Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

Post by BlizzardMan »

longball wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:31 am
Bozo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:31 am No, we don't want kids going to school or playing sports to keep them off the streets. The governor would rather have the youth, who has had no sickness with this virus, hanging out doing drugs, making babies and doing things they shouldn't. Don't want to hear that crap that they are carriers and could give it to Grandma and Grandpa. Hell, they can give anything Grandma and Grandpa. Flu, colds, measles, etc.
I totally agree!!! I work in health care and I have read everything possible to educate myself on this virus. I'm seeing first hand the type of panic the governor is causing. We are not Italy! It's not going to get to that! Then when it doesn't, the goverment can say "look at what I did, I saved you, you need me".
I call bs on you working in the health field. You wouldn't say something so freakin stupid if you did. And if you do, you should be fired.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:28 am
longball wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:31 am
Bozo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:31 am No, we don't want kids going to school or playing sports to keep them off the streets. The governor would rather have the youth, who has had no sickness with this virus, hanging out doing drugs, making babies and doing things they shouldn't. Don't want to hear that crap that they are carriers and could give it to Grandma and Grandpa. Hell, they can give anything Grandma and Grandpa. Flu, colds, measles, etc.
I totally agree!!! I work in health care and I have read everything possible to educate myself on this virus. I'm seeing first hand the type of panic the governor is causing. We are not Italy! It's not going to get to that! Then when it doesn't, the goverment can say "look at what I did, I saved you, you need me".
I call bs on you working in the health field. You wouldn't say something so freakin stupid if you did. And if you do, you should be fired.
I'm sorry you are so afraid. I honestly feel bad for the people that are so scared by this. Do your research, wash your hands, stay away from sick/high risk people, and theres a 99.9% chance you will be fine.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

And just because I refuse to live in fear does not mean I'm not taking any of this seriously.

DKS
Waterboy

Post by DKS »

Has nothing to do with living in fear. It has more to do with having respect for other people who can be affected by this and being a decent human being.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Ok so because I think we shouldn't all panic and run out and hoard every last roll of TP, I'm not being a decent human being? Who exactly have I disrespected? The governor? Sorry but I feel like the way he and Acton are presenting things to the public is a big factor in causing this mass panic! Did anyone listen to Amy Acton yesterday? She projected 1.1 million American will die from this. 1.1 million!!! Where in the world is she getting these numbers? Out of the 1.3 billion people who live in China, around 3,000 have died!!! So explain that to me how she came up with that crazy number and tell me how that isn't causing more people to panic? Welcome to the world of softies...No one is allowed to have an opinion on anything without getting attacked.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

To get back on topic... There will not be a spring sports season. It really sucks and is sad! Jerry Snodgrass is having a press conference tomorrow at noon. I think he will tell us what we don't want to hear tomorrow.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

longball wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:38 am To get back on topic... There will not be a spring sports season. It really sucks and is sad! Jerry Snodgrass is having a press conference tomorrow at noon. I think he will tell us what we don't want to hear tomorrow.
As long as school is scheduled to return the spring sports season will continue. If schools stay out there will be little choice. This situation changes daily.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

I think schools will be closed for the year. Everyone seems to be panicking and jumping the gun to close everything before we even know for sure what will happen the next few weeks..

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

I agree with you 100% on everything longball.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

longball wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:23 am Ok so because I think we shouldn't all panic and run out and hoard every last roll of TP, I'm not being a decent human being? Who exactly have I disrespected? The governor? Sorry but I feel like the way he and Acton are presenting things to the public is a big factor in causing this mass panic! Did anyone listen to Amy Acton yesterday? She projected 1.1 million American will die from this. 1.1 million!!! Where in the world is she getting these numbers? Out of the 1.3 billion people who live in China, around 3,000 have died!!! So explain that to me how she came up with that crazy number and tell me how that isn't causing more people to panic? Welcome to the world of softies...No one is allowed to have an opinion on anything without getting attacked.
I think it was 1.1 million if we did nothing and lived life like we always do. I was in the boat of "we're blowing this out of proportion," but the last few days and the deaths increasing at a more rapid rate has lead me to believe that it might be safest to keep taking the precautions that are given to us.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Realist wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:56 pm
longball wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:23 am Ok so because I think we shouldn't all panic and run out and hoard every last roll of TP, I'm not being a decent human being? Who exactly have I disrespected? The governor? Sorry but I feel like the way he and Acton are presenting things to the public is a big factor in causing this mass panic! Did anyone listen to Amy Acton yesterday? She projected 1.1 million American will die from this. 1.1 million!!! Where in the world is she getting these numbers? Out of the 1.3 billion people who live in China, around 3,000 have died!!! So explain that to me how she came up with that crazy number and tell me how that isn't causing more people to panic? Welcome to the world of softies...No one is allowed to have an opinion on anything without getting attacked.
I think it was 1.1 million if we did nothing and lived life like we always do. I was in the boat of "we're blowing this out of proportion," but the last few days and the deaths increasing at a more rapid rate has lead me to believe that it might be safest to keep taking the precautions that are given to us.
Dr Amy Acton " If we did nothing, the estimates were that 2.2 million Americans would die. But if we do these interventions, we can cut the hospital surge by 2/3 and decrease deaths by half." This is the problem I have, why not just say we can decrease deaths by half, why this outrageous guess that doesn't even make any logical sense based on what we know and numbers from other countries?

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Yeah, Jhina (as Trump calls it) has what 4,000 deaths. There are like 1.5 billion people in that country. It has been over there for awhile.
That Acton women and the media are creating panic. Why announce anything about total deaths or potential deaths? There are a lot of stupid people in this world that will believe anything.

Again, the common flu has killed 150,000 people in the world since Jan 1.
CDC says 15,000-20,000 in the U. S. during this flu season.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

New one from Acton today “even if you are tested and it comes out negative, you could still have the Coronavirus”. Someone tell this woman to shut up.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

The leaders of this state are *** clowns!
That is coming from Bozo and we thought Kasich was bad.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

No way this can be as bad as they are blowing it up to be. Numbers will surely rise with more people being tested due to more tests being available but that doesnt mean the virus is being spread at an alarming rate - its just means more people are being tested. Many many people have had it, was never tested, never saw a doc, didn’t know they had it and just got better.
I believe it’s what some of us had back in January. The common flu has infected and killed more this season than this will..
If everyone takes extra precautions this thing will start the decline sooner rather then later.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

The panic and hysteria that the media/government has caused in this event will cause way more damage to this country than any virus would ever. They are going to crash the stock market, cause people to lose jobs, make families have hardship and destroy small business owners.
It also shows how most people believe anything that they are told. Our government and media control everything. Call it whatever you want.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Things are still on as of now

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

If only the governor will hold off on cancelling the whole school year. Take it a week or 2 at a time..

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Good luck with that longball. He is on a power trip and causing our economy to tank.
Somebody needs to stand up and say STOP THIS!

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

25th Street NW wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:36 pm Good luck with that longball. He is on a power trip and causing our economy to tank.
Somebody needs to stand up and say STOP THIS!
Exactly, that's why I'm not too confident that the kids will step foot back in that school this school year. Indiana just cancelled school until May 1. I have a feeling Dewine will feel the need to out do them. I get closing right now, but no one can see the future... I can't understand not waiting..

Return to “Baseball”