OHSAA Update April 8

petesweaty
All Conference

Re: OHSAA Update April 8

Post by petesweaty »

Phase 2 schools can reopen.
Are we in Phase 1 now? No increase in Ohio.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

petesweaty wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:03 pm Phase 2 schools can reopen.
[/

I’m not sure but DeWine did say school situations would be discussed later next week so let’s keep our fingers crossed..if cases go down in next couple weeks we might get lucky..it’s just unreal how people get turned into puppets on a string..just take it a day at a time and quit assuming fall sports are done and activities until 2021.. it’s only April of 2020 lol

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

My question with the school situation is... say we go into Phase 2 middle of May... why couldn't the school year be extended into June? Online schooling isn't what some are making it out to be. The kids aren't actually learning, plain and simple and no one can convince me otherwise. Saw a teacher on columbus news saying she was worried about some of her students because she hasn't heard from them since this all started. There are many reasons kids need to go back to school. Sports or no sports, they need to go back if possible.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

according to that, seems like Ohio has been in phase one for awhile now.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

longball,
Ohio should be in Phase 1 right now according to the Trumpster yesterday. He said the phases have to do with number of hospitalizations downward trend for 14 days. Not everyday, but the average for a 5 day period. Total infections are not in play because they are testing more people everyday. Ohio has been on a downward trend for hospitalizations since April 4. Dewine and his girlfriend won't pull the trigger though as they want control. They have basically held 11.7 million Ohioans hostage for 5 weeks for 400 deaths. Over 75% of those deaths are 70+ and they will not release how many of those were in nursing homes. 273 people die on the average in Ohio everyday. The real numbers are closing in on a million unemployed and their unemployment website is broke half the time. I know people that have never got a check yet.

The biggest joke is that in the United State of America, we have had more virus deaths of people over 100 than people under 30. The economy and people are hurting bad! Not many people live to be 100. Also, I read this evening that Minnesota is going to open up school soon. Look for Florida to do it also.

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

longball wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:24 am
No we haven't.We have been under a stay at home order.Dont think all have listened.But they will be the ones that spread it or catch it.Only essentials under current phase .Phase one is a little more opened up than that.

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Miles Wood wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:52 pm
longball wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:24 am
No we haven't.We have been under a stay at home order.Dont think all have listened.But they will be the ones that spread it or catch it.Only essentials under current phase .Phase one is a little more opened up than that.
No, we didn’t mean we are actually under phase one of reopening. We were saying, we have already met those guidelines.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Ohio has met the guidelines to start Phase 1 at anytime. The governor could drop the Stay at Home Order and begin Phase 1 like Monday. He won't do it though because he has overreacted to this fiasco from Day 1. 11.7 million Ohioans held hostage for 425 deaths. 10% of the infected in Ohio are in prisons. He destroyed the last 2 1/2 months of school for kids, small businesses and a lot of people's lives.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

This is life now, social distancing, masks. Life as we new it is over until we get a vaccine. The sooner people accept it and do what there suppose to do the sooner we defeat this enemy. Watch what happens in Florida now since he beaches opens, there will be a spike in cases and then go back to a mandatory stay at home, I’m not risking my kids life’s, my family’s life’s my friends life’s, my community’s life’s over the rest of school year opening, so basically we have come this far and now all of sudden let’s send our kids, family’s back out like nothing happened , without a vaccine . Crazyiness Ohio and Gov. Mike DeWine s doing what best for everyone young, middle aged and seniors. Not just a few that want to re infect everyone and startfrom scratch

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

You drank the Kool Aid and they scared you too!
No vaccine for a year. I wonder if it will be 40% effective like the flu shot.
Not one kid has died from this virus in Ohio. Numerous have died from the flu.
Have fun hiding under your bed!

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

I am being told and have seen an updated schedule for IF we are allowed to resume play May 1. League games only on a 2 week stretch starting May 9, the JV team will play opposite of the varsity, unfortunately for the JV a few of the teams in this league (TVC Ohio) are not fielding JV teams this year. So I believe that will be 12 games for varsity and 8 for JV.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

2Time wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 am I am being told and have seen an updated schedule for IF we are allowed to resume play May 1. League games only on a 2 week stretch starting May 9, the JV team will play opposite of the varsity, unfortunately for the JV a few of the teams in this league (TVC Ohio) are not fielding JV teams this year. So I believe that will be 12 games for varsity and 8 for JV.
May 1st wasn't the date OHSAA said. The acclimation period begins May 4th, first pitch of the season would be Saturday, May 9th.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:06 pm
2Time wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 am I am being told and have seen an updated schedule for IF we are allowed to resume play May 1. League games only on a 2 week stretch starting May 9, the JV team will play opposite of the varsity, unfortunately for the JV a few of the teams in this league (TVC Ohio) are not fielding JV teams this year. So I believe that will be 12 games for varsity and 8 for JV.
May 1st wasn't the date OHSAA said. The acclimation period begins May 4th, first pitch of the season would be Saturday, May 9th.
Yup put May 9th in the original post,"League games only on a 2 week stretch starting May 9"

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

School buildings are off-limits the remainder of the school year. There's our answer.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Gov Mike DeWine and Dr Amy Acton are hero’s and looking out for all age groups. Kudos for taking the lead in the nation and otherStates following these two great leaders from Ohio

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I heard they are off limits until August 1.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

petesweaty wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:51 pm I heard they are off limits until August 1.
I believe it is July 1st as of right now.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

It is July 1 right now. Correct.

Return to “Baseball”