Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

25th Street NW
Varsity

Re: Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

Post by 25th Street NW »

LOL

I can't type, still closer that Marco.

Not a time for marriage. Stay away from each other.

Martial Law :D

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bozo wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:28 am Yeah, I am a dumbass clown. We will wait and see to how this works out. The Government and Media will fudge the numbers even if it is not that bad. They lie to us all the time and people believe them. By the way Snowman, here are a couple articles for your miserable self to read.

https://news.yahoo.com/editorial-corona ... 26043.html

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-l ... 06596.html

They are in prison for a reason. Keep them there!

Ok. Go away now conspiracy theorist.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

This entire thread is an example of what’s going on in our country right now through the media, social media, etc etc etc. BICKERING! Cmon fellas!

Look folks, we all have different opinions and it’s ok (as adults we should all know this by now). Some of Us may be right and others wrong. That’s ok.. Not going to change that any time soon. Pointing fingers and playing the blame game has never got us anywhere. But the source of all this (can’t speak for “normal” times when everyone is constantly fighting) is the inconvenience it has brought to us all.

Not sure about you guys, but my reason for being on this forum and on this thread is to vent about BASEBALL/Sports. We are all upset that the baseball season is in question. Let’s not get into a proverbial pissing contest about it.

Final/main statement: This virus sucks, I love baseball, and I love all of you. Let’s hope we get the game we all love back sooner rather than later. And let’s hope the kids haven’t given up on it either, they’re the ones paying for all this (from a baseball perspective). If any players are reading this, keep working on your game and don’t worry about anything that’s out of your control. Play the game you love in whatever fashion you’re able to do it right now within reason. We will keep praying for good news.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Last thing I am going to say about this topic.
Give it about 7-10 days (April 1) living like we are right now. No stores, no entertainment, no schools, people losing jobs and small business going down the drain. You are going to start to see people going nuts everywhere. I hope that I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

LOOK FOR ALL MAJOR FACTORIES TO BE SHUT DOWN MONDAY
FIREMAN
RN'S
DOCTOR'S
OFFICER'S OF THE LAW AND OTHERS WILL BE ONLY PEOPLE ALLOWED OUT ON ROADS

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR 1 WEEK TO KEEP PEOPLE AT HOME SO THERE IS NO MORE SPREADING OF THIS
VIRUS. SO WE CAN GET BACK TO WHAT WE ALL WANT TO SEE SPRING SPORTS

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:14 am LOOK FOR ALL MAJOR FACTORIES TO BE SHUT DOWN MONDAY
FIREMAN
RN'S
DOCTOR'S

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR 1 WEEK TO KEEP PEOPLE AT HOME SO THERE IS NO MORE SPREADING OF THIS
I hope you are right

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:47 am
Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:14 am LOOK FOR ALL MAJOR FACTORIES TO BE SHUT DOWN MONDAY
FIREMAN
RN'S
DOCTOR'S

I hope you are right
having talked to several people that work in these departments its when will it happen
nurses at VA all had to bring in clothes and sleeping bags to stay there for at least a week starting Monday
and one of my best friends who is a cop said Gov sent email to all police departments said its only matter of time
my nephew works for railroad called him in gave him badge to get through road blocks to get to work
and if you get caught out you will get a ticket

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:33 am
FIREMAN
RN'S
DOCTOR'S

I hope you are right
having talked to several people that work in these departments its when will it happen
nurses at VA all had to bring in clothes and sleeping bags to stay there for at least a week starting Monday
and one of my best friends who is a cop said Gov sent email to all police departments said its only matter of time
my nephew works for railroad called him in gave him badge to get through road blocks to get to work
I think they will tighten down for a little while also I just don’t know if it will be good enough for them to give the ok for spring sports..I sure hope so

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

100% hypothetical scenario, but what if...

Assume "Billy" is a very good HS baseball player, but has not gotten any major college interest to date. He and his family are disappointed in this and the situation that has now caused him to lose his senior year of baseball and a last change to impress a couple scouts as well as not being able to have a senior prom, graduation, senior trip, etc.... Upon reviewing the situation, Billy technically has another semester of eligibility to play in high school and is well below the maximum age allowed to play HS sports. What if.....the parents decided to have him "held back" to repeat his senior year and get another chance to create memories as well as to potentially get a scholarship? I doubt many schools in our area would allow something like this, but would others??

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:24 pm 100% hypothetical scenario, but what if...

Assume "Billy" is a very good HS baseball player, but has not gotten any major college interest to date. He and his family are disappointed in this and the situation that has now caused him to lose his senior year of baseball and a last change to impress a couple scouts as well as not being able to have a senior prom, graduation, senior trip, etc.... Upon reviewing the situation, Billy technically has another semester of eligibility to play in high school and is well below the maximum age allowed to play HS sports. What if.....the parents decided to have him "held back" to repeat his senior year and get another chance to create memories as well as to potentially get a scholarship? I doubt many schools in our area would allow something like this, but would others??
It's very plausible. I know someone who did this at RV back in the late 90's. He got seriously injured in the summer before his senior year, so he dropped out and came back the next year to play his final year of football and basketball.

rc1129
Riding the Bench

Post by rc1129 »

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:53 am
Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:33 am

I hope you are right
I think they will tighten down for a little while also I just don’t know if it will be good enough for them to give the ok for spring sports..I sure hope so
This will happen to most but not all factories. Some chemical plants cannot physically be shut down without running the risk of explosions. (duPont, Kraton, etc)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:24 pm 100% hypothetical scenario, but what if...

