Minford V. Hurricane W.V

goburg696
Waterboy

Minford V. Hurricane W.V

Post by goburg696 »

Minford will play Hurricane WV on Tuesday, thoughts?

MClaw
Freshman Team

Re: Minford V. Hurricane W.V

Post by MClaw »

Heard they are the #1 team in the state. Would that make us #1 in WVA if we beat them? Haha
Should be a really good game

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

I know that Hurricane lost their Sectional game to Cabell Midland 8-6 on Thursday night. That was a big upset.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Minford hammers them. West Virginia baseball for the most part is not strong.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bozo wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:15 am Minford hammers them. West Virginia baseball for the most part is not strong.
That’s surprising considering they play pretty good softball

BennyTheJet
Waterboy

Post by BennyTheJet »

Bozo wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:15 am Minford hammers them. West Virginia baseball for the most part is not strong.
I don’t know about all that. Not saying it won’t be a good game, but Hurricane is a team that could win AAA in WV. They prolly won’t throw their ace but he’s going to Coastal Carolina. Think Hurricane won the state last year too. They aren’t some scrub team.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Where is this game going to be played?

goburg696
Waterboy

Post by goburg696 »

They did not play today. Word is school board didn’t clear it.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

goburg696 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 pm They did not play today. Word is school board didn’t clear it.
What does the school board have to do with the playing of a baseball game?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

goburg696 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 pm They did not play today. Word is school board didn’t clear it.
Isn’t that cleared when they schedule the game?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

14U wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 am
Isn’t that cleared when they schedule the game?
I’d think it would be your AD

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Issues at the board level and down out there? Shocker.

Although I think this game would have been a dandy.

thebarlowbandit
All State

A game with a team from Huntington is no different than any other team or game. Perfectly legal to play any team you want in a neighboring state. If it wasn't we'd only play half a season every year in every sport.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:23 am A game with a team from Huntington is no different than any other team or game. Perfectly legal to play any team you want in a neighboring state. If it wasn't we'd only play half a season every year in every sport.
I believe that the rules state that you can take a bus to a neighboring state within a certain distance with no problem. Not sure what the issue would have been since Hurricane is less than 2 hours from Minford.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:23 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:23 am A game with a team from Huntington is no different than any other team or game. Perfectly legal to play any team you want in a neighboring state. If it wasn't we'd only play half a season every year in every sport.
I believe that the rules state that you can take a bus to a neighboring state within a certain distance with no problem. Not sure what the issue would have been since Hurricane is less than 2 hours from Minford.
9-2-1 Schools may travel out of state to compete in contests in states or provinces in Canada that are contiguous to Ohio regardless of distance to travel. The states include Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The province includes Ontario. Additionally, schools may travel out of state one time per sport per interscholastic season to compete in contests in states or provinces in Canada that are not contiguous to Ohio provided there is no loss of school time. “School time” is defined as any time during any day during which the school is in session as stipulated in its Board-adopted school calendar exclusive of contingency days. Penalty for violation: The school shall be ineligible for the OHSAA postseason tournament in the sport in which the out-of-state travel was involved and could be subject to additional penalties as referenced in Bylaw 11.

They are fine. Akron SVSM got banned from post season since they missed school and outside the contiguous to Ohio states

thebarlowbandit
All State

Maybe check the rules so you are armed with more than “I believe”.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:59 am
Actually what I said was well within the rules. So I didnt have to check. Anything else buttbandit?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Actually what I said was well within the rules. So I didnt have to check. Anything else buttbandit?
Yeah, Go Burg

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Yeah, Go Burg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

In regards to traveling out of state, if they go on a school bus, it is limited to 1,000 miles from the time you cross the state line until you return to Ohio. That is round trip. We went to a basketball tournament over Christmas break in North Carolina and took a school bus.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein

Return to “Baseball”