athletes is handled by the county commisioner

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Southern has managed to rebuild year after year since 2007 with new kids, at the plate, in the field, and on the mound. This upcoming season will be a test for Southern, yes they will be lacking a legit #1 or #2 on the mound, but there is still capable arms out there who can win games. Best of luck to Southern's new coach, whoever that may be.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I wish Coach Combs and the Southern Torndaoes good luck in the 2014 season!!
Last edited by Fonzie on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Could someone please post all of these Newark Catholic move in players and the school they came from. And why not post the year they came to Newark Catholic or the Newark Catholic system.

Thanks. :lol:

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

And while there at it please post how many of there players dont live in newark and how many dont even live in the same county as newark.

Return to “Baseball”