Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

Buckeye740
Waterboy

Re: Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

Post by Buckeye740 »

I agree let them play

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Just got word that an area school is not allowing any practices until shut down is over. I expected it but 3 weeks of no throwing, hitting or fielding is absolutely devastating, arms will be gone by the time season starts. OHSAA to make an announcement this afternoon as well.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

2Time wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:27 pm Just got word that an area school is not allowing any practices until shut down is over. I expected it but 3 weeks of no throwing, hitting or fielding is absolutely devastating, arms will be gone by the time season starts. OHSAA to make an announcement this afternoon as well.
that really stinks, but grab a few friends or a parent and go to the field and put in the work..

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

longball wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:31 pm
2Time wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:27 pm Just got word that an area school is not allowing any practices until shut down is over. I expected it but 3 weeks of no throwing, hitting or fielding is absolutely devastating, arms will be gone by the time season starts. OHSAA to make an announcement this afternoon as well.
that really stinks, but grab a few friends or a parent and go to the field and put in the work..
That's the thing they are also restricting access to all school facilities indoor or outdoor... So I guess find a backyard?

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

OHSAA just sent out no contact from the 17th til the 5th

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Realist wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:36 am
longball wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:24 am There's no need to freak out and cancel schools and spring sports right now. What good is closing schools going to do? First of all, that age group isn't even at risk. If we're afraid of spreading to the elderly, then don't visit grandma and grandpa until this this over. Kids aren't going to stay home. They will gather with their friends, go to the mall or go to the movies where they would probably have a higher chance of contracting the virus than if they were at school. What about seniors who will play their last season of baseball or softball? What about their senior prom and graduation? These kids are at a very low risk, wash your hands, let them live their lives!!!
Many of them live with Grandma and Grandpa
Sad but true, to many grandparents raising kids!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
coyote II
Waterboy

Post by coyote II »

THERE IS NO NEED TO PUT INNOCENT PEOPLE IN HARMS WAY. MOVE THE SEASON TO THE SUMMER, IF WE ARE SAFE THEN (which I doubt) THEN PLAY THE SEASON STARTING IN JUNE. OTHERWISE NO BASEBALL---PERIOD TOTAL BS TO EVEN CONSIDER PLAYING UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES. DO YOU ALL REALIZE OUR ENTIRE SOCIETY IS AT RISK

coyote II
Waterboy

Post by coyote II »

A LOT OF COACHES ARE OVER 50. IF THEY GET IT ITS NOT A GOOD SITUATION

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

That’s why it is delayed. Lighten up Francis.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

coyote II wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:19 pm THERE IS NO NEED TO PUT INNOCENT PEOPLE IN HARMS WAY. MOVE THE SEASON TO THE SUMMER, IF WE ARE SAFE THEN (which I doubt) THEN PLAY THE SEASON STARTING IN JUNE. OTHERWISE NO BASEBALL---PERIOD TOTAL BS TO EVEN CONSIDER PLAYING UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES. DO YOU ALL REALIZE OUR ENTIRE SOCIETY IS AT RISK
Aren’t you on the basketball board condemning the government?

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Who wants to bet that this panic causes less deaths than the common flu?
37,000 people died in the United States because of the common flu in 2019.
Then again, I will probably lose because our government will make it look worse even if it isn't.
It is a Media panic. Sure there is a virus. How many children have been tested positive so far?
Like I tell my kids, you can't live life scared.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

25th Street NW wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:28 pm Who wants to bet that this panic causes less deaths than the common flu?
37,000 people died in the United States because of the common flu in 2019.
Then again, I will probably lose because our government will make it look worse even if it isn't.
It is a Media panic. Sure there is a virus. How many children have been tested positive so far?
Like I tell my kids, you can't live life scared.
We have no clue how many people have it in the US because testing is limited
You don’t have to be scared, just be smart
Wouldn’t be licking any shopping carts

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

Just saw where the ohio governor said he hasn't ruled out shutting the schools down for the year.If that happens you can kiss the season good bye.

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Miles Wood wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:34 pm Just saw where the ohio governor said he hasn't ruled out shutting the schools down for the year.If that happens you can kiss the season good bye.

I agree and read that also. And I think it more than likely will happen. With it going to get worse before it’s better.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BBALL99 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:01 pm OHSAA just sent out no contact from the 17th til the 5th
I talked to a player on Friday who plays for a team in Fairfield County. I asked him “so, basically you guys are going to have no baseball for another month?”

What he said was stunning. He said that “the captains are running practice” for when this period goes into effect. This is directly circumventing the State of Ohio and the OHSAA, as Jerry Snodgrass said on Twitter that this is illegal

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

No, we don't want kids going to school or playing sports to keep them off the streets. The governor would rather have the youth, who has had no sickness with this virus, hanging out doing drugs, making babies and doing things they shouldn't. Don't want to hear that crap that they are carriers and could give it to Grandma and Grandpa. Hell, they can give anything Grandma and Grandpa. Flu, colds, measles, etc.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Bozo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:31 am No, we don't want kids going to school or playing sports to keep them off the streets. The governor would rather have the youth, who has had no sickness with this virus, hanging out doing drugs, making babies and doing things they shouldn't. Don't want to hear that crap that they are carriers and could give it to Grandma and Grandpa. Hell, they can give anything Grandma and Grandpa. Flu, colds, measles, etc.
I totally agree!!! I work in health care and I have read everything possible to educate myself on this virus. I'm seeing first hand the type of panic the governor is causing. We are not Italy! It's not going to get to that! Then when it doesn't, the goverment can say "look at what I did, I saved you, you need me".

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:43 pm
BBALL99 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:01 pm OHSAA just sent out no contact from the 17th til the 5th
I talked to a player on Friday who plays for a team in Fairfield County. I asked him “so, basically you guys are going to have no baseball for another month?”

What he said was stunning. He said that “the captains are running practice” for when this period goes into effect. This is directly circumventing the State of Ohio and the OHSAA, as Jerry Snodgrass said on Twitter that this is illegal
I'm guessing with the announcement from the OHSAA on Thursday all of this is going to be a moot point.

I saw the newest announcement from the OHSAA, and I bet he got word of a lot of schools that were going to do this, or got a ton of questions about if this was OK.

I know the district I work at made it clear that there wasnt to be any practices at our facilities, and I know all of our coaches relayed that to the athletes.

Sadly, I think the spring season is going to be cancelled on Thursday

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

All schools over towards Washington county closed their schools and facilities, also sent out mass emails that there are no practices, organized or not.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bozo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:31 am No, we don't want kids going to school or playing sports to keep them off the streets. The governor would rather have the youth, who has had no sickness with this virus, hanging out doing drugs, making babies and doing things they shouldn't. Don't want to hear that crap that they are carriers and could give it to Grandma and Grandpa. Hell, they can give anything Grandma and Grandpa. Flu, colds, measles, etc.
Wow! This is so stupid! Just stop! Kids are stick.at home so they do drugs and make babies? That doesn't even make since. Look at what's happening in the world? I can't believe how stupid and selfish people like you are?! So the doctors in every corner of the world are wrong and you sitting behind your keyboard with no knowledge of medicine at all are who we should listen too? Just stop! Yes, this sucks, but this virus is no joke! Its really not worth saying anymore. You are obviously not worth the time with such a stupid comment!

Return to “Baseball”