There is no situation whatsoever that allows for “another semester” of eligibility. The clock begins a student’s first day of freshman year: eight semesters over four years. That’s the eligibility window. “Billy” is already on his eighth semester.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

25th Street NW wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:41 am I will say this again!
The panic that has been created in this country will hurt more than ANY virus.
This is not the 1918 Flu that killed millions. You know why? Because we are not in 1918, it is 2020!

That Acton lady is retreading her statement from March 10 when she said that 100,000 Ohioians will be infected by next week. When asked she said she was "guesstimating." ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! Talk about inducing PANIC!
Exactly! I posted this to another site, but this is how I feel.. I don't understand the people that are so afraid and want the whole country to be shut down for an extended period of time, while our economy goes to crap! End result, more people will lose their jobs, lose their homes, more kids will go hungry, they won't be able to get proper healthcare.. and so on. Maybe after some of us are out there working on the front lines, risking exposure everyday, we would like to come home and talk a little bit of softball without being attacked for not taking this seriously. Just because some refuse to live in fear doesn't mean we aren't taking this seriously. We have to look at the larger picture here. What would an extended lock down do to our country? I fear the repercussions would be far worse than the damage this virus has done. That's what scares me. And what about self responsibility??? If I'm elderly or immuno-compromised, I would be putting myself in quarantine until this passes. That's why some of us need to be decent human beings and offer to help these high risk people so they can stay home.

Hoopsallday
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsallday »

longball wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:29 am
This is not the 1918 Flu that killed millions. You know why? Because we are not in 1918, it is 2020!

That Acton lady is retreading her statement from March 10 when she said that 100,000 Ohioians will be infected by next week. When asked she said she was "guesstimating." ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! Talk about inducing PANIC!
Exactly! I posted this to another site, but this is how I feel.. I don't understand the people that are so afraid and want the whole country to be shut down for an extended period of time, while our economy goes to crap! End result, more people will lose their jobs, lose their homes, more kids will go hungry, they won't be able to get proper healthcare.. and so on. Maybe after some of us are out there working on the front lines, risking exposure everyday, we would like to come home and talk a little bit of softball without being attacked for not taking this seriously. Just because some refuse to live in fear doesn't mean we aren't taking this seriously. We have to look at the larger picture here. What would an extended lock down do to our country? I fear the repercussions would be far worse than the damage this virus has done. That's what scares me. And what about self responsibility??? If I'm elderly or immuno-compromised, I would be putting myself in quarantine until this passes. That's why some of us need to be decent human beings and offer to help these high risk people so they can stay home.
I totally agree. Could not have said it any better.

sportsfan20304
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan20304 »

When Governor DeWine makes the decision to close schools beyond the initial 3 week period, I believe that is when OHSAA will cancel spring sports. Best case scenario is that a very condensed conference schedule can be played followed by tournament play, but this seems rather unlikely, unfortunately.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I am still waiting for what that Acton lady said about two weeks ago on TV. She said 100,000 infected in Ohio within a week. She said it about March 12 or so. Then, 2.2 mill dead in the U.S. if we don't do anything or half that dead if we do something. I think she should go to prison for causing panic.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

sportsfan20304 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:04 am When Governor DeWine makes the decision to close schools beyond the initial 3 week period, I believe that is when OHSAA will cancel spring sports. Best case scenario is that a very condensed conference schedule can be played followed by tournament play, but this seems rather unlikely, unfortunately.
I just don’t know why the tournament schedule has to stay the same. Literally all you need is for the State to finish on the same dates (if that’s what has to happen) and adjust the rest, because it is too spread out as is now.

I think it’ll end up getting cancelled, but still holding out hope

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

longball wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:29 am

Do you seriously not pay any attention to what's happening everywhere in the world?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

petesweaty wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:23 am I am still waiting for what that Acton lady said about two weeks ago on TV. She said 100,000 infected in Ohio within a week. She said it about March 12 or so. Then, 2.2 mill dead in the U.S. if we don't do anything or half that dead if we do something. I think she should go to prison for causing panic.
You obviously have no idea what she actually said.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

sportsfan20304 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:04 am When Governor DeWine makes the decision to close schools beyond the initial 3 week period, I believe that is when OHSAA will cancel spring sports. Best case scenario is that a very condensed conference schedule can be played followed by tournament play, but this seems rather unlikely, unfortunately.
Just cut the state tournament and let them play something! Pick a state champ by state polls. Just ket them play some.

Return to “Baseball”