Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

Hoopsallday
Waterboy

Re: Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

Post by Hoopsallday »

smurray wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:17 pm No way this can be as bad as they are blowing it up to be. Numbers will surely rise with more people being tested due to more tests being available but that doesnt mean the virus is being spread at an alarming rate - its just means more people are being tested. Many many people have had it, was never tested, never saw a doc, didn’t know they had it and just got better.
I believe it’s what some of us had back in January. The common flu has infected and killed more this season than this will..
If everyone takes extra precautions this thing will start the decline sooner rather then later.
I definitely agree.

rc1129
Riding the Bench

Post by rc1129 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:28 am
longball wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:31 am
Bozo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:31 am No, we don't want kids going to school or playing sports to keep them off the streets. The governor would rather have the youth, who has had no sickness with this virus, hanging out doing drugs, making babies and doing things they shouldn't. Don't want to hear that crap that they are carriers and could give it to Grandma and Grandpa. Hell, they can give anything Grandma and Grandpa. Flu, colds, measles, etc.
I totally agree!!! I work in health care and I have read everything possible to educate myself on this virus. I'm seeing first hand the type of panic the governor is causing. We are not Italy! It's not going to get to that! Then when it doesn't, the goverment can say "look at what I did, I saved you, you need me".
I call bs on you working in the health field. You wouldn't say something so freakin stupid if you did. And if you do, you should be fired.
I call bs on you being a logical person you SHEEP. Y’all need to get woke before the g’vt takes over your life. Oh wait...... THEY HAVE ALREADY SUCCEEDED AT DOING SO. Not too long before martial law is called. They put them on alert in a California. This will probably get deleted but this government overreach is real and we the people must take back our lives. and for gods sake TURN OFF THE NEWS AND WASH YOUR HANDS

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

rc1129 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:18 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:28 am
longball wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:31 am

I totally agree!!! I work in health care and I have read everything possible to educate myself on this virus. I'm seeing first hand the type of panic the governor is causing. We are not Italy! It's not going to get to that! Then when it doesn't, the goverment can say "look at what I did, I saved you, you need me".
I call bs on you working in the health field. You wouldn't say something so freakin stupid if you did. And if you do, you should be fired.
I call bs on you being a logical person you SHEEP. Y’all need to get woke before the g’vt takes over your life. Oh wait...... THEY HAVE ALREADY SUCCEEDED AT DOING SO. Not too long before martial law is called. They put them on alert in a California. This will probably get deleted but this government overreach is real and we the people must take back our lives. and for gods sake TURN OFF THE NEWS AND WASH YOUR HANDS
The news is depressing

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

The government/media has succeeded in crashing the economy and scaring people that believe anything they hear.
Americans need to go back to normal life. WATCH: Give it about next weekend and all hell is going to break loose. Especially in California, where people are NOT going to sit still.

Where did all of these EXPERTS come from all the sudden?

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

25th Street NW wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:49 am The government/media has succeeded in crashing the economy and scaring people that believe anything they hear.
Americans need to go back to normal life. WATCH: Give it about next weekend and all hell is going to break loose. Especially in California, where people are NOT going to sit still.

Where did all of these EXPERTS come from all the sudden?
Yep! Amy Acton is not an expert in this.. she is an MD with a masters in community health who was appointed by Governor Dewine. Stop listening to her and her crazy predictions that obviously are not based on any actual statistics. She's saying what he wants her to say..

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

I will say this again!
The panic that has been created in this country will hurt more than ANY virus.
This is not the 1918 Flu that killed millions. You know why? Because we are not in 1918, it is 2020!

That Acton lady is retreading her statement from March 10 when she said that 100,000 Ohioians will be infected by next week. When asked she said she was "guesstimating." ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! Talk about inducing PANIC!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

What a bunch of dipshits on this thread! Seriously!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Vice President Pence, today: “The coronavirus is about three times more contagious than the flu, according to our best estimate. And you can contract the coronavirus, have very mild symptoms if any, not even be aware that you have it, and expose someone who is vulnerable to a very serious outcome.”

This virus and its pandemic is bad news. It’s bad for Ohio, it’s bad for the US and has very serious global implications across the health and economic spectra. It is a peculiar, frightening disease that the US is so far behind on testing measures and it is especially difficult to contain because of the asymptomatic carrying that contributes to community spread.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Again, stupid people believe anything especially from Mike Pence. Yeah, it has killed 200 people in the U.S. Probably will kill about 10,000-20,000. Flu has killed 40,000+ since October 1, 2019. Most will be in their 60s and 70s that die from the coronavrus.
The Government and media control our lives. It has been shown the last few weeks.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

25th Street NW wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm Again, stupid people believe anything especially from Mike Pence. Yeah, it has killed 200 people in the U.S. Probably will kill about 10,000-20,000. Flu has killed 40,000+ since October 1, 2019. Most will be in their 60s and 70s that die from the coronavrus.
The Government and media control our lives. It has been shown the last few weeks.
Go on... everyone is an idiot except for you. You know more about policy, epidemiology, and public health than people whose entire working careers are in it.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Morons like you feed the media and government panic/hysteria.

.....and yes Blizzard Man, you are on this thread, so that includes your dipshitness.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Bozo wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:21 pm Morons like you feed the media and government panic.

and yes Blizzard Man, you are on this thread, so that includes your dipshitness.
You’re right. This highly contagious disease, for which there is no cure nor readily-available vaccine, that is one base hit from decimating the American health care infrastructure and cratering the US economy, is just a product of media and government panic. It’s the media’s fault there is a severe lack of testing. It’s the media fueling this great conspiracy, and this disease is just no big deal! Don’t accept facts, figures, outbreak modeling and projections from experts who have expended years of education, apprenticeship and research in public health policy and epidemic study. Instead: listen to Larry, Curly and Moe on SEOPs who think baseball games are more important than stemming the grim specter of COVID-19 death that, without at-current policy measures aimed toward social distancing and preventing community spread, would be killing grandparents and cancer patients from Marietta to Waverly, to Ironton and to Logan and everywhere in between in the matter of a month or two!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I don't live my life in fear like most people do.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Bozo wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:34 pm I don't live my life in fear like most people do.
You don’t have to. I’m not, either.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I read an article last night where this guy was saying we should let all the convicts out of the prisons onto the streets because the prisons will be the worst place for the coronavirus spreading. Really? I would have some fear then.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:42 pm
Bozo wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:21 pm Morons like you feed the media and government panic.

and yes Blizzard Man, you are on this thread, so that includes your dipshitness.
You’re right. This highly contagious disease, for which there is no cure nor readily-available vaccine, that is one base hit from decimating the American health care infrastructure and cratering the US economy, is just a product of media and government panic. It’s the media’s fault there is a severe lack of testing. It’s the media fueling this great conspiracy, and this disease is just no big deal! Don’t accept facts, figures, outbreak modeling and projections from experts who have expended years of education, apprenticeship and research in public health policy and epidemic study. Instead: listen to Larry, Curly and Moe on SEOPs who think baseball games are more important than stemming the grim specter of COVID-19 death that, without at-current policy measures aimed toward social distancing and preventing community spread, would be killing grandparents and cancer patients from Marietta to Waverly, to Ironton and to Logan and everywhere in between in the matter of a month or two!
It's a waste of time to use logic with them. You used too many smart words for these dumbasses to even understand. Bozo will probably contract it because but probably will be asymptomatic and just pass it to other people, maybe kill a few and go on living his life a a dumb, ignorant piece of complete trash.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bozo wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:38 pm I read an article last night where this guy was saying we should let all the convicts out of the prisons onto the streets because the prisons will be the worst place for the coronavirus spreading. Really? I would have some fear then.
Where'd you read that? Social media? It must be true!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Yeah, I am a dumbass clown. We will wait and see to how this works out. The Government and Media will fudge the numbers even if it is not that bad. They lie to us all the time and people believe them. By the way Snowman, here are a couple articles for your miserable self to read.

https://news.yahoo.com/editorial-corona ... 26043.html

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-l ... 06596.html

They are in prison for a reason. Keep them there!

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Martial Law (I fixed it)

or is it Marshall Law like the famed senator Marco spelled it in Florida? :lol:
Last edited by 25th Street NW on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rc1129
Riding the Bench

Post by rc1129 »

25th Street NW wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:01 pm Marital Law

or is it Marshall Law like the famed senator Marco spelled it in Florida? :lol:
or is it Martial Law

If we're calling "Marital Law" I don't think all the newly weds can stop this pandemic :lol:

nice try 25th lol

Return to “Baseball